FE4, second gen tier list

General Spoon

I would bring up problem hitting with Johan, but with 4 shots available and ambush, arguing against Johan being pretty cool is a losing battle. Johalva might have great defense and bows for fighting the dragon knights later (Johan doesn't wanna go toe to toe with Trabant either), but Johan slaughtering the legion of dragon knight generics>Johalva helping to kill Trabant...But with Johalva's strength, wouldn't two shots of the brave axe be enough? He's got more durability too and has great strength and skill growth (now thinking about it, with Lakche supports, neither are having too much trouble hitting things...). Johalva I don't see as bad or good. Lower mid at the least.

Johan? ...Well, no one else wants the pursuit ring. But one thing to consider is axe weight. He's pretty much only ever gonna use brave ax, but it weighs as much as most lances, and Fin screws up eventually with lance weight and can't double eventually. Johan will run into the same problem. Only difference is Johan is helping Lakche be an even deadlier fighter, has ambush, and a bit better growths. He's at LEAST above Fin, or in his general area. Above Fin, below Oifaye. In that general range, IMO at least.

I could actually see Celice going lower. Miserable start, a meh skill, takes a while to get to par with the various psychopaths on your team, gets Tyrfing rather late. He promotes and gets a horse, but he has to get to level 20 first. Only thing he can rely on is Sigurd's Silver Sword, which might or might not have 50 kills on it by then. He isn't keeping the Hero Sword Patty gives him because with how bad his start is, he'd whittle through that sucker too quick every battle. He'd much prefer his daddy's silver sword along with maybe a magic blade as ranged back-up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could actually see Celice going lower. Miserable start,

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=celice&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=la...lex&game=4x

Almost comparable in terms of stats. Higher HP, Str, Mag, Def, Luk and Res.

While Lakche has Meteor Sword, Celice ought to have Critical.

takes a while to get to par with the various psychopaths on your team,

Not really. Celice, with a 50 kill Silver Sword, is going to be pretty damn good. He gets to level 20 very easily, and he wants the Elite Ring + Leg Ring.

He promotes and gets a horse, but he has to get to level 20 first.

If you want to be efficient, you'll want to pass on a Elite Ring and Leg Ring to be more durable and conquer castles faster (and at the beginning of the game). Celice will reach level 20 quickly.

. Only thing he can rely on is Sigurd's Silver Sword, which might or might not have 50 kills on it by then.

You get it like halfway of Prologue, so it's not a problem to get 50 kills.

Edited by Alvis

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=celice&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=la...lex&game=4x

Almost comparable in terms of stats. Higher HP, Str, Mag, Def, Luk and Res.

While Lakche has Meteor Sword, Celice ought to have Critical.

Not really. Celice, with a 50 kill Silver Sword, is going to be pretty damn good. He gets to level 20 very easily, and he wants the Elite Ring + Leg Ring.

If you want to be efficient, you'll want to pass on a Elite Ring and Leg Ring to be more durable and conquer castles faster (and at the beginning of the game). Celice will reach level 20 quickly.

You get it like halfway of Prologue, so it's not a problem to get 50 kills.

I keep forgetting about those rings....

Now looking at those stats, why do I always think Lakche is so much better?...*looks at each character inventory, realizes Lakche still has Aira's Hero Sword* Oh. *facepalm* doy...

Edited by Grandjackal

Weapons and rings don't belong to anyone. You can't count the Silver Sword for Celice and you can't count the Hero Sword for Lakche. Compare them both with the same weapon, and look who is superior - probably Lakche slightly early on, though giving 20% avo to everyone in 3 spaces around you more than overrides her offense lead. And once Celice promotes it's gg.

Just so you know, Lakche isn't getting the Hero Sword. It belongs to Patty!Holyn (Bridget's best husband) or Nanna.

That's why I facepalmed. I'm aware.

Weapons and rings don't belong to anyone. You can't count the Silver Sword for Celice and you can't count the Hero Sword for Lakche. Compare them both with the same weapon, and look who is superior - probably Lakche slightly early on, though giving 20% avo to everyone in 3 spaces around you more than overrides her offense lead. And once Celice promotes it's gg.

And I forgot about the leadership! Damn, I'm all thumbs today...

They don't necessarily belong to anyone, but you'll generally want to give them to people who really want them to improve efficiency, which was what I was talking about. This is true for all FE games, like giving Haar a Speedwing. Celice definitely wants a Leg Ring for faster conquering - and Elite Ring is definitely possible. The items are right there in the game, and you want to use them in the best way possible, am I wrong?

Lakche and Skasaha already have Elite, Lester and Delmud aren't that useful, leaving Arthur and Fee. Which one would you want out of these, Celice, Arthur or Fee? Arthur is already good if you're using Holsety and Fee - well, is just not as useful as Celice.

And don't forget, he also gives 20% avo to himself.

Edited by Alvis

Just so you know, Lakche isn't getting the Hero Sword. It belongs to Patty!Holyn (Bridget's best husband) or Nanna.

... wait, what

They don't necessarily belong to anyone, but you'll generally want to give them to people who really want them to improve efficiency, which was what I was talking about. This is true for all FE games, like giving Haar a Speedwing. Celice definitely wants a Leg Ring for faster conquering - and Elite Ring is definitely possible. Lakche and Skasaha already have Elite, Lester and Delmud aren't that useful, leaving Arthur and Fee. Which one would you want out of these, Celice, Arthur or Fee?

Giving the Leg Ring to Leen is popular so that she can, huh, actually reach the combat zone to dance.

