Castlevania

Tingle

Which games do you have? Which one is your favorite that you've played? And if you say SOTN, we all know why it's so freaking awesome, so don't go overboard in explaining why. :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played:

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania N64

Thats all really :(

I am looking forward to playing Castevania Judgement and Castlevania Order of Ecceslia.

Edited by Judge Judy

I have played:

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania N64

Thats all really :(

I am looking forward to playing Castevania Judgement and Castlevania Order of Ecceslia.

Once you get Ecclesia, you will hate Portrait. It's that much better. And I really want to get Dawn of Sorrow, because I've beaten Aria of Sorrow, the prelude to it, and I want to know what happens in the game. :P

I have:

Castlevania (the original)

Circle of the Moon

Harmony of Dissonance

Aria of Sorrow

Portrait of Ruin

Order of Ecclesia

Once you get Ecclesia, you will hate Portrait.

Circle of the Moon

I really liked Portrait of Ruin ;_;

I will be getting Circle of the Moon next. Just got it pre-ordered. I am trying to play all the castlevania games.

I have played and finished

Super Castlevania IV

Symphony of the Night

Circle of the Moon

Aria of Sorrow

Dawn of Sorrow

Portrait of Ruin

Order of Ecclesia

acqually they are all pretty good, on top of them obviously sotn, cotm is really really _really_ boring sometimes, tough (guess what, the waterway)

I also played Harmony of Dissonance, but I didn't liked it much

Once you get Ecclesia, you will hate Portrait.
they are totally different imho, even for the character design and I suppose the anime style perfectly fits for PoR

Judgement look pretty bad, meh, how many things could have been improven...

Edited by SAMUS TUTA ZERO D'ACCIAIO

Judgement look pretty bad, meh, how many things could have been improven...

Meh...agreed. I think they could have done a lot better. I am not fond with the character design especially Death. They should have put a hooded cloak on him.

You'll only think Portrait of Ruin is good if you haven't played the games that came before (minus DoS).

Anyway, I've played and beaten every game in the series (with the exception of Order of Shadows and the two newest games). Really awesome series. My favourites are SotN (exploration style) and Chronicles (Classicvania). I own a whole bunch of the games that I don't feel like listing. And...I feel like closing with:

SIMON BELMONT FOREVER

I dunno why, but everyone I've talked to started hating on Portrait once Ecclesia was released.

And my favorite of all the Castlevania games I've played has to be Aria of Sorrow. It was the first one I played, and it's still one of my favorites. I have a 100% map, all the souls, and all the items. I also maxed out my money. :P

Meh...agreed. I think they could have done a lot better. I am not fond with the character design especially Death. They should have put a hooded cloak on him.

oh well character design by obata for me has really been a pain, everything is a mix like mmm Near's hair + Mello's face + overlay Light's hair; plus, the game itself lacks of characters, Judgement really has a number of characters comparable with Smash Bros. 64, nonetheless several worthy characters are missing like Richter and uhm Soma, which is not that relevant but if they found room for original characters (read Aeon)... and eeew Alucard and Death are really... x_x

You'll only think Portrait of Ruin is good if you haven't played the games that came before (minus DoS).
Well, I found it pretty good despite being used to SCIV, AoS, CotM and SotN, let's say it is quite different, still, lot's of people don't like OoE for the massive consumption of MP and the whole idea of glyphs (I'm not among these) Edited by SAMUS TUTA ZERO D'ACCIAIO

oh well character design by obata for me has really been a pain, everything is a mix like mmm Near's hair + Mello's face + overlay Light's hair; plus, the game itself lacks of characters, Judgement really has a number of characters comparable with Smash Bros. 64, nonetheless several worthy characters are missing like Richter and uhm Soma, which is not that relevant but if they found room for original characters (read Aeon)... and eeew Alucard and Death are really... x_x

They probably could have kept a few characters closer to their looks in their other games, but some of the character designs aren't too bad.

Edited by Tingle

I think Judgment has an excellent cast. You have the most iconic character, Simon, Densetsu's cast, two main antagonists...they managed to make the cast really colourful and give it a lot of variety while keeping it simple. I really respect and appreciate that in a fighting game. I'm also really hyped for Judgment.

The only thing I hate about it is that...it's supposed to be a fanservice game but the designs kinda ruin that (except for a few of them which are actually good). :( But other than that, it seems like a fine and balanced game.

I dunno why, but everyone I've talked to started hating on Portrait once Ecclesia was released.

Probably I may dislike Portrait of Ruin once Eccelsia is released. I like Dawn of Sorrow much better.

I wanted to see Stella and Loretta in Castlevania Judgement. It would have been awesome.

Edited by Judge Judy

They probably could have kept a few characters closer to their looks in their other games, but some of the character designs aren't too bad.

