40GB PS3 play PS2 games?

Doom103

I hear there is a software in the PS store that lets you play PS2 games.

Is this true?

I downloaded said softwear, but I have no PS2 games so I can't test it XD

If this works I plan to but MVC2 and 3rd strike ^_^

Try it instead of asking others dammit. Just rent a game and try it out. If it does end up working though I'll just hurry and recommend the .Hack games.

Yeah that is what I heard. 40GB and 60GB PS3 don't have the requirements to play PS2 games. There is a new PS3 model I believe that is 120GB...I heard you can play PS2 games on that.

Though this information is purely based on memory. I may need to check.

As far as I can see, the last mention of the possibility of a 120GB PS3 was back in January/February of last year. I do believe that the 160GB was what was eventually released, not a 120GB model. Also, given the fact that Sony removed the components that could run or emulate PS2 games in order to start turning profits, I doubt they'd put them back in just so people can play PS2 games (and would end up losing more money in the process).

The software you downloaded is likely the update which enables PlayStation 2 games to recognize the PlayStation 3's hard drive. It allows for compatibility with games such as Final Fantasy XI, but only if your PlayStation 3 already supports PlayStation 2 titles. Assuming you downloaded what I think you downloaded, the update won't be of any benefit to you because you have a 40gb model.

Edited by Wist

The software you downloaded is likely the update which enables PlayStation 2 games to recognize the PlayStation 3's hard drive. It allows for compatibility with games such as Final Fantasy XI, but only if your PlayStation 3 already supports PlayStation 2 titles. Assuming you downloaded what I think you downloaded, the update won't be of any benefit to you because you have a 40gb model.

**Kills self

I wanna play MVC2!!!!!!