Reinforcements in 12x

Drayano

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just use up two more Warp staves and block the upper two exits. The third exit is close so a fast unit like Ronan could get there easily.You won't need Sleep Staff and you'll still get Trude and a big bunch of Slim Swords and Chest Keys.

Meh, wasn't there a map that you could buy them?

Just arena abuse your way to hell and buy.

I would highly advise to equip at least one scroll in the arena to neglect critical hits. They are nothing but deathtraps without it.

Okay, I just did 12x again now.

It turns out they DO appear from the south-eastern side of the map if you recruit Pahn, but you cannot kill the dancer that is right next to Pahn or any of the dancers that escape the map.

Either way, it is possible to get Trude, all of the treasure, a Warp staff and a Knight Proof with a simple Warp and Sleep staff strategy.

Much easier than the last time.

You can't, not without wasting a Repair Staff use. Not worth it. Because Salem will break the Staff before you can capture him.

Then you wouldn't be able to talk to him.

You can capture him. Sleeping him won't be possible anyways, unless you waste a Repair Staff use for the Sleep Staff.

Just use up two more Warp staves and block the upper two exits. The third exit is close so a fast unit like Ronan could get there easily.You won't need Sleep Staff and you'll still get Trude and a big bunch of Slim Swords and Chest Keys.

Yeah, Repair Staff rounds are too precious to waste on silly stuff like Salem's Sleep Staff.

You can't, not without wasting a Repair Staff use. Not worth it. Because Salem will break the Staff before you can capture him.

I managed to capture him quickly enough with Mareeta that he had two Sleep staff uses left =/

Leave Othin and Halvan back, then hope for the best.

What I did in 12x was;

- Warp Lara to Pahn with Safy.

- Talk to Pahn, recruit him and promote Lara.

- Steal Tina's Thief Staff.

- Use a torch at the entrance.

- End turn, letting Trude move a little to the right (so he doesn't block the way) [optional if you want the treasure]

- Sleep staff Trude

- Go around collecting treasure and taking Safy to Tina, using a high bld unit like Othin to capture Trude and go past him to get the one treasure chest he blocked.

- After all treasure collected, have Pahn wait blocking the stairs to the far right for the two reinforcement dancers.

- End the chapter.

The double Warp Staff strat is probably better but I'm incredibly stingy with my Warp staff uses D:

Edited by Drayano

Note that Tina runs away through the stairs if you steal both of her staves.

Maybe in your experience. It's very possible to have him captured before he uses any.

I managed to capture him quickly enough with Mareeta that he had two Sleep staff uses left =/

Leave Othin and Halvan back, then hope for the best.

What I did in 12x was;

- Warp Lara to Pahn with Safy.

- Talk to Pahn, recruit him and promote Lara.

- Steal Tina's Thief Staff.

- Use a torch at the entrance.

- End turn, letting Trude move a little to the right (so he doesn't block the way) [optional if you want the treasure]

- Sleep staff Trude

- Go around collecting treasure and taking Safy to Tina, using a high bld unit like Othin to capture Trude and go past him to get the one treasure chest he blocked.

- After all treasure collected, have Pahn wait blocking the stairs to the far right for the two reinforcement dancers.

- End the chapter.

The double Warp Staff strat is probably better but I'm incredibly stingy with my Warp staff uses D:

There's only one problem. Recruiting Trude. I tried talking to him with him captured and Pahn can't talk to him. He has to be alive. But it's not hard to let him top blocking your way. All you have to do is stop blocking the exit for one turn and he'll rush towards it. Then you can block the exit again and Trude will be in a new position.

Note that Tina runs away through the stairs if you steal both of her staves.

Maybe in your experience. It's very possible to have him captured before he uses any.

Really.:o What do you do to capture him before he uses up the staff?

Edited by Laylea

But I'm guessing you'll still have to recruit Pahn first.

Not really, if you just capture him, and don't set him free, he will join you.

Not really, if you just capture him, and don't set him free, he will join you.

Oh, great. That means I didn't have to waste 2 extra Warp staves to prevent Trude from escaping. I hope those Slim Swords were worth it.

Recruit Pahn, sleep Trewd, capture him, finish chapter and Pahn will ask Leaf to release Trewd so he'll join you.

Thankfully they weren't that mean.

Well, Pahn DID torture Tina.

You can't actually have Pahn talk to Trewd if he's asleep though, hence the need to capture.

They were pretty exact with FE5 unfortunately :/

You probably do need Pahn recruited for you to get Trewd though, yes.

Edited by Drayano

The way I do the chapter is warp Lara over to Pahn and Othin over to Trewd to capture him (with Brave Axe). It may take a few tries, but I get it to work fairly reliably.

I dont worry about the dancer reinforcements though. I'm not that patient.

It was a rather light torture, I think.

The kind that makes Saphy ask "... that's all?"

She's a little girl after all.

What so special about the slim swords? They don't look that great.

You could use them to train Lara, attacking the Dancer in Pahn's room. It will do no damage.