Skull Kid will crash the Moon in Akaneia in 3 days...

Skull Kid is using the Majora's Mask The Majora's Mask is using Skull Kid to summon the moon to crash in Akaneia in 3 days. He's holed himself up in the castle at Pales, Akaneia. Also, he's teamed up with Gnasty Gnorc and the Black Knight from Path of Radiance. Gnasty Gnorc has an army of Gnorcs, quantity unknown, and the Black Knight has somehow coerced most of the Akaneian army to follow him and protect Skull Kid.

This takes place after the events of Monshou no Nazo, and you can live in any country you want as any Akaneian class you want (including dragons and ballistae), but you cannot be any existing character.

You are given Yoshi, the Monado, Kazooie, and three Moogles (one of which being Mog, the dancing Moogle from FFVI).

All portals are closed - nothing else can be brought in from outside universes.

Everything follows lore rules, not gameplay rules.

What do you do?

Edited by Polinym

I've heard about this Guh Nasty Guh Norc character. He's too simple and too ugly to pose a threat to Archanea. And since Archanea has no supply of magic gems, the only army he can create is whatever he brought in with him. The Black Knight is the real threat since he has impenetrable armor and a sword that was also blessed to never break. Not to mention plot convenient Warp Powder. It'd be a big gamble, but it all comes down to whether Yoshi can successfully eat him. Mog's Dance command might work since a lot of those attacks are designated Unblockable and ignore Defense. 

Having a Monado is no good since I can't use it. The only Fire Emblem character I'd suspect who can is Robin, since he and Shulk have extremely similar situations to the respective villains of their game. Even if any of us could use it, it specifically doesn't hurt humans! So while I'm sure it can hurt Majora, I have no idea whether Skull Kid is human (he has a beak, but otherwise has regular human features)

Ultimately, I think we have no choice but to team up with Gharnef and resurrect Medeus. He and the Earth Dragons may be able to catch the moon and stop it from reaching Earth. And I know Gharnef is still around since Starlight specifically didn't kill him the first time, why would it the second? As for Kazooie...I'll load her up with Red feathers and send her to Valentia. Request King Alm to take in refugees if we fail. That idiot killed Duma so he had better do something in this crisis.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

2 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Having a Monado is no good since I can't use it.

Shulk and Zanza may be the only ones who can use it to best capacity, and for a long term, but it's possible to use it for brief times, tho it'll hurt the user iirc. Monado could actually be useful because Black Knight (if he's RD) eclipse can kill just about anything Fire Emblem and monado could predict eclipse and help survive it. Also it could allow the mechon armor to be pierced, so it could possibly deal with BK's mantle.

Mogs should be put in armor like armor knights because we know they're already great at choking a chokepoint. I think it'd be great to see a dancing armor knight. Also, are there dancers in Monshou no Nazo? We could give mog and the dancer virtually infinite movement by having them refresh each other around the map.

I'll be a flame dragon because even a juvenile flame dragon (spyro) was strong enough to take on Gnasty Gnorc's entire army before. So at least we've got that covered. Is it out of universe to have a headbutt ability for gnorcs with shields and armor etc? I don't know Akaneia that well, so I don't know where exactly it would be best to start.

@Zapp Branniglennthe skull kid is probably not human...I'm pretty sure they said that Skull Kids were kokiri initially?? However, there seems to be a lot of info floating around because when I tried to google to confirm, someone said that Kokiri are just hylian children living in the kokiri forest (like, they're not special, any human wouldn't age if they lived there). I think that's contradicted by OoT though, because I'm pretty sure they explicitly say Link is Hylian, not Kokiri, or something like that, which implies a difference.

Pyrathi is the only obvious choice for the country to live in. No matter how powerful your Monado and Yoshi riding skills are, the simple truth is that three days is not a lot of time to cross a continent. Pyrathi, however, happens be right on Akaneia's doorstop. To get there on time you'd would also want to  be the unit with the best capacity to move around, which is a Wyvern Manakete.

