New Video Topic

^ Kurth can solo all of 4-E given that he has a little assistance from Ena and a heron.

I have a video coming up of 4-E(5) being beaten on easy mode in 9 attacks, 3 of which are triangle crits. I should be finished tomorrow since I'm celebrating Christmas tonight.

Also, I looked into the 4-5 1 turning strategy possibility. It's actually a lot easier than I expected. You just need to shove 1 archsage a bunch of times, have that person use a long range meteor tome against a laguz adjacent to Izuka then Tibarn can get to Izuka if you give him celerity + pass + the boots and have Reyson vigor him. I could've actually done it except I had celerity on Haar and couldn't alternatively use the rescue staff since I didn't get it, so it'll have to wait until next playthrough unless you want to do it first :)

Edited by Vykan12

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my newest favorite video "FE:RD Sigrun 1RKOes Deghinsea (easy mode)":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hPPTNVyxys

By Vykan, of course.

^ Kurth can solo all of 4-E given that he has a little assistance from Ena and a heron.

I have a video coming up of 4-E(5) being beaten on easy mode in 9 attacks, 3 of which are triangle crits. I should be finished tomorrow since I'm celebrating Christmas tonight.

Also, I looked into the 4-5 1 turning strategy possibility. It's actually a lot easier than I expected. You just need to shove 1 archsage a bunch of times, have that person use a long range meteor tome against a laguz adjacent to Izuka then Tibarn can get to Izuka if you give him celerity + pass + the boots and have Reyson vigor him. I could've actually done it except I had celerity on Haar and couldn't alternatively use the rescue staff since I didn't get it, so it'll have to wait until next playthrough unless you want to do it first :)

That's gonna be one sexy 4-E(5)! :)

At the rate you're moving, it would be impossible for me to catch up to your 4-5 1 turn strat.

o.O? But...doesn't it have 8 auras + Ashera? Does this mean...Ike is one-rounding Ashera?

O.o

leopold, that was an awesome video. Nice strategy.

Vykan, you are a speed demon. You know exactly what you're doing cause it only takes you a second or less to move your guys. Really impressive.

Both of your vids are awesome. I probably couldn't even do half the things you guys have done in your vids. Well, maybe I could but it would take a lot longer and wouldn't be as impressive as your vids are. Keep up those insane videos.

OMG I'm so pissed right now.

I put all this effort to get Ike a double blood tide and a Kurth support so that he can 1RKO Ashera with a brave axe, but it turns out you HAVE TO KILL HER WITH THE RAGNELL TOO. Wtfbsplotcrap. Guess it'll have to be 10 attacks after all :/

Edit: I just worked out an alternative strategy I like better anyway. Heh.

Edited by Vykan12

And here it is.

Chapter 4-E(5) beaten in 10 attacks (easy mode)

I could've maybe had a fourth triangle attack had I given Oscar a brave bow and tweaked my plan a little, but overall I'm pretty happy with this. Certainly made it worth all the suffering of easy mode.

And here's the links to the other stuff I recorded along the way.

reaching both 1-E thieves on turn 2

Nothing too fancy, though I feel I should make more sort of instructional videos like this to help out players. The newest idea I have is how to gain a support level in the least amount of turns. So far, I've gotten as low as 6, but I think it could go much lower.

Calill beat Ludveck in 2 turns

Probably not as exiting as 2 turning the chapter with all treasures acquired but I thought it was worth recording.

Sigrun 1RKOing Deghinsea

The strat can be improved by using the rescue staff but otherwise I'd say it's a pretty optimal approach. I felt like having Sigrun pull off the kill instead of another seraph knight since I consider her the least favorite seraph knight and like giving attention to underdogs.

Edited by Vykan12

OMG I'm so pissed right now.

I put all this effort to get Ike a double blood tide and a Kurth support so that he can 1RKO Ashera with a brave axe, but it turns out you HAVE TO KILL HER WITH THE RAGNELL TOO. Wtfbsplotcrap. Guess it'll have to be 10 attacks after all :/

Edit: I just worked out an alternative strategy I like better anyway. Heh.

That video was freakin awesome, and you still killed her in the minimum attacks possible :)

Wowza, I did some calculations on killing Dheginsea with bronze weapons only, and he can be 1 turned on easy mode! Granted, there's a very complex set of shoves I have to work out so that I can vigor all the necessary units and each attacker needs an attack support and an Ena blood tide, so this will take a LOT of planning.

