Self-defense

General Spoon

Or, there's a technique where you can steal their gun and point it right at their face. You see it in movies quite a bit.

They could also wind up on the ground on their stomach with your knee digging into their neck or something. However, this fails if they were a wresteler in high school :(

Too bad...O_o

There is no way you to dodge a bullet...unless if your superman or the person aiming is just plain stupid.

A gun is only dangerous if its pointed at you.

Edited by Delmud

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good until you realize that the mugger with the gun doesn't care if you want to get involved or not.

true, I'd just have to throw money at him to trade for my life

I know a little about self-defense (3 years on Kung Fu class) but the best thing you can do is to handle the money and such things.

Better safe than sorry.

I have always found people learning martial arts for self-defense to be hilarious overkill. You don't need to know Judo, of Jung Fu, or whatever other shit to defend yourself. You are not ninjas.

Common sense is also one of the most effective arts to defend yourself.

I have always found people learning martial arts for self-defense to be hilarious overkill. You don't need to know Judo, of Jung Fu, or whatever other shit to defend yourself. You are not ninjas.

AGREED!

Kids watch too many fighting movies =/

Alas, I don't know any martial art apart from a couple of kicks and punches my friend taught me... I'd like to learn one, for the fitness and mental benefits as well as self defense... but I know ways to get away from people, and I can kick pretty dang hard. I can cause an effective amount of pain to someone who grabs me. Not to mention the "piercing shriek" option for drawing help, if it's readily available. If, by some ridiculous twist of fate, I find myself faced with an armed attacker, well... I don't know.