PARAGON EDITOR

Hello, I would like help making some modifications to FIRE EMBLEM PARAGON, I would like to make simple modifications, such as increasing the strength of some weapons in Fire emblem 13 awakening, can anyone explain to me step by step how to use it?

Hey, I've made several mods for Fire Emblem (mainly gender-lock removal), so I have plenty of experience using Paragon and modding 3DSFE. Changing weapon might is super simple, but there's some things you need to do before being able to open game files on Paragon.

Setting up Paragon

1. First you need a romfs dump of your game. You can dump Awakening via Citra or Godmode9 (on hardware). You can follow the instructions here for Godmode9 if you're using hardware. Dumping on Citra is as simple as opening the the game, then right-clicking and selecting "Dump romfs." After you dump your game, you can put it into your computer.
  2. When your romfs dump is in your computer, you can open up Paragon.
  3. Click on "New" on the side to create a new project.
  4. For "Name," you can put anything you want to label your project. For "Language," choose the appropriate language you're using for Awakening. And for "Game," choose the appropriate game (in this case, FE13 is Awakening).
  5. Under "Extracted romfs directory" click on the 3 dots and locate where you put your dumped romfs folder you got from step 1. Paragon needs to use this so that you can view all the in-game files.
  6. Next, the "output directory" is where Paragon will put the edited files. So, anywhere in your computer (I usually just put it in my Documents folder), create a new folder and label it accordingly (and usually I name it the same as the name of the project from steps 3 and 4). Click on the 3 dots, and select the new folder you just created.
  7. Now that you have everything set up, you can open your project.

Editing Weapon Might

1. To edit weapon might, that's located in the items module. When you open up Paragon, you'll see a button that says "Items." Click on that and the items module will open up.
  2. Then just locate whatever weapons you want to edit and just change the might.
  3. Save your edits and close when complete.
  • Note: If you open up anything in Paragon, even if you do not make any edits, it will spit out a new file in the output folder. If you can remember what files are unedited but were opened in Paragon, you can ignore them OR you can just delete them.

Putting them in-game

1. When you're done with the edits, you can put it back into your game. So first, locate your output folder where the edited files are.
    • Note: If you ONLY edited weapon might, that should only be the GameData.bin.lz file, located in the "data" folder.
  2. For the sake of ease (instead of just selecting one specific file), after locating your output folder, select all the folders within the output folder.
  3. Copy and paste the contents in either your 3DS SD card (in your luma/titles/(Awakening game ID/romfs folder) OR if using Citra, your mods folder.
  4. Load the game and check if the edits are working.
  5. And you're done !

Hope this helps ! If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Hi, first of all thanks for answering me. Well, come on, I use Google Translate to talk to you, so any mistakes, I'm sorry. I use the citra emulator, I was able to open paragon, and edit the equipment, I save it, then I get the files and throw them in the mods folder, unfortunately nothing happens.Hi, first of all thanks for answering me. Well, come on, I use Google Translate to talk to you, so any mistakes, I'm sorry.
I use the citra emulator, I was able to open paragon, and edit the equipment, I save it, then I get the files and throw them in the mods folder, unfortunately nothing happens.

Posted (edited)
Hi, first of all thanks for answering me. Well, come on, I use 
Google Translate to talk to you, so any mistakes, I'm sorry.
I use the citra emulator, I was able to open paragon, 
and edit the equipment, I save it,
 then I get the files and throw them in the mods folder, 
unfortunately nothing happens.
Edited by LordDracoDL