Anyway, here's the relevant numbers. The first stat is the character's str cap, the second is the combined bonus from the weapon, easy mode and Ena, and the third stat is the support bonus. The damage is calculated by subtracting the atk power by Deghinsea's def of 50 and doubling it.

Boyd 40 + 15 + 3 = 58 (16 damage)

Nolan 40 + 15 + 2 = 57 (14 damage)

Haar 37 + 15 + 2 = 54 (8 damage)

Ike 37 + 15 + 2 = 54 (8 damage)

Gatrie/Tauroneo 37 + 15 + 2 = 54 (8 damage)

So assuming I set up Boyd, Nolan, Haar and Ike getting vigored, that's (16 + 14 + 8 + 8) x 2 = 92 damage and Gatrie's attack finishes the job with the remaining 8 damage required.

Now, I might not be able to do this on my current easy mode file since I need all 5 characters to have a C attack support in 4-E(1) base, otherwise I can't get them an A in time for Dheginsea and those characters may not be heavy enough to additionally execute all the required shoves :/ I'll look into it, though I'm sure leopold would find a way to pull this off on the first turn whereas I'm settling for clearing all the enemy dragons first.

Anyway, here's the relevant numbers. The first stat is the character's str cap, the second is the combined bonus from the weapon, easy mode and Ena, and the third stat is the support bonus. The damage is calculated by subtracting the atk power by Deghinsea's def of 50 and doubling it.

Boyd 40 + 15 + 3 = 58 (16 damage)

Nolan 40 + 15 + 2 = 57 (14 damage)

Haar 37 + 15 + 2 = 54 (8 damage)

Ike 37 + 15 + 2 = 54 (8 damage)

Gatrie/Tauroneo 37 + 15 + 2 = 54 (8 damage)

So assuming I set up Boyd, Nolan, Haar and Ike getting vigored, that's (16 + 14 + 8 + 8) x 2 = 92 damage and Gatrie's attack finishes the job with the remaining 8 damage required.

Haar has a 38 Str cap, which would bring his damage total to 10 per round and 20 with vigor. Your damage total before Gatrie would then be 96, which would allow even Jill to perform the kill.

Jill 35 + 15 + 2 = 52 (7 damage)

I'm not sure what your set up is, but her extra superior movement might make her a better candidate than Gatrie.

I decided to improve my "9 triangle attacks in one turn" video in an attempt to get 11, and after 91 turns and tons of shoving, I've got the set-up figured out. I need to restart the chapter though to give my pegasi pass/celerity/boots, so I made a ~10 second recording that shows my unit's positions so that I won't forget.

http://files.filefront.com/11trianglesetup...;/fileinfo.html

Expect a really epic video in the next few hours :D

Edited by Vykan12

I'm running out of ideas to pursue, so I decided to look more into what can be done with bronze weapon only.

In an entire playthrough, I don't think bronze weapon only makes for very interesting recording material.

-In part 1, the challenge only starts at 1-4 since you can't buy bronze weapons until the base is available. Then you have Sothe who can probably solo most of part 1 with a bronze dagger, and it just gets easier as it goes along. Zihark with the bronze sword would be decent at fighting, probably at worst in 2RKO range of most enemies, Tauroneo can solo all of 1-6 with his raw strength stat alone, and things just get hilarious when you realize you can give the Black Knight a bronze weapon.

-In part 2, I think the challenge can only start in 2-3 but Geoffrey can solo most of the level with a bronze lance, as can Kieran with a bronze axe. As for 2-E, you don't even need to kill a single enemy to beat it, just wait 15 turns and instruct your units properly. A buffed up Haar could 1 turn Ludveck with a bronze axe in any case, he'd probably just need a stun activation.

-In part 3, things start to actually get semi-interesting until you get Gatrie promoted. Then, it's just a matter of manipulating luna activations against bosses and other hard to kill enemies. Plus, people like Haar and Titania probably won't be too deeply affected by using a bronze weapon if they're overlevelled.

-In part 4, now you can have up to 4 marshalls manipulating luna activations, as well as Ike w/ Aether. This makes everything up to 4-E(2) pretty boring.