6 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Having a Monado is no good since I can't use it. The only Fire Emblem character I'd suspect who can is Robin, since he and Shulk have extremely similar situations to the respective villains of their game. Even if any of us could use it, it specifically doesn't hurt humans! So while I'm sure it can hurt Majora, I have no idea whether Skull Kid is human (he has a beak, but otherwise has regular human features)

Monado can hurt humans. What it can't hurt is sentient life from Bionis. Which skull kid is almost certainly not.

Edited by Jotari

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Pyrathi is the only obvious choice for the country to live in. No matter how powerful your Monado and Yoshi riding skills are, the simple truth is that three days is not a lot of time to cross a continent. Pyrathi, however, happens be right on Pyrathi's doorstop. To get there on time you'd would also want to  be the unit with the best capacity to move around, which is a Wyvern Manakete.

Monado can hurt humans. What it can't hurt is sentient life from Bionis. Which skull kid is almost certainly not.

Yup, the Monado can be used as a weapon, as people in the continent of Akaneia are not Homs. Skull Kid is a skull kid who just so happens to be the antagonist of a game.

1 hour ago, Original Alear said:

We could give mog and the dancer virtually infinite movement by having them refresh each other around the map.

This would not come into play, as "turns" don't exist in real life. If you want another dancer, you will have to recruit one who already exists. Also, Mog's dances are attacks, not the same as the refresh dance from Fire Emblem which should only "encourage" users when applied realistically.

1 hour ago, Original Alear said:

Shulk and Zanza may be the only ones who can use it to best capacity, and for a long term, but it's possible to use it for brief times, tho it'll hurt the user iirc. Monado could actually be useful because Black Knight (if he's RD) eclipse can kill just about anything Fire Emblem and monado could predict eclipse and help survive it. Also it could allow the mechon armor to be pierced, so it could possibly deal with BK's mantle.

Other people can definitely use the Monado, as seen with Dunban. However, its ability to damage the Black Knight would most likely be limited. Since it's only his armor that's enchanted, the laser part of the Monado might be able to do some damage.

5 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Ultimately, I think we have no choice but to team up with Gharnef and resurrect Medeus.

Even if Gharnef somehow miraculously survived, which seems very unlikely, you would have to do something even more miraculous to convince him to do your bidding. Also, you have three days. Nevertheless, I am going to say that Gharnef is dead.

To all: You may continue to ask for more information and even debate the conditions, but the moon is on its way. Once you have your plan, you should provide your entire plan of action as to how you either stop the moon's crashing ( it's presumed incapacitating Majora / the Majora's Mask will result in the moon going back to normal ), saving the people you choose, or perhaps simply saving yourself.

I think the fact that the Monado is present at all would imply that Alvis is definitely present somewhere within the world. If you can find him, I believe that there's a high probability of victory assuming he can be recruited.

Aw sweat sweet, CYOA time.

Black Knight's armor doesn't scare me. I figure the Lightsphere can be used to ignore that- so the first step is to petition Marth for aid (i.e. gimme lightsphere).

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

3 hours ago, Polinym said:

Even if Gharnef somehow miraculously survived, which seems very unlikely, you would have to do something even more miraculous to convince him to do your bidding. Also, you have three days.

We don't know how he miraculously survived the first time. Dude just has nine lives don't question it. How will I convince him? Okay, I choose to be part of the Medeus Faithful and my plan to convince Gharnef (and the thoroughly annoyed soul of Medeus) to try a third time is pointing out that Medeus saving the world would immediately sway the people of Akanea to our side. Doing away with the heretical god Narga and pleading for our Dominion.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

5 hours ago, Original Alear said:

Also it could allow the mechon armor to be pierced, so it could possibly deal with BK's mantle.

