Lotsa help needed.

I'd think dodging might be more freqent in Mystery, becuase of the whoe 1 RN thing. FEDS does use a 2 RN system, right?

Dodge formula in Seisen:

Accuracy 	 = (Skill x 2) + weapon Accuracy + Leadership bonus + Charisma bonus + Lover bonus + Weapon triangle bonus
Avoid 	 = (Speed x 2) + Luck + Leadership bonus + Charisma bonus + Lover bonus

Dodge formula in Monshou:

Accuracy	 = (Skill x 2) + weapon Accuracy + Support bonus
Avoid	 = Speed + Luck + Support bonus + Terrain bonus

Lol Speed x1

Edited by Anborn Arsar

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodge formula in Seisen:

Accuracy 	 = (Skill x 2) + weapon Accuracy + Leadership bonus + Charisma bonus + Lover bonus + Weapon triangle bonus
Avoid 	 = (Speed x 2) + Luck + Leadership bonus + Charisma bonus + Lover bonus

Dodge formula in Monshou:

Accuracy	 = (Skill x 2) + weapon Accuracy + Support bonus
Avoid	 = Speed + Luck + Support bonus + Terrain bonus

Lol Speed x1

What does FE4's dodge formula have to do with this?

Oh wait, that's what this topic is supposed to be about.

What does FE4's dodge formula have to do with this?

Oh wait, that's what this topic is supposed to be about.

FE4 = doubles speed, therefore dodge is good.

FE3 = doesn't double speed, therefore dodge is crap.

Avoid is probably worse in FESD, it does seem to be a 2 RN system but you hardly see hit rates below 60 or 50 so it's mostly working against you.

For some reason, I'm not looking forward to playing FESD.

For some reason, I'm not looking forward to playing FESD.

The enemies in FEDS don't do a terrible amount of damage unless you're dealing with a lot of magic users, though, so it's not that much of a problem. The biggest problem I found is that you don't have a dancer in that game...

And yeah, anything non-Akaneia usually leans more towards speed as opposed to defense, although with the way the FE4 RNG works anything can happen...

The enemies in FEDS don't do a terrible amount of damage unless you're dealing with a lot of magic users, though, so it's not that much of a problem. The biggest problem I found is that you don't have a dancer in that game...

And yeah, anything non-Akaneia usually leans more towards speed as opposed to defense, although with the way the FE4 RNG works anything can happen...

I finished FE3B1 and some chapters were already quite annoying. So yeah, if FESD is even worse, I may not be too thrilled. Of course, I can't know for sure until I try it.

FE4 RNG? I think you mean FE5. My FE4 RNG only messed around in the Arena and during Lex's level ups.

My FE4 RNG only messed around in the Arena and during Lex's level ups.

There is that whole long string of RNs for one battle, and if the battle is to long, there are not enough RNs for your level up.

I frequent the arena in fe4, so that gets me every time.

FE4 RNG? I think you mean FE5. My FE4 RNG only messed around in the Arena and during Lex's level ups.

In terms of hit percentage, of course. Have you seen the video where Sety misses four times in a row with a 91% chance of hitting the same enemy?

There is that whole long string of RNs for one battle, and if the battle is to long, there are not enough RNs for your level up.

I frequent the arena in fe4, so that gets me every time.

That explains everything. I used Lex a lot on the arena so that's how he ended up so terrible.

It's still nowhere near as screwed as FE5's RNG. My Marita missed 7 times in a row (Meteor+Continue) with a 99 Hit rate. Yes, the enemy had Prayer but it shouldn't have decreased the Hit rate THAT much.

That explains everything. I used Lex a lot on the arena so that's how he ended up so terrible.

It's still nowhere near as screwed as FE5's RNG. My Marita missed 7 times in a row (Meteor+Continue) with a 99 Hit rate. Yes, the enemy had Prayer but it shouldn't have decreased the Hit rate THAT much.

In FE5, Prayer prevents fatal hits (100% evade) when it triggers.

In FE5, Prayer prevents fatal hits (100% evade) when it triggers.

I thought Prayer activates the moment your HP gets way too low. How is it even possible to kill an enemy with low HP then?

I thought Prayer activates the moment your HP gets way too low. How is it even possible to kill an enemy with low HP then?

You're thinking of FE4 prayer.

FE4 Prayer:

When user's HP is under or equal to 10, increases avoid by [(11 - HP) x 10] for one turn*

FE5 Prayer:

If the enemy's attack will KO the user, user has 100% avoid. Activation rate: (Luck x 3)%

You're thinking of FE4 prayer.

FE4 Prayer:

When user's HP is under or equal to 10, increases avoid by [(11 - HP) x 10] for one turn*

FE5 Prayer:

If the enemy's attack will KO the user, user has 100% avoid. Activation rate: (Luck x 3)%

I see. That explains a whole lot. So the HP of the unit doesn't matter at all in FE5 Prayer?

Not in the manner of FE4, but yes it matters... after all, the HP and DEF/MAG have to be equal or less than the enemy's attack rating for it to be considered a "lethal hit".

I meant, the exact value itself doesn't matter. Sorry, I'm too used to one-shotting those wyverns with Wrath.

No, not really a question here. Carry on...

EDIT:

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Screw FE4, it's not working for me. Onto Thracia 776!!!!!!!!!!!!

On chapter 2x right now, and I need to know how you capture bosses. I've looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find it. And what's most likely the best way to keep Shiva alive until I capture the place?

Edited by SupremeRulerOfJugdral

Leave shiva alone, do not get in his range.

To capture rivis (and do not release him) just go up to him and select capture. He has no weapons, and will be captured immediately.

Capturing-

Likewise to rescuing, just enemies. (your stats will decrease)

Your build needs to be > than the enemies. (assuming you are not mounted)

To capure, you need to get their hp down to zero, but by selecting capture. It will be harder to damage them.

Mounted units can always capture, an you cannot capture mounted units.

You can dismount enemy mounted units with sleep staff or sword.

You can then take ANY weapon from their inventory, and give them any weapon.

Yeah, I have an almost-japanese english patch, like, 13% complete, so I couldn't figure out the word Capture. I'm trying to get my hands on an another ROM, but it won't come out (I have a better patch already, so I just need to get fresh ROM). And bigger build or mounted... alright, Finn would be ideal, right?

One thing: mounted units must dismount in order to fight indoors, just like in FE3. So, while Finn is excellent for capturing with his Hero Lance and mount, he can't do it so well in indoor chapters.

Also, units with 20 build can't be captured, no matter what. But you can still steal from them, if the thief's speed > unit's speed, and his build > item's weight.

Edited by Anborn Arsar