-Already did Dheginsea bronze only, showing the dragons getting cleared is once again just mastery activation manipulation.

Yeah, so that really just leaves Lehran and auras/Ashera as interesting bronze weapon video material. So I did the calculations for Lehran at least, he can be 2 rounded with bronzes. Boyd does 36 damage optimally (ie Ena + Gareth support) and Rolf does 44 with a triangle crit, which is more than enough to take out Lehran's 50 hp. It would be pretty lame to do a 2 round video unless it's on the first turn, but I'm not sure I can pull it off without the rescue staff seeing as I also need to shove away the spirits and probably won't have enough shovers to get 7+ people up to Lehran.

Oh well, maybe I'll pursue that and 4-E(5) bronze only on another playthrough, and I'll probably start my Lyre solo or take a break from FE10 again, so consider that it for me for a good while unless I have a change of heart.

Edited by Vykan12

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some "new" videos. Well, they're not completely new, but instead, re-recordings of my old videos (pre-DVD recorder), now that I have better equipment :)

Rushing Dheginsea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPZJJxsYcCY

Lehran/Sephiran: From a Distance:

Tibarn vs Ashnard (sorry, not Radiant Dawn, but anyway...):

As usual, I hope you enjoy them. By the way, I just started my next RD playthrough, so I will have new material in time.

I don't have anything new but someone I know from the IGN boards does some pretty crazy things in this game which are worth some attention.

Leanne with all stats maxed except str

Leanne showing up 1st in the unit records. 250 wins 0_o

And some more proof that she actually soloed every chapter with Leanne wherever she was available.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/Kim...rrent=FE003.jpg

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/Kim...rrent=FE004.jpg

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/Kim...ent=FE009-1.jpg

She also claims to have gotten Lethe to lv 40 in 2-2 and seems to like abusing Vika a lot, and claims to have done things like getting Brom to gain a sword rank in 2-1. That is possible in case you're wondering... you just need Brom to disarm an enemy, Heather gets the steal and Brom gets in a couple skirmishes with his new weapon.

Edited by Vykan12

Getting anyone into top 5 like that isn't too hard, you just need to solo the game with a few characters you kill off in the final chapters and feed your herons kills. Pretty easy with something like Elincia mercy + heron w/ daemon card.

The awesome part in these FE videos usually isn't execution, it's the plan behind it that makes it so good (of course, the fact that you do all your videos at lightning speed makes them twice as awesome). Plus, he didn't just do it with one heron, he did it with Lehran, the Herons and Nasir at #1.

Yeah, since Ike has two obligatory defeats (Zelgius and Ashera), that's pretty much the only way. Still, all those levels of BEXP give Ike like +87 stats total, pretty much enough for +10 at least on each of his bases, plus his promo bonus. That's enough to take out the Black Knight with Hammer obviously. Ashera might have been annoying.

I wonder how did he managed to kill ashera, did he bexp'd Ike the whole time being?

Not necessarily. It is very possible to level up characters without getting any kills. For example, I levelled up Ike on 4-1 from 20/20/1 to 20/20/20 without him killing a single character. I gave him Paragon, petrified a Bishop with a Physic staff, had Ike rescue another character, and abused the Bishop from 2 range. This way, he was able to cap every single stat. Of course, it takes quite a while, but methods like this allow you to build up a beastly army.

Speaking of which, I just finished 1-4 earlier today and have Micaiah at 20, Sothe at 20/9, Edward at 20/7, Leonardo at 20/7, Nolan at 20/11, Laura at 14, and Ilyana at 20/1. I also remember reading that some person even got some characters to 3rd tier on 1-4.

The awesome part in these FE videos usually isn't execution, it's the plan behind it that makes it so good. Plus, he didn't just do it with one heron, he did it with Lehran, the Herons and Nasir at #1.

Most watchers don't even understand what's going on half the time. There's a ton you "you hacked" comments on Rsteube's vid.

She also claims to have gotten Lethe to lv 40 in 2-2 and seems to like abusing Vika a lot, and claims to have done things like getting Brom to gain a sword rank in 2-1. That is possible in case you're wondering... you just need Brom to disarm an enemy, Heather gets the steal and Brom gets in a couple skirmishes with his new weapon.

Vika's growth rates are insane. I think I'll try abusing her on my current PT.