I'm betting the Monado has a very liberal notion of what a human is. As seen with the Face Mechon which lacks any recognizably human features or even a human will. The reason the Monado can't cut the outer shell of these clearly robotic beings is that it detects some human life inside. And it would be bold to assume the rules would change just because the world changed. For all we know, the Monado in a world that lacks Ether would never turn on and simply be a plastic toy.

Also I'm not convinced of the designation "sentient life". As you can cut down so many organic creatures of Bionis. Surely some if not most of them meet even the most conservative definition. Furthermore, When you're ambushed by High Entian assassins, Shulk's attacks do no damage to them. So don't go accusing them of gameplay/story segregation. What counts as 'Human' is probably just the ability to verbally communicate.

Assuming the Monado Works, and works how it does in its own world, my expectation of the Black Knight interaction is that it would either glance completely off the armor like with Face Mechon, or it would cut the armor and stop short of cutting the human inside. Now it's awkwardly lodged in his armor. You'd need about a dozen clean hacks to cut the armor off and what you're left with is still one of the best swordsmen in Tellius. It's a losing fight. I'd sooner put my money on Mog. 

6 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

We don't know how he miraculously survived the first time. Dude just has nine lives don't question it. How will I convince him? Okay, I choose to be part of the Medeus Faithful and my plan to convince Gharnef (and the thoroughly annoyed soul of Medeus) to try a third time is pointing out that Medeus saving the world would immediately sway the people of Akanea to our side. Doing away with the heretical god Narga and pleading for our Dominion.

I'm betting the Monado has a very liberal notion of what a human is. As seen with the Face Mechon which lacks any recognizably human features or even a human will. The reason the Monado can't cut the outer shell of these clearly robotic beings is that it detects some human life inside. And it would be bold to assume the rules would change just because the world changed. For all we know, the Monado in a world that lacks Ether would never turn on and simply be a plastic toy.

Also I'm not convinced of the designation "sentient life". As you can cut down so many organic creatures of Bionis. Surely some if not most of them meet even the most conservative definition. Furthermore, When you're ambushed by High Entian assassins, Shulk's attacks do no damage to them. So don't go accusing them of gameplay/story segregation. What counts as 'Human' is probably just the ability to verbally communicate.

Assuming the Monado Works, and works how it does in its own world, my expectation of the Black Knight interaction is that it would either glance completely off the armor like with Face Mechon, or it would cut the armor and stop short of cutting the human inside. Now it's awkwardly lodged in his armor. You'd need about a dozen clean hacks to cut the armor off and what you're left with is still one of the best swordsmen in Tellius. It's a losing fight. I'd sooner put my money on Mog. 

The High Entian assassins is precisely the reason I say sentient life from Bionis rather than humans. Because the High Entians aren't humans. They are creatures from Bionis, however. And, while we have no gameplay opportunity to fight a Egil or any other Machnia before the Monado is powered up, I reckon it would be able to hurt Machina. I mean, Egil's not a coward and is pretty smart; if the Monado was kicking his forces' collective ass so hard in Dunban's possession and he was fully immune to it because he's human shaped then he no doubt would have taken to the field and fought Dunban himself. Plus, we have to question why the Monado even has this limitation in the first place. What I definitely don't think is that it's because Zanza is a super nice guy and didn't want any "humans" to die. Nah, Zanza is a total dick. He might harbour some secret desire for companionship very deep down, but the guy is a total douche who doesn't really give a crap about the life he created. What makes much more sense that he made it so his Monado can't harm him specifically, and the Monado mistakes life from Bionis of sufficient development as part of Zanza himself.

Of course this is all moot as the Monado can be powered up to harm human-like life and the OP never specifies what Monado it is. So I choose the end game Monado III, which I can only presume is more powerful since it overcame Zanza and Mayneth's Monado at once. Of course everyone has their own Monado as it's almost literally the friends we made along the way, being nothing more than the manifestation of self-acutalization of programmes in a computer system modeling its own universe. Man, I fucking love the first Xenoblade game.