Certain...mysteries in Ocarina of Time...

Nightmare

This can be easily explained by saying that the witch did not know. It was all a simple accident. Simple, no?
Yes, this is a very reasonable possibility. There is no evidence of a witch keeping up with the Skulltula family so she may very well have been ignorant of a rupee producing side effect.
That is very plausible, actually. I think that maybe the witch withdrew their sexual desires (and energy) and trapped them within the Gold Skulltulas, which is why they are freed and happy once more. Of course it also has the power to turn them back.
Excellent! I believe we have made immense strides in dissecting this mystery, we may be heading straight towards a logically sound theory. This hypothesis explains most every question on this matter which I can think of at the moment. Ocarina of Time is truly a deep and mature title worthy of its vainglorious reputation.

Did anyone even bother to read my post? The one at the beginning of the thread that talks about ingame evidence? That post?
I had referenced your first point, but now is probably a good time to backtrack and pick up any information which may have been neglected in the discussion.
In the Windwaker, those leaf people are the Kokori's true forms
The Koroks are indeed implied to be descendant from the Kokiri, but I do not think that they are one in the same. The spirit of a Kokiri is seen in the Wind Temple in Wind Waker and he has retained his Kokiri form. There are a few possibilities which might explain this.

Hypothesis #1) The Koroks evolved from the Kokiri - This might be true whether or not the Kokiri spring from the ground or are born from the Great Deku Tree (or perhaps both if they grow from seeds), but it cannot be true if the Kokiri are in some way related to the Hylians. If we assume a genetic relationship exists between the Kokiri and the Koroks, tis strengthens the hypothesis that the Kokiri are born in the Kokiri Forest and have no connections with the rest of Hyrule.

Hypothesis #2) Different Deku Trees produce different Kokiri - All of the Kokiri Link comes across in the Kokiri Forest were around at the time of the Great Deku Tree which raised Link as if he were a Kokiri. No new Kokiri are seen in the Forest after the Great Deku Tree's death and succession by the Deku Sprout. If these mystical plant beings are indeed directly related to the production of the Kokiri, perhaps each individual Deku Tree has its own unique progeny. This hypothesis seems less likely than the one before because Fado (the male spirit from Wind Waker, not the girl Kokiri in Ocarina of Time) died after Ocarina of Time; he was most probably born after this game as well.

Hypothesis #3) This hypothesis directly addresses the problem with the hypothesis above. Fado in Ocarina of Time (this name was stated on an earlier version of the official Legend of Zelda website) may perhaps be transsexual. She could also have been turned into a male via exposure to chemicals, Link gives her "medicine" during the Biggoron Sword trading sequence. The last possibility is that the Kokiri can transform themselves at will. They may normally look like Korok but the Great Deku Tree could have threatened sexual bondage with skulltulas should they not morph into Hylianesque forms. There would have been no reason to suspect Link's appearance if this mandate had been given before the other Kokiri were aware of Link's existence.

Of course, there are other possibilities to consider regarding the propagation of the Kokiri. They do not appear to age past their childhood forms, but their internal biology may be quite different from the Hylians. What if they are able to reproduce like most other species despite their misleading facade of eternal youth?

thats genius Wist, however in response to the Kokiri discussion, the adults who enter the forest end up as Stalfos...
This is an embarrassing oversight on my part, but it's beneficial to our discussion that you make note of this. Did I not know suspect that the Kokiri are born in the Forest for other reasons, this fact makes it more likely that the Kokiri could have been born from Hylian mothers trapped in the Lost Woods. The children may survive but the mothers would roam the landscape as stalfos for all eternity. Of course, this is definitely a valid possibility if the Kokiri are granted their eternal youthfulness by the Great Deku Tree and they are able to reach sexual maturity. The Kokiri may have developed on their own, separated from the rest of Hyrule, and evolved into the leafy Koroks after the creation of the Great Sea. This hypothesis leaves room for there being two Fado's, the male Fado spirit in Wind Waker was probably the son of the female Fado in Ocarina of Time.

Alas, I believe I may have come up with one more hypothesis worthy of discussion. What if the Koroks are a mixture of Great Deku Tree and Kokiri genetic lines? The Great Deku Tree holds unrivaled authority over his domain, he may have experienced the same sexual frustration likely felt by the Gerudo. He kept the Kokiri as his own personal instruments of pleasure, leading to the birth of the first Korok. This line of thought is an alteration of the following suggestion:

is it possible that the kokiri were created FOR link so that he had some buddies to play with while he was a kid??
The Kokiri existed not for Link to play with, but for the Great Deku Tree to enjoy their company.

Back to the Koroks: these monstrous bundles of sin probably came into being around the time of the Great Flood for the Kokiri could not fly to escape drowning. This explains the reason the Kokiri live in the Kokiri Forest, why they may be granted eternal youth, how the Koroks came into being, and how the Great Deku Tree was able to leave a special offspring, the Deku Scrub,in his place. The Great Deku Tree produces his own unique seeds as evidenced in Wind Waker, the Kokiri and Koroks must have some additional DNA.

also Talon offers Link Malon in marriage for finding his superior cocks.. :)
I'm glad you mention this fact, it shows the Nintendo still hope to promote good fathering in their games alongside their representations of erotic men.
Also considering that the gold Skulltulas burst into flame when you defeat them AND the medallions are on fire when you get them, it makes it even more plausible. I hereby fully support this theory.
Yes, I agree, thank you for noting this. The fiery energy emitted by killed and captured Gold Skulltula must be the sexual energies of the Skulltula family. Edited by Wist