FE4 Noobs unite...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's the only way to make Nanna front-line charisma girl.

Nanna is always a fighter type for me, and she can go to the frontline most of the time just fine. But she failed as a healer.

Since you seem to be basing off 99% of your arguments on "lol, the rest of your army will be lv1 retard":

...Are you serious? Let's see.

Argument: 1. an oral disagreement; verbal opposition

I was asking why you mentioned it. You completely ignored my question.

This wasn't. That was my Magic Ring argument.

More requirements. Way to go minimizing your chances.

This wasn't. Requirement argument.

Let's see, now you have to kill off Sylvia and pair up Lachesis and bring Fee close to him..

This wasn't. Requirement argument.

Seriously, trying to prepare a whole game just so Sety can beat Julius in chapter 10. What a waste of time. You have to abuse Holsety and your thief like a retard, you have to choose the children specifically, your other units have to be weak in order for Sety to have a high amount of kills..

This was but it had other arguments too. Also, cash and requirement argument.

Let's see why you need to get lucky:

- Julius needs to miss

- You need to critical him 3 times

- You need to use Continue

That's way too luck dependent.

This wasn't. Luck argument.

That's luck dependent because you need to not activate continue first and critical at the same time, then on the next attack you need to activate continue and critical.. not cool in a one round.

So many things you have to do in a single turn, it's just way too luck dependent and far from reliable.

A bit of abusing? Fuck off right there. You need a HUGE amount of abusing.

There were two arguments here, and they weren't but one of it was, only partially. Luck argument and abuse argument (general abuse for luck and so on).

You also need plenty of favoritism since you're giving him over 9000 kills and cash from your thief.

This was.

That's FAR from 99%.

Edited by Julius

That's FAR from 99%.

9000 is also quite far from 100-200.

Learn to hyperbole, as well.

And I'm not repeating myself; as dondon said one or two pages ago, I've proved my point (Sety can one-round Yurius with some luck and a bit of abusive preparation) well enough. You're arguing for arguing's sake, and I'm no fan of that.

Edited by TheEnd

9000 is also quite far from 100-200.

Hehe, you don't know what over 9000 is?

I've proved my point (Sety can one-round Yurius with some luck and a bit of abusive preparation) well enough

Not only will you need a huge amount of luck, you'll need a lot of abuse. Stop trying to make the requirements seem little, because they're huge.

Not only will you need a huge amount of luck, you'll need a lot of abuse.

I think he already stated that he is an abuser player and doesn't play for rank.

Everyone has their own play style you know.

Hehe, you don't know what over 9000 is?

The fact you're breaking a scouter doesn't mean you aren't using a hyperbole.

Not only will you need a huge amount of luck, you'll need a lot of abuse. Stop trying to make the requirements seem little, because they're huge.

You're mistaken about the "huge amount of luck" part - the abuse nullifies a lot of such need (lol 80-100% crit). As somebody said earlier, my unoptimized match would result in Sety's victory 1 out of 3 times, which isn't bad at all. And that isn't taking into account speed (+10% flee, +5% continue)/skill (+10% hit) rings or Charisma (lol).

You make it sound like what I'm saying is outrageous and downright impossible without codes, when it isn't - it takes boss abuse, reinforcement abuse and some favoritism (because really, having Levin or Sety kill stuff with Holsety is SO HARD, isn't it? - except it really can be, but roads help giving the enemies enough confidence to attack, I guess)*. It's abusive gameplay - but, then again, you aren't supposed to be pitting Sety against Yurius at all. Yurius is a magic tank, nothing short of Narga is supposed to be bothering him (and really doesn't, in the Epilogue); if you're playing regularly, you'll either target Ishtar or Balmung!Ryuuseiken Yurius.

*In other words, nothing outside of my regular gaming habits.

if you're playing regularly, you'll either target Ishtar or Balmung!Ryuuseiken Yurius.

Are you being serious here?

Shanan would be dead if you pit him with Yurius.

Are you being serious here?

Shanan would be dead if you pit him with Yurius.

Actually forget it, he'd need a 50*+ Balmung to do that.

Otherwise, he'd just be dealing 1 damage multiple times.

Edited by TheEnd

Otherwise, he'd just be dealing 1 damage multiple times.

He will deals more damage than 1 actually.

