I just had a dream about Shanna and Thea. How accurate are their characteristics and personalities in my dream?

During my sleep, one of my slightly weird dream segments is related to Fire Emblem. But sadly for me, instead of dreaming about Jugdral, I am dreaming about being in Elibe instead (not that its a bad thing or anything I just prefer to dream about being in Jugdral alongside Sigurd or even Seliph at the very least) and its during the events of Binding Blade.

I'm a bit too shy to tell you guys about this dream I have since you guys might think I just made it up since it doesn't make any logical sense, but basically in my dreams, after a dream segment where me and my family just won a lot of cash from a MrBeast challenge in the middle of nowhere, my dream suddenly changed the scene to the place where I presume is where Klein and Thea first appeared in the game (I think it is in Chapter 11? I honestly don't remember since it has been a while since I last played the game).

Basically in that dream, I was watching Thea and her younger sister Shanna talking to each other while riding their pegasi in the sky. Just beside me is a guy that looks like that protagonist guy from White House Down (I don't remember that actor's name) and he is also watching the conversation. We basically just watch Shanna trying to convince her sister that they shouldn't fight for what felt like minutes before the two would eventually begin to fight with Thea being the victor as she stabbed Shanna in the chest with her lance before Shanna's body begins to fall from her steed towards the ground.

Meanwhile the guy beside me suddenly began to cry in tears as he laments Shanna's death for a whole minute before he begins to yell in rage towards Thea as he magically unsheathes his sword to go after her while ignoring the fact that Thea is still on the sky riding her pegasus. Then Thea would fly away while the guy is still chasing her and soon the dream changed the scene to where the guy is walking towards a… modern day house in a middle of some grasslands, still having a sword in his right hand, with me just following him towards the house, not knowing how much time has passed since the dream changed the scene.

Once we are inside the house, the guy would go inside the bedroom to see that Thea is lying on the bed and looks a bit too sick for some reason. The guy would then drop his sword and begins to strangle Thea's neck with his bare hands with me suddenly trying to restrain him from killing Thea. He kept shouting insults and threats towards Thea as well as saying that he hates her for killing his lover, which implies that this guy and Shanna are apparently lovers for some reason. Meanwhile Thea would suddenly begin to cry loudly as she talks about how she feel really guilty and sad for killing her younger sister, which suddenly causes the guy to stop trying to strangle her. I don't exactly remember the exact words that she said, but she continues to talk about how she laments killing Shanna before moving on to explain that she is now dying of tuberculosis and that she has been stuck in that bed for quite a long time.

Soon afterwards, Thea would just cough and die immediately, presumably succumbing to her illness. I would then just leave the house before the dream would soon switch to another dream segment.

So putting aside the things in my dream that obviously made no sense, since it is all just a dream and all, can anybody tell me how accurate is the characteristics and personalities of Thea and Shanna in this dream? Sorry for asking this question since I barely really remember the plot of the Binding Blade as well as the personalities of its characters as it has already been  a while since I last played it.

Posted (edited)

I don't think either of Shanna or Thea really get much characterization in Binding Blade? Shanna is clearly the mischievous, bratty sort, while Thea is her foil, being much more serious and reserved. I can easily see Shanna being lovers with someone, as she is quite flirtatious, but I'm not sure she would commit to a battle with her own sister. And Thea, in the game, is actually quite receptive to Shanna, switching sides the moment she talks with her(though not quite willing to fall under Roy's control immediately).

Besides that, the rest of their behavior checks out.

Edited by Revier

The only way I could potentially see Thea killing Shanna is if Klein himself (who Thea has a crush on) commanded her to kill Shanna, but even then Thea would probably be really hesitant or on the fence about it. Without Klein's presence or a really good reason (such as Shanna betraying her family), I doubt Thea would kill Shanna, even if they are mercenaries. I mean, getting Shanna to talk to Thea in FE6 turns Thea and her squad into green units (and it takes around 15-30 seconds of Shanna talking to her), which really doesn't match up with your dream, where they talk for minutes before fighting.

Posted (edited)

If you look at the script of Chapter 11, in the Shanna->Thea Talk conversation before Klein's recruitment, Thea was willing to fight against her own sister in order to uphold the code of the Ilian mercenaries(that being to never betray one's employer), albeit with great reluctance. It also shows that she regrets having to fight Shanna greatly, but is still willing to do so. So it is feasible according to the game's own script for Thea to kill Shanna in battle. In gameplay, she is also capable of killing Shanna as far as I know. It was only after Klein joined the Lycian army that Thea was willing to defect.

So I think the personalities of the two characters in your dream is accurate to how the game's script portrays them.

Source: The Hero of the West/Script - Fire Emblem Wiki

Edited by Cdijk16

2 hours ago, Cdijk16 said:

If you look at the script of Chapter 11, in the Shanna->Thea Talk conversation before Klein's recruitment, Thea was willing to fight against her own sister in order to uphold the code of the Ilian mercenaries(that being to never betray one's employer), albeit with great reluctance. It also shows that she regrets having to fight Shanna greatly, but is still willing to do so. So it is feasible according to the game's own script for Thea to kill Shanna in battle. In gameplay, she is also capable of killing Shanna as far as I know. It was only after Klein joined the Lycian army that Thea was willing to defect.

So I think the personalities of the two characters in your dream is accurate to how the game's script portrays them.

I see… That's… pretty interesting to know. Now I am beginning to wonder what Thea would feel if she actually killed Shanna just before Klein joins Roy's army and Klein informs Thea about it.

6 hours ago, Cdijk16 said:

While that is true, ultimately she chooses not to fight her and instead defects to Roy's side as an ally. I would say her actions speak louder than her words, she is compelled to fight Shanna by duty, but wavers when it comes to actually landing her strike.

33 minutes ago, Revier said:

While that is true, ultimately she chooses not to fight her and instead defects to Roy's side as an ally. I would say her actions speak louder than her words, she is compelled to fight Shanna by duty, but wavers when it comes to actually landing her strike.

She only defected after learning that her immediate superior Klein had defected to Roy's army. Based on what we see in gameplay, if Klein had not been recruited by Roy, she would have continued to fight against Shanna and possibly kill her.

Posted (edited)

That is factually incorrect, Thea defects on Shanna's words even before Klein joins. She only doesn't join Roy's command directly.

Edit: Nevermind, I was wrong. I got it mixed up with the convo that happens after Klein joins. It's been too long.

Edited by Revier