Full Metal Alchemist

HowAreYaBud

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the anime was better than ok. It wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't spectaculer either. I'd still recommend watching it, though

The anime was quite terrific.

The manga, however, is better still. Nearly every character --perhaps barring Lust-- is more developed and badass than their anime counterpart, not to mention that the manga-only characters are far more awesome than any of the anime-only characters.

I implore anyone that liked the anime to read the manga, because they both go in totally different directions eventually.

not to mention that the manga-only characters are far more awesome than any of the anime-only characters.

For some reason I'm fond of

Cyborg Archer

and the 5 minutes of air time it had though yeah it doesn't hold up to any of the ones in the manga.

As for me read manga, watched the dub of the anime, mehed my way through the movie and stopped reading the manga at chapter...72, that was what? 18 months ago? I'll be sure to pick up the manga as soon as it finishes (its been so long now I might as well wait) and will be watching the new anime series for sure.

I hear they are making new episodes and they're are supposed to be like the manga. Is this true?

They are making a new series, but I haven't seen anything confirming for sure that it's going to be more closely based on the manga. It's been widely speculated that's what it is though, and it makes sense.

Like most of the people here, I found the anime rather ok, but the manga is leagues better. And it contains awesome characters the anime doesn't have (since they weren't introduced in the manga at the time the anime was created) such as Lin, Ran Fan and May Chang. :P