Weapon lvl up

Blaze340

I always wonder what were they based off of. Is it based of the weapon lvl they are using, it's weight, how many times have you used a certain weapon, or the amount of damage a weapon deals out?

Each weapon has a seperate WEx figure that decides how much weapon experience it adds to that particular weapon each time its used and when a weapon level bar tops off it upgrades to the next. The WEx figures are shown on the Serenes site. The higher the WEx value of a weapon, the quicker it will cause the level to rise.

If you were only using the Wind spell, that might be part of the reason. Wind only gives 1 WEXP per use. If you were using something higher-up for Ilyana, say even an Elthunder tome, then it only makes sense that she'd gain more WEXP because the tome gives more per use. (Elthunder gives 2 WEXP per use, for instance.)

Also, considering the fact that Soren generally has an huge Magic stat, it's also entirely possible that he takes enemies down in 1 hit with Wind, while it might take Ilyana two hits to kill something with the spell she was using. This could also have contributed to the lack of a high Wind rank.

Something's still off. According to the site, it takes 40 WEXP to go from D to C. Those 40 should have come from 40 uses of Wind, plus if he got to another Wind or used Elwind it should have got him past that point. He also said he's had Soren as a level 20 Sage with "D" in all weapon levels. That's impossible, unless he never used him in battle and got him there purely by BEXP, which I highly doubt.

Sorry, BlueRose, but it seems like you definitely have some kind of bug.

How come this game doesn't show you how close a weapon is to leveling up like in the other games? It's really hard to tell how many more times you have to use a certain weapon before you can use stronger ones.

I'd forgotten that feature was in other games. It sucks to know what you're missing. :(

Thank you everyone for answering me ! :)

If you were only using the Wind spell, that might be part of the reason. Wind only gives 1 WEXP per use. If you were using something higher-up for Ilyana, say even an Elthunder tome, then it only makes sense that she'd gain more WEXP because the tome gives more per use. (Elthunder gives 2 WEXP per use, for instance.)

But I use him ALL the time ! He finishes 3rd in my unit record ! But sometimes I let him using Elwind when I can buy it ...

He also said he's had Soren as a level 20 Sage with "D" in all weapon levels. That's impossible, unless he never used him in battle and got him there purely by BEXP, which I highly doubt.

Sorry, BlueRose, but it seems like you definitely have some kind of bug.

Actually my Bexp go to Mist,Rhys, Lay and eventually Ike (which I do RNG abuse) only.

Well bug on Soren only ...I have predicted it ....Oh well thank you again ! ^^ I am going to use Arms Scrolls on him so !

P.S: I am a girl XD

hello ! Someone help me,please !

Soren never levels up his weapon level !! I made him using "Wind" very much ( He came in chap4, It broke to end at chapter 6) I tried to make him solo with Ike a chapter with all tome "Wind", the Wexp still no grow D= !! In my previous playthrough, he was a Sage lvl20 with D everywhere ! It only happens to Soren ! Even Ilyana Wexp grew faster !

Not a bug please !!

Edited by BlueRose95

Soren never levels up his weapon level !! I made him using "Wind" very much ( He came in chap4, It broke to end at chapter 6) I tried to make him solo with Ike a chapter with all tome "Wind", the Wexp still no grow D= !! In my previous playthrough, he was a Sage lvl20 with D everywhere ! It only happens to Soren ! Even Ilyana Wexp grew faster !

Not a bug please !!

In FE9, unlike other FEs, weapon experience earned isn't doubled when you kill an enemy. This is why it's so hard to gain WEXP in FE9. Mages get this the worst because they have three weapons to level up and most other units have only one. Rhys is fine though because staves and light magic are in the same category.

What FE really needs is to show your WEXP going up after every battle like the EXP bar and show how much WEXP a weapon gives on its menu when you check its stats.

Not a bug please !!

That's odd I don't no the game's coding but the only explination I can think of is it's a bug.

Not a bug please !!

Also, considering the fact that Soren generally has an huge Magic stat, it's also entirely possible that he takes enemies down in 1 hit with Wind, while it might take Ilyana two hits to kill something with the spell she was using. This could also have contributed to the lack of a high Wind rank.

Thank you everyone for answering me ! :)

But I use him ALL the time ! He finishes 3rd in my unit record ! But sometimes I let him using Elwind when I can buy it ...

Actually my Bexp go to Mist,Rhys, Lay and eventually Ike (which I do RNG abuse) only.

Well bug on Soren only ...I have predicted it ....Oh well thank you again ! ^^ I am going to use Arms Scrolls on him so !

P.S: I am a girl XD

Sorry to hear about the bug, miss BlueRose. Using Soren that much, he'd have to get better weapon levels. Do his Fire, Thunder, and Staff levels at least go up normally?

Good luck with the Arms Scroll.