Changing display name with incorrect password

Wist

When one changes one's screen-name, the forum asks the user to confirm his or her password after submitting the desired new name. Having forgotten which specific password I use for this forum, I found that I entered the incorrect password multiple times. It wasn't until after performing this multiple times that I realized my name changes had still been taking place despite my submitting an incorrect password (the forum notified me that the passwords I had been submitting were wrong). I learned which password of mine is correct but, because I have used up my name changes for a thirty day period, I cannot perform any tests to confirm that one's display name can be changed without correctly verifying the change.

Is someone able to confirm whether I've identified a glitch or I was making some other mistake?

Firefox has my password for Wist automatically saved, so the first password field was filled in automatically. I was making guesses with the second password field with the new name, I had assumed that was where I was encountering an error. Given your results, perhaps I mistook a redirect to the Change Display Name page as a second confirmation for a name change; unfortunately I can't check this.

Thank you very much for testing this for me, hopefully you don't feel inspired to change your name within the next thirty days.

Edited by Wist

I sorta have a different problem with regards of changing my name. When I attempted to change my name, the forum said that I have to wait to until 30 days and I did. So when I did that I was able to change my name. However, I somehow wasted my second chance for some reason IDWY...

Firefox has my password for Wist automatically saved, so the first password field was filled in automatically. I was making guesses with the second password field with the new name, I had assumed that was where I was encountering an error. Given your results, perhaps I mistook a redirect to the Change Display Name page as a second confirmation for a name change; unfortunately I can't check this.

Thank you very much for testing this for me, hopefully you don't feel inspired to change your name within the next thirty days.

Your Display Name history says you changed your name twice to the same thing yesterday.

And I think your ability to change your name without the proper password might have something to do with you being a moderator.