[27 (STR cap) + 30 (Balmunk's mt) + 5 (Power Ring)] / 2 = 31 attack power.

Now, unlike his MDF, Yurius' DEF is just 25 without any bonus from Loptous. So Shanan could deals 6 damage/attack.

But then again, Shanan needs to land 14 hits to kill Yurius. Even if he manages to activate Shooting Star and continue for two times, the total attacks are still only 12.

So yeah, without 50 kills Balmunk Shanan couldn't one round Yurius.

Edited by Ishtar

I have to go, so this is going to be a shoddy reply.

This is an incredible waste of time, and here there was me thinking it was over.

You're arguing for arguing's sake, and I'm no fan of that.

Then why continue?

The fact you're breaking a scouter doesn't mean you aren't using a hyperbole.

Why are you taking it seriously? It was just a little joke even though it did have a little truth to it.

You're mistaken about the "huge amount of luck" part - the abuse nullifies a lot of such need (lol 80-100% crit). As somebody said earlier, my unoptimized match would result in Sety's victory 1 out of 3 times, which isn't bad at all. And that isn't taking into account speed (+10% flee, +5% continue)/skill (+10% hit) rings or Charisma (lol).
TheEnd has shown that Sety can raise his critical rate to near 100%, that his Continue rate is 45%, and that Julius's hit rate is ~55%. The chance that Continue will activate at least once in two attacks is ~70%, and Julius will miss 45% of the time, which means that Sety will one-round Julius in about 1 of 3 battles... not too bad. Of course, Sety's own hit rate isn't considered, but even so, his chances of one-rounding are still fairly decent.

I'm not even saying that the luck part is the worst part, it's how you the Holsety kills.

The way that Sety gets his Holsety kills is extremely important, because he needs to get it somehow. I'm not denying that Sety can one round Julius, I'm saying that it's very difficult to do so. It requires luck, different pairings, abuse, many, many things.

It's very hard to get the 80-100% crit, because Sety has a limited amount of cash and your thief can't get enough. He'll probably get only a 50 kill Holsety.

The luck isn't even the hard part.

Okay, let's see. Beating Julius. Without a ring.

Sety has average 27 magic. 57 might. You get 114 in a critical hit. 57 - 35 = 22. You can't one round him then, and even if you can you have a 50% chance to lose. You need 4 crits, 2 continues and a Julius miss without a ring. Not going to work unless you are really lucky, so that is out the window.

Sety has 32 magic with the ring, so he'll do 27 damage to Julius. There are two ways to win:

- You need to use Continue once, critical 3 times in a row and make Julius miss.

- Or you can not use Continue on the first turn. critical on that one however, and then critical twice and use Continue on the next attack.

Both have low chances. You'll need to abuse a save to get that.

Considering that you can't get every single requirement to efficiently beat Julius, the chances are even lower.

You make it sound like what I'm saying is outrageous and downright impossible without codes, when it isn't - it takes boss abuse, reinforcement abuse and some favoritism (because really, having Levin or Sety kill stuff with Holsety is SO HARD, isn't it? - except it really can be, but roads help giving the enemies enough confidence to attack, I guess)*. It's abusive gameplay - but, then again, you aren't supposed to be pitting Sety against Yurius at all. Yurius is a magic tank, nothing short of Narga is supposed to be bothering him (and really doesn't, in the Epilogue); if you're playing regularly, you'll either target Ishtar or Balmung!Ryuuseiken Yurius.
I'm not denying the fact that Sety can solo Julius.

Kind of hard to believe it takes boss abuse when Sety can kill anything in a round.

The problem here is that you're making the requirements sound little and easy. Reinforcement abuse is limited because Sety can't make infinite money, nor can a thief.

Reinforcement abuse is limited because Sety can't make infinite money, nor can a thief.

I see you haven’t get acquaintance with an item named Thief Ring yet. -_-

The way that Sety gets his Holsety kills is extremely important, because he needs to get it somehow

Dragons (due to boss abuse, I don't need them to level up my other characters). Leptor's army. That swordmaster's miniarmy that appears right when you get Holsety. I got them like that. I don't mind taking 300 turns to finish a chapter.

different pairings

... you aren't even trying anymore, are you?

Okay, let's see. Beating Julius. Without a ring.

You need the ring. Hurr.