Lex x Ayra isn't the only possibly pairing. And Leaf is another candidate for the Elite Ring, for instance.

Edited by TheEnd

Sorry to change the subject but, on the site with the averages, I find that Celice's base strength, magic, skill, speed, def and res are too high. When I do the math I get this for his base stats

Celice

Hp: 31

str: 8.2

mag: 1.7

skl: 8.7

spd: 8.1

luck: 10.1 (if the random # selected was 50)

def: 7.6

res: 1.7

I used the averages for Celice using the average stats for a lv.30 Sigurd and Lv.30 Diadora.

Either I did the math wrong or the site listed the base stats too high?

Edited by pitbuller26

Giving the Leg Ring to Leen is popular so that she can, huh, actually reach the combat zone to dance.

She can get it later, but you want to get the Leg Ring as early as possible, right?

Lex x Ayra isn't the only possibly pairing. And Leaf is another candidate for the Elite Ring, for instance.

Bad idea. You'd have to give it to Ethlin and you won't have the Ring for a while.

But he can claim it later, yes.

Edited by Alvis

Sorry to change the subject but, on the site with the averages, I find that Celice's base strength, magic, skill, speed, def and res are too high. When I do the math I get this for his base stats

Celice

I used the averages for Celice using the average stats for a lv.30 Sigurd and Lv.30 Diadora.

That is never happening. Ever. Thinking of it happening is hilarious.

Diadora has VERY limited time, isn't exactly the greatest unit in that time, and getting her to level 30 in that time is some serious abuse.

EDIT: Re-read your post and now I get the point, my bad. There's a point here...

Edited by Grandjackal

She can get it later, but you want to to get the Leg Ring as early as possible, right?

Bad idea. You'd have to give it to Ethlin and you won't have the Ring for a while.

But he can claim it later, yes.

Both the Elite and Leg rings cost 40k. Trading those items isn't always an option.

Celice

You have to subtract the class bases from Diadora's and Sigurd's stats, and add the Junior Lord bases to Celice's.

That is never happening. Ever. Thinking of it happening is hilarious.

Diadora has VERY limited time, isn't exactly the greatest unit in that time, and getting her to level 30 in that time is some serious abuse.

It's actually easy as hell to abuse her, since she uses staves.

Although it isn't really needed, as she caps her relevant stats (magic and res) rather early.

Edited by TheEnd

It's actually easy as hell to abuse her, since she uses staves.

Although it isn't really needed, as she caps her relevant stats (magic and res) rather early.

Show me the money for how she can manage it enough to get to 30. Staves are expensive to repair, Sigurd can give her a bit, but not all the money in the world, even whatever Dew nabs to give to her isn't enough.

Still seems a bit overkill even if it's just to max her magic and resistance rather than getting to level 30...

Both the Elite and Leg rings cost 40k. Trading those items isn't always an option.

Assuming tactics rank, Celice will keep the Leg Ring.

Also, the Elite Ring, well, is going to be passed around no matter what. The fact that Elite Ring costs 40k therefore it will have a hard time being passed around goes for every single character, not only Celice.

Yes I did that, and those are the results I get for his base stats.

Then FEA is wildly innacurate about children's base stats. (And indeed, my last playthrough's Celice had 31 HP, 8 str, 1 mag, 8 skl, 7 spd, lol 4 luck, 7 def and 2 res.)

Show me the money for how she can manage it enough to get to 30. Staves are expensive to repair, Sigurd can give her a bit, but not all the money in the world, even whatever Dew nabs to give to her isn't enough.

Still seems a bit overkill even if it's just to max her magic and resistance rather than getting to level 30...

Live staff - 5000 per 50 uses. 15 experience per use. 7.5 levels per full staff. And she can also do a couple arena rounds without trouble.

I'm not following you there, sir.

Assuming tactics rank, Celice will keep the Leg Ring.

Also, the Elite Ring, well, is going to be passed around no matter what. The fact that Elite Ring costs 40k therefore it will have a hard time being passed around goes for every single character, not only Celice.

And why is that? The bulk of his army is land-based. What point is there in reaching the castle first if you don't have the power to take it yet?

Edited by TheEnd

And why is that? The bulk of his army is land-based. What point is there in reaching the castle first if you don't have the power to take it yet?

That's why you've got mounts (Oifaye especially) and the Elite Ring for higher stats.

This is mainly because of the tactics rank anyway.

That's why you've got mounts (Oifaye especially) and the Elite Ring for higher stats.

This is mainly because of the tactics rank anyway.

Oh, so you're giving all the experience to Lester, Delmud and Oifaye, while leaving Ayra's kids, Arthur and Yuria behind?

Sounds like a great plan to me.

Oh, so you're giving all the experience to Lester, Delmud and Oifaye, while leaving Ayra's kids, Arthur and Yuria behind?

Sounds like a great plan to me.

You're exaggerating. That's not going to happen.

Though, that is true to some extent in ranked.

Live staff - 5000 per 50 uses. 15 experience per use. 7.5 levels per full staff. And she can also do a couple arena rounds without trouble.

I'm not following you there, sir.

*facepalm* Man, I am fucking stupid today, I thought you were talking about abusing the freaking silence staff...I'm so used to not giving her anything because she wouldn't be around long anyways. I always gave the silence staff to Aideen.

*facepalm* Man, I am fucking stupid today, I thought you were talking about abusing the freaking silence staff...I'm so used to not giving her anything because she wouldn't be around long anyways. I always gave the silence staff to Aideen.

That one? I usually use it up, then sell it (broken) to Adean or Levin to minimize money wasting.