Is this a glitch?

luigi bros

Lakche had 17 HP and her max HP is 41; she attacked an enemy with 3 HP left and activated Solar sword. In the battle screen she recovered 3 HP but when it went back to the map she had 41 HP.

Is this a glitch or is that the true effect of solar sword?

maybe you misread it or whatnot. Oh well, you dont have to bother with healing her then.

Yeah but I wanted to train Julia

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch, or just a rare effect from the Skill

o.0

But it's happened twice.

It's a ROM so does that mean the ROM is faulty?

Maybe it's a glitch of the game itself, not just the ROM.

Edited by Skasha

Maybe it's a glitch of the game itself, not just the ROM.

Has it ever happened to you?

The emulator says nothing unusual before I patch the ROM but after it says stuff like bad ROM and NTC failed.

Has it ever happened to you?

The emulator says nothing unusual before I patch the ROM but after it says stuff like bad ROM and NTC failed.

In the older, non complete patch, never.

I can barely use the patch that this forum has linked. u.u

1-2 staff uses is not going to make much of a difference, hate to say.

I know but every bit helps.

I really don't know. It just does not play for me.

Actually that happens to me too kind of.

What happens is whenever I patch it on my desktop computer it doesn't work but if I use the patch from this website (same one as before) on a ROM from the same website and put it on a memory stick on my laptop it will work on the desktop computer.

Edited by luigi bros

Chances are it would say the same thing for just about any patched ROM. =\

I think it says that because of the patch.

That's probably it but what I don't understand is why it says that if the ROM isn't bad at all. Also does anyone know what NTC means?

Edited by luigi bros

That's probably it but what I don't understand is why it says that if the ROM isn't bad at all. Also does anyone know what NTC means?

Well, the patch actually alters the game, thus leaving the impression of a "bad"(altered) ROM.

On the SNES, Checksums are basically there to verify a good ROM dump of a commercially licensed product - a dump with a bad checksum is likely to be corrupt. Also, a commercial game should logically have the same checksum on every cartridge - Every FE4 cart is the same, right?

For a ROM patch, you generally check the checksum of your ROM to help verify that the ROM you have is a good dump - for a game like FE4 there should be a database with info on what the good dump's checksum is, in particular.

Now, after you patch the ROM, your ROM will likely no longer have a good checksum - this is because most ROM hacks don't bother hacking the checksum as it's not that important past making sure the ROM you originally patched over is good. Checksums are only checked on the BS-X BIOs - which I doubt most of you care about. Otherwise anything's fair game.