- You need to use Continue once, critical 3 times in a row and make Julius miss.

- Or you can not use Continue on the first turn. critical on that one however, and then critical twice and use Continue on the next attack.

Both have low chances. You'll need to abuse a save to get that.

As I said, you can get Sety's critical to near 100%. Some reloading may be needed, but the same could be said of anybody else trying to one-round Yurius anyway.

Recommended reading: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=g...amp;x=0&y=0

EDIT:

The problem here is that you're making the requirements sound little and easy. Reinforcement abuse is limited because Sety can't make infinite money, nor can a thief.
I see you haven’t get acquaintance with an item named Thief Ring yet. -_-
Edited by TheEnd

You didn't even answer some of what I said, but I don't blame you, this is the most boring thing ever. This is just gonna be my last post because I am bored to death.

Dragons (due to boss abuse, I don't need them to level up my other characters). Leptor's army. That swordmaster's miniarmy that appears right when you get Holsety. I got them like that. I don't mind taking 300 turns to finish a chapter.

Dragons what? Am I forgetting something here?

You forget that Holsety users are rarely attacked.

You can take 300 turns. But what matters is in general. People would RARELY have the patience to finish a chapter in 300 turns. You're an exception, but the general crowd is what matters.

That's why trying to do Sety > Julius is not good.

It's gonna take even longer because the enemies won't attack your Holsety user.

You need the ring. Hurr.
And that isn't taking into account speed (+10% flee, +5% continue)/skill (+10% hit) rings or Charisma (lol).
As I said, you can get Sety's critical to near 100%. Some reloading may be needed, but the same could be said of anybody else trying to one-round Yurius anyway.

Getting his critical there is very tough.

I think I see the problem here. Since you love abusing and all, you think it's easy. But what about others? They're the ones that matter, not one person. I am not denying that it's possible to one round Julius with Sety, but I am saying that it's very unlikely since people would rarely abuse him and people don't have the patience. Can you deny that?

Oh yeah, have fun buying the Thief Ring which costs 40000 and repairing your Holsety.

Edited by Julius

Oh yeah, have fun buying the Thief Ring which costs 40000 and repairing your Holsety.

Thief Ring. Sir, do you even know what it is?

Let me tell you then, Thief Ring is an item that enables you to steal all the money of your opponent if you successfully landed a hit on him. NO MATTER IF YOU ARE USING A DIRECT ATTACK OR A RANGE ONE.

The lowest amount of money in FE4 enemy is 1000 G (and I think this is only in 1st Gen, the lowest amount in 2nd Gen is around 2000 G, but let's not get into that), enough to repair 1 Holsety use. Most enemy in FE4 won't survive from 2 Holsety attacks (unless they are Major Bosses, which some of them still can't survive it).

NOW...If you kill an enemy in one hit then get 1000 G, keep on doing this for 50 times. How much money do you get? 50,000 G right? THAT DOESN'T ENOUGH TO FULLY REPAIR HOLSETY?

I ignore your points because you ignore mine.

Dragons what? Am I forgetting something here?

Welcome to Thracia.

You forget that Holsety users are rarely attacked.

And you think I don't know?

because really, having Levin or Sety kill stuff with Holsety is SO HARD, isn't it? - except it really can be, but roads help giving the enemies enough confidence to attack, I guess
You can take 300 turns. But what matters is in general. People would RARELY have the patience to finish a chapter in 300 turns. You're an exception, but the general crowd is what matters.

What the hell? The general crowd is going to kill Ishtar, goddammit. I couldn't care less about the general crowd.

That's why trying to do Sety > Julius is not good.

I'm saying it's doable, unlike Sety x Alvis. Did you miss that part? Or are you just trolling?

Getting his critical there is very tough.

I think I see the problem here. Since you love abusing and all, you think it's easy. But what about others? They're the ones that matter, not one person. I am not denying that it's possible to one round Julius with Sety, but I am saying that it's very unlikely since people would rarely abuse him and people don't have the patience. Can you deny that?

I'll repeat again: NORMAL PEOPLE WILL BE KILLING ISHTAR INSTEAD.

Depending on your patience, you can also have Sety directly get it, you know.

Edited by TheEnd

Whut? How? Don't the village got burned down first?

Or you just kill the Thief Fighter and the Bandit and leave the village open?

Wait, what exactly are we arguing for?

