Spore

Zephrion

Please tell me I'm not the only one hyped for this.

According to this Spore website, a full version of the Creature Creator (not the actual game, mind you) is being released for $9.99 on June 17th. Released alongside it is a demo that contains 1/4 of the Creature parts. This supposed comes with the ability to share creations with friends, and a method for uploading directly to Youtube.

Creature Creator Demo here.

Platforms: PC, MAC, DS, WII (The Wii version is expected to be released sometime later)

Official Release Date: September 7th, 2008

I was interested years ago when it was announced. Now, it's been off the radar for awhile. I might pick it up randomly :/

I wouldn't trust the console versions. Wright's creations tend to be raped on them--just look at how The Sims has gone: from almost better than the PC version to a 3rd-Person Adventure clone.

Is that the Spore release date or the Creature Creator release date?

Anyway, I've heard about this game but I don't know much about it. It seems very interesting though.

The Creature Creator release date is June 17th.

The actual game's release date is September 7th. I'm wondering if there will be some sort of discount for those who bought the CC beforehand...

I was interested years ago when it was announced. Now, it's been off the radar for awhile. I might pick it up randomly :/

I wouldn't trust the console versions. Wright's creations tend to be raped on them--just look at how The Sims has gone: from almost better than the PC version to a 3rd-Person Adventure clone.

So long as he just makes the same exact game, but with Wii controls, it shouldn't be too bad... As boring as that sounds.

The official release date (not including the Wee Wee, although hopefully it'll be released simultaneously with the others) is the day before my birthday. I've been looking forward to creating the weirdest thing I possibly can.

A friend of mine walks up to me every day and demands of me to tell him the date the CC is released, so I don't forget. It's rather funny actually... And I'll try and update my first post every time new information surfaces.

is this the one where you play as parasitical bugs? It looks interesting.

Sort of. You start out as an ameoba, "eating" other small organisms to grow. Eventually, you grow legs and explore the land, form tribes and enhance your civilization. All of this leads to your creature eventually going into space and exploring other planets for similar life.

• 1 month later...