Strange FE Facts

thanibomb

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it does but FE8's looks the least like the other two I think.

I can't say, really. Haven't seen Chapter 24x in Shadow Dragon.

FE6:

Chapter16x-ThePinnacleofLight.png

FE8:

valni_8.png

FE8's is smaller, but they follow a VERY similar structure. However, FE8's seems to promote rushing to the top, as seen due to the extra staircases.

I thought the maps were identical.

Or is it the terrain and weather that changes?

No they almost identical, but there are some minor differences mostly in the area where your units begin. Still it is supposed to be similar because it is the same place after all.

I can't say, really. Haven't seen Chapter 24x in Shadow Dragon.

FE6:

Chapter16x-ThePinnacleofLight.png

FE8:

valni_8.png

FE8's is smaller, but they follow a VERY similar structure. However, FE8's seems to promote rushing to the top, as seen due to the extra staircases.

I meant in the top left and right corners of the screen there are two sections of ground that aren't in FE8.

No they almost identical, but there are some minor differences mostly in the area where your units begin. Still it is supposed to be similar because it is the same place after all.

FE6 and 7 have a lot of similar maps though. FE3 does the same thing between Book 1 and 2 with similar maps.

In any case...

FE6 Maps

Chapter 4:

Chapter4-CollapseoftheAlliance.png

Chapter 12x:

Chapter12x-TheAxeofLightning.png

Chapter 21:

Chapter21-TheSwordofSeals.png

FE7 Maps

Chapter 14 (Eliwood)

ch14_e_n.gif

Chapter 30 (Hector)

ch30_h_n.gif

Chapter 27 (Eliwood)

ch27_e_n.gif

There might be more, but those are a few examples of similarities (Or in one case, an almost direct rip).

FE6 and 7 take part in the same world, and some battles happen in the same place. Perfectly acceptable.

FE8 is just shamelessness, though. I did notice some familiar map designs when I was playing it.

FE6 and 7 take part in the same world, and some battles happen in the same place. Perfectly acceptable.

Actually, IIRC FE4 had almost all of the maps start from the last castle that the player conquered in the previous chapter. I actually think that it's quite possible to create a world map with only the battle maps that the game uses...

Edited by Karlheinz Stockhausen

I actually think that it's quite possible to create a world map with only the battle maps that the game uses...

Someone actually tried doing that. The results were less than pretty, but not too bad for a bunch of game maps pasted together.