Mages - Invites Mekkah

Best mage(invites all debators, and Mekkah)  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best? Debate & Vote!

• Lugh
    • Lilina
    • Hugh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joining situations:

Lugh joins in Ch3, but he can't do shit there, so he's likely to enter Ch4 at base level. Gets 2HKOed by anything that doesn't OHKO him, does a maximum of about 6-8 damage to things with 30 HP if not more, etc. So he basically sucks.

Exactly. HE CAN'T DAMAGE. He will be a huge problem to train in the HM. In Chapter 5 he will easily get pwned by the Fighters getting doubled. I actually let him die in that Chapter because he ALWAYS dies by theose Hand Axe Fighters. He always gets doubled and that he isn't a good canidate to use in boss battles like Lilina is.

Every time I've played Lillina has had 19~21 speed is that bad?

Yeah. That is just about her average stats in speed.

Sounds like you go lucky. Lilina's base speed is bad for her join time and he speed growth is below average.

At LV 20/20 20.3 to be exact.

-----

I would say that Lilina is the best.

-Can heal to full with just a Heal staff upon class change.

-Becomes a boss slayer when being promoted.

-Great to use on enemy phase upon class change. The Youtube video that I have showed on FEP proved it. Sure it was NM, but it is the same in the HM.

-Upon growing her staff level to B, she can Berserk, Silence, and Sleep any foe because of her capped magic, and across the entire screen too.

-She can heal to full with a Physic Staff.

-Lilina should have Fire and Aircalibur until she grows enough speed.

I voted for Lilina of course.

Lugh can't damage..

Lilina is just right...

Hugh puts your funds rank at risk, and that he is just an Average unit anyway. Though I will admit that he actually does pretty good in the Sacae route.

Ayanami here again, ready to rehash old "arguments" with no stats to back it up, and ready to ignore every single rebuke of them. Note how she quoted only the part that made Lugh look worse and ignored the entire rest of my analysis.

Every single bit of Ayanami's stuff about Lilina comes from raising her to L20 before Ch13 begins. For those who don't get how much babying that is, Lilina joins halfway through Ch8 at L1. Assuming we drag her frail ass into 8x and 12x, that means 19 levels in ~6 chapters. More than three levels _every single map_, for a unit that dies in one hit to everything and does not double. If you need more evidence that bias is involved, she mentions higher-up staves every time (B-rank at that), but Lilina has an E in staves to start with. So apparently Lilina is going to staffwhore on every single wound or something.

That kind of treatment makes Ward look like a God tier.

How is that bad? She be became one of my best units.

Because it's massive favortism, which hinders your progress and doesn't allow other units experience. It also means _nothing_ in a debate.

You can make literally any unit "one of your best" if you give them 6.5 levels per chapter (note that such leveling gets, say, Lance at 20/0 at Ch5, taking enemy numbers into account). If you're going to compare Lilina to others in that way, you must compare everyone to each other with this amount of beneficial treatment.

So now, when Lilina joins, she is competing against:

20/0 Alan

20/0 Lance

20/0 Roy

20/10 Marcus

20/0 Ward

20/0 Lot

20/0 Lugh

etc

So Lilina will still be worse off here. And what's even worse, these people can promote now, while Lilina cannot yet, and these people also won't be leaving any non-boss enemy alive for Lilina since they one round everything.

Of course, the above would be nonsensical. The obvious solution is that we _don't_ give this one character we're fanboying all the EXP, shielding and free kills we have. In which case Lilina is dead weight for pretty much all game long.

Lilina's role in the story really doesn't warrant making her a lord. She does little more than act as one of Roy's love interests. Lilina is more or less Roy's answer to Sheeda. Even if she was a lord, she wouldn't have been the first to use magic.

I got an A in expreiance so it didn't affect me like that at all.

That doesn't mean anything at all. You fed your experience to Lilina, who was underleveled, so you're obviously not hurting your experience RANK.

You're just not giving any experience to units who, you know, don't blow (in more than one way. Roy, you sly dog.) Also, see Mekkah's post.

Ok, that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You arena abused everyone to level 20, and then you say that Lilina was the one to help your experience rank?

Why are you even in this thread?

You arena abused everyone to level 20, and then you say that Lilina was the one to help your experience rank?

I never said she saved the ranking. I just mentioned it because you said that I was depriving other units of EXP.

I never said she saved the ranking. I just mentioned it because you said that I was depriving other units of EXP.

Then I should mention that you shouldn't be saying that at all because once you arena abused them, your entire point (what little there was) was moot.

Then I should mention that you shouldn't be saying that at all because once you arena abused them, your entire point (what little there was) was moot.

Are you saying that arena abusing is why I got the ranking?

I don't really understand what you were saying in your last post.

Are you saying that arena abusing is why I got the ranking?

I don't really understand what you were saying in your last post.

Arena abuse shouldn't be taken into account when debating characters. Ever.

Also, you gain experience from Arena Abuse. That's why you were able to get an A in Exp.

I promoted Lillina without the arena. I'm not arguing she was good because she was arena abused.

I know. You did say, however, that because _you_ arena abused other units, which shouldn't count in the first place, your Exp. rank didn't suffer. Exp. Rank is irrelevant at the moment, anyway.

I know. You did say, however, that because _you_ arena abused other units, which shouldn't count in the first place, your Exp. rank didn't suffer. Exp. Rank is irrelevant at the moment, anyway.

I leveled up lillina so much because it was the only way to gain decent EXP. Again I mentioned the rank just because ypu said I was depriving other units of EXP.

I leveled up lillina so much because it was the only way to gain decent EXP. Again I mentioned the rank just because ypu said I was depriving other units of EXP.

But then you said you arena abused. Then, your point doesn't matter at all. I meant on a regular playthrough.

But then you said you arena abused. Then, your point doesn't matter at all. I meant on a regular playthrough.

Lillina was never arena abused so how does the fact that I mentioned that I arena abused matter.

Lillina was never arena abused so how does the fact that I mentioned that I arena abused matter.

Because you were talking about how I said that babying a unit deprives other better units of experience. You tried to counter by saying that the other units were arean abused so they didn't lose experience, which doesn't matter at all, because it's Arena Abuse.