Thief Ring. Sir, do you even know what it is?

I know, but repairing your Holsety and buying a thief ring at the same time is hard.

I ignore your points because you ignore mine.

I didn't ignore any of yours. I answered all of the ones which needed answering. Where did I ignore? Please show me.

You're basically contradicting yourself every time you post, and I'm going to contradict myself this once.

because really, having Levin or Sety kill stuff with Holsety is SO HARD, isn't it? - except it really can be, but roads help giving the enemies enough confidence to attack, I guess

It requires patience since you're only using Levin or Sety.

What the hell? The general crowd is going to kill Ishtar, goddammit. I couldn't care less about the general crowd.

That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is the general crowd's patience to handle Holsety abusing. No one is really going to do what you said, not saying it's impossible, but it's highly inefficient and unneeded.

I'm saying it's doable. Unlike Sety x Alvis. Did you miss that part? Or are you just trolling?

It's near not doable. I explained why, because people have little patience.

I'll repeat again: NORMAL PEOPLE WILL BE KILLING ISHTAR INSTEAD.

We're not talking about that. We're talking about people abusing Holsety. People will not be able to stand that. You need to kill one thing every turn, you need to bring a thief to steal cash and even then you have to make sure he won't get flooded and die, so many annoying little things. That's not efficient at all. Stop trying to defend it.

Depending on your patience. Something which you seem to have in great amounts, but others lack.

Edited by Julius

Whut? How? Don't the village got burned down first?

Or you just kill the Thief Fighter and the Bandit and leave the village open?

Fee or some other mounted unit kills them, Sety takes 2379 turns to reach the village.

It's impractical, though. Having Patty give Sety money so he can buy it ends up being a better idea.

Especially since I rarely have Patty give out money, as I usually plan out the ring inheritance.

EDIT: Yurius, you're an utterly hopeless case.

Edited by TheEnd

Wait, what exactly are we arguing for?

TheEnd's play style. Which none of us have business with it.

I know, but repairing your Holsety and buying a thief ring at the same time is hard.

Any SANE people will buy the ring when they have a full cash, and their weapon is in a good condition.

Or else Patty/Daisy can always help for the first-timer-thief!Sety.

Fee or some other mounted unit kills them, Sety takes 2379 turns to reach the village.

It's impractical, though. Having Patty give Sety money so he can buy it ends up being a better idea.

Especially since I rarely have Patty give out money, as I usually plan out the ring inheritance.

I rarely use Patty's money too, since the others are so rich they don't need a help. Unless for when someone needs to buy ring or Holy Weapon users. But that's still a rare case.

Ares is my best candidate for Thief Ring though, he depends so ridiculously much on Mistolteen. ;_;

Edited by Ishtar

TheEnd's play style. Which none of us have business with it.

Which was pointless. What a waste of time.

Any SANE people will buy thet ring when they have a full cash, and their weapon is in a good condition.

Or else Patty/Daisy can always help for the first-timer-thief!Sety.

Like I said earlier, a mega big pain in the ass. You not only have to bring only Sety and a thief, you have to make sure that your thief doesn't get flooded which you can do by bringing other units, but if you bring them then they'll take kills from Sety.

Which was pointless. What a waste of time.

You sir, have no right to insult other people's play style. It's not even your business.

Like I said earlier, a mega big pain in the ass. You not only have to bring only Sety and a thief, you have to make sure that your thief doesn't get flooded which you can do by bringing other units, but if you bring them then they'll take kills from Sety.

DON'T YOUR THIEF HAS MONEY BEFORE SETY COMES?

When I said 'help' I meant it as "Sety repairs his Holsety tome first, then after he gets another money from Patty/Daisy he could go and buy the damn ring".

And once again, any SANE people will buy the ring first after they got Sety (when his Holsety is still in perfect condition, and you just need 28,000 G from your thief), if they intended to do this trick.

You sir, have no right to insult other people's play style. It's not even your business.

No, I mean the argument was a waste of time and pointless.

DON'T YOUR THIEF HAS MONEY BEFORE SETY COMES?

When I said 'help' I meant it as "Sety repairs his Holsety tome first, then after he gets another money from Patty/Daisy he could go and buy the damn ring".

Still a pain in the ass, especially in chapter 7 since Patty comes in weak.

Edited by Julius