To me Simon and Trevor looks pretty good but hell, you can say Maria is a whole Misa cameo in the game

not to mention, however, the deepness of the speechs, let's pick has a symbol Misa Maria and her eternal quest for

boobs

I think Judgment has an excellent cast. You have the most iconic character, Simon, Densetsu's cast, two main antagonists...they managed to make the cast really colourful and give it a lot of variety while keeping it simple. I really respect and appreciate that in a fighting game. I'm also really hyped for Judgment.

The only thing I hate about it is that...it's supposed to be a fanservice game but the designs kinda ruin that (except for a few of them which are actually good). :( But other than that, it seems like a fine and balanced game.

Well, some of the character's bug me, like how Carmilla is just an Ivy ripoff. She doesn't really have much of an... outfit when you see her in the other games she's in, but they could have tried to make her more original. And Judgement isn't very balanced, as some characters are way better than others. But I still wanna get it.

Well, some of the character's bug me, like how Carmilla is just an Ivy ripoff.

I hate Carmilla design. Mainly because she has huge oversize boobs. Its disgusting, it looks like someone filled her breasts with seven jugs of water. T_T

I hate Carmilla design. Mainly because she has huge oversize boobs. Its disgusting, it looks like someone filled her breasts with seven jugs of water. T_T

Well, it's either that, or being completely naked while riding a floating skull. Take your pick. :P

And Judgement isn't very balanced, as some characters are way better than others.
well the characters could be tiered like in most of the beat em up games, there are the classic characters cliché like the 0 speed and 100 powah (Golem) the over 9.000.000 thousand speed and minor damage (Grant) guess who is better, plus the ultimate moves, or whatever they are called look really gamebreaking with really long animations x_x

not the sort of game I'd pay at full price, indeed

Obata should have read in the myths that Carmilla actually was a lesbian deamon and filled her with his perverse imagination, rotfl Edited by SAMUS TUTA ZERO D'ACCIAIO

Well, some of the character's bug me, like how Carmilla is just an Ivy ripoff. She doesn't really have much of an... outfit when you see her in the other games she's in, but they could have tried to make her more original. And Judgement isn't very balanced, as some characters are way better than others. But I still wanna get it.

Well, yeah. There always will be those few characters that kick ass no matter what. But from what I've heard, the whole cast is pretty usable in every battle (unless you're up against Aeon or Shanoa who seem to be really broken).

And yeah, a lot of the designs are pretty bad. The ones I particularly like are Simon, Trevor, Sypha, Cornell, Aeon, Shanoa and Dracula. The rest are meh to horrible. Most of them being horrible.

The one thing I can't understand is how they decided to turn Eric into an obnoxious kid. It's really annoying.

I mentioned a bit of this already in another thread, but I keep thinking that Judgment is a gateway game for a possible Castlevania subseries. Since part of the game is the fanservice, I'm assuming that Konami didn't want to be overly ambitious with the cast. They wanted a variety of characters from different points in the series, with a potentially varied amount of fighting styles, (spearfighter Eric Lecarde, knife-thrower Grant Danasty, and wolfman Cornell, to name a few) without having to succumb to the pressure of appealing to the entire fanbase by adding every character at once.

Yes, I will admit that it could've been better, but I'm not disappointed. I initially wanted to get the game as an "I don't care what you think", as several members on a board I frequent dismissed it for not being Castleroid genre, but as the updates went and characters were revealed, I was hooked. Especially when I found out that Cornell was gonna be playable. The character designs? The only one that caught me off guard was Grant's (It's like a worksafe Voldo), but his character quickly made up for it. Currently, my favorite characters to play as are Cornell, Grant, and Golem.

As for the rest of the series, here's what I've played.

Circle of the Moon

Portrait of Ruin

Legacy of Darkness

Order of Ecclesia

Judgment

I'm still relatively new to the series, mostly, but it's grown on me over the past few years.

Edited by The Blind Archer

Well, it's either that, or being completely naked while riding a floating skull. Take your pick. :P

Ah...it would have been interesting if they allowed Carmilla to transform into that thing you describe.

The ones I particularly like are Simon, Trevor, Sypha, Cornell, Aeon, Shanoa and Dracula.

I think Dracula design is kinda odd. He is just standing there like a huge oak tree. Doesn't seem too realistic for a fighting game.

Edited by Judge Judy

Or how she looked like in CotM. :o Something like that would've been tons better, imo.

I think Dracula design is kinda odd. He is just standing there like a huge oak tree. Doesn't seem too realistic for a fighting game.

He always stands like a huge oak tree. I don't see what's wrong. :P

Or how she looked like in CotM. ohmy.gif Something like that would've been tons better, imo.
in CotM she is a naked woman riding a giant skull, indeed, when she fights you, even if you can't tell exactly where the skull ends and the body begins

I totally forgot who Cornell is, duh *checks* indeed I never saw him before, who is this guy?

in CotM she is a naked woman riding a giant skull, indeed, when she fights you, even if you can't tell exactly where the skull ends and the body begins

I totally forgot who Cornell is, duh *checks* indeed I never saw him before, who is this guy?

He is some wolf guy. I think he is a character from Castlevania Legacy of Darkness.