H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being a staffer and all, she's going to level up at a pretty steady pace, and then you also have to factor in that Matthis is probably waiting until C14 or 16 to promote, meaning Linde's not gonna promote that much later than him, meaning Matthis doesn't get that huge a level lead.

Nevermind, Linda joins on Ch. 11, not 12.

EDIT: I'm assuming Matthis is waiting until Ch. 14/16 due to coming a bit underleveled, not because of competition over seals. Despite that, I think everyone successfully made a case for Linde.

Edited by Samuto

Sniper!Arran can nearly double if he gets a level but I wouldn't say Thief utility > Arran is easy when you're ORKOed very often.

EDIT: Wow Arran does suck though. Paladin probably isn't even that effective. Nevermind, I don't even want to try to defend Arran here.

Edited by Colonel M

I guess. I decided that going armor is like being able to go Curate for the other class set. It can make anyone useful and both crappy and awesome units can do it.

Bord has a good Attack Base as Armor at least.

I don't really agree. Curate gets you easy levels; AK does not. AKs are doubled forever by anything, so units without good base defense growths, HP growths, and bases in those respective stats don't really see an easy time.

I was thinking about pitting Bord a bit higher, but he'd probably be doomed to AK -> General. For Castor, the Hunter -> General seems to be the safest route, if only because it prevents Castor from suffering from Darros-syndrome earlygame and the Bow rank helps a bit.

Castor SHOULD be over 20/1 by the time Braves are around though, and his Def stat on top of growth isn't bad. His Spd puts him in a bad rut of being quadrupled, but his Def and HP accomodate it slightly.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean Darros-syndrome is being doubled as an Armor Knight. I clearly know Castor is going without an Enemy Phase.

EDIT2: Hunter -> AK Bord. Seems... alright.

Edited by Colonel M

Why is Roger above Draug? Both of them have rather crappy earlygames with disappointing base strength and being locked to iron weapons, but Draug's around for longer. He has Cord-like growths (i.e. strength and speed in correct amounts) whereas Roger's 12 AS with 20% speed growth likely has him short on doubling. For example, enemy cavs and archers like to have around 10 AS in the few chapters after Roger joins, and he needs like 10 levels on average to double those, whereas Draug needs about 8 levels on average.

Maybe later on when Roger promotes and his strength growth starts to outstrip whatever lead Draug had will he win in offense, but at that point both of them should be doing incredible damage anyway.

Both of them have rather crappy earlygames with disappointing base strength and being locked to iron weapons, but Draug's around for longer.
You're speaking my language. I honestly don't know how Roger ended up above Draug, but I'll go ahead and drop Roger until somebody proves otherwise. Edited by Samuto

Just went over the list. i think Boah should be higher than Wendell. Reclassed as a Sage, boah is bettter and reclass Wendell as a Bishop and boah is still better. the only noticeable difference is in the speed groowth-rate in favor of Wendell, who I've found to be faster..

Right.

Anyways, Roger and Draug. Roger has 12 AS at base, with a 35% growth there, not 20%. It's perfectly fine to be an archer in this game, especially since Roger can differentiate himself from other archers with a nail biting strength growth.

However, I'd give Draug the advantage anyways due to time giving him the upper hand, especially in Roger's joining chapter (Pirates go off to the ocean to slay the boss...You have no idea how fun this is. Entire reason it's my favorite chapter).

Right.

Anyways, Roger and Draug. Roger has 12 AS at base, with a 35% growth there, not 20%. It's perfectly fine to be an archer in this game, especially since Roger can differentiate himself from other archers with a nail biting strength growth.

However, I'd give Draug the advantage anyways due to time giving him the upper hand, especially in Roger's joining chapter (Pirates go off to the ocean to slay the boss...You have no idea how fun this is. Entire reason it's my favorite chapter).

Seems slow. Draug would rather fight some Horseman for some good EXP as opposed to wasting his time walking up to that noob AK and missing some action =\

Wendell has a base stat lead, incredible join time lead, incredible tome level lead (instant Excalibur), and thinks to coming so early, his high speed actually matters (won't get doubled until the late game).

Boah has... One more Magic base and what Wendell's staff level will (or will be close to) by this time. His staff level is what makes Boah what he is, but by no means is he beating Wendell.

Join time is the biggest factor here as to Doga being higher, but a lot of Roger's strengths seem to help make him a decent unit regardless.

Roger goes fighter unless you want to deny him an enemy phase, in which case Draug clearly wins. Roger's base AS as hunter is also 11, not 12.

Don't try to throw in bullshit by quoting Reikken either.

Edited by dondon151