Favorite Smash Bros. game

luigi bros

Of the three games which is your favorite?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Super Smash Bros.
    • Super Smash Bros. Melee
    • Super Smash bros. Brawl

I like Brawl the best. It has lots of content for both 1 and 2 players. I liked that they made just about everything in the game co-op. That way, me and my sister can play together.

I also liked the story mode, the great music, and the good character selection. Melee was too fast for me, and I haven't played the original.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SSB64 > SSBB > SSBM

Probably never playing melee again.

SSB64 doesn't have any of the new stuff like air dodging. While I like the options like more throws and characters, more balanced and simple gameplay wins my heart. Every character can combo. The hitstun in Brawl is like, not even there. Being able to combo is a luxury. It should be something EVERY character and EVERY player can do. 0-death combos are possible, but they are all situational and take Godly skill to apply.

My middle brother sold my copy of SSB64 and my eldest brother sold the N64 itself, but just this Sunday I happened across a N64 and a controller for $35. The stall at the market right across from that had SSB64 for $27. It's great to be able to play this game again.

take Godly skill to apply

nah

Canceling lag and positioning isn't hard, the toughest thing about them is the controller.

Edited by Rehab

I don't know. Isai, who is the best known SSB64 player in the west and probably the world, can sometimes take multiple tries to pull off some of the combos he does.

Edit - And controls are still a viable reason to not be able to pull something off.

Edited by Rhelm

Top tier players drop combos in every game, the setup is still relatively easy in most 64 cases and you have a fairly slow rhythm to get down most of the time. Relatively speaking, they're not very hard.

I guess "godly skill" is giving them too much credit, but there's still many variables which can determine if a 0-death combo happens on an equal skilled player. Examples~

If the opponent is Link, the combo has a much greater chance of being fatal.

If the player is Fox or Pikachu, the combo is much more likely to happen.

If for some reason the opponent is Samus, the combo is probably not going to happen.

Pro players get combo'd to death more often than not, but to happen at 0%, if they are in a decent matchup, doesn't happen that often unless the opponent is a character really easily gimped.

• 8 months later...

My vote has to go to meelee. Brawl is a warped mostrosity argeted toward casual players(aka people who enjoy looking at all the pretty colors and don't give a damn about the game quality.). They created a larger roster to insert the illusion of variety(nthe characters are really dry in reality), make a bunch of lame stages that seem more suited to a party game then a fighting game, and added a bunch of useless gimmicks(assist trophies and slipping anyone?) while leaving the games essence unrefined and plain. I could sit fffor hours and play meelee, whereas brawl loses my interes after a half hour of play(as is with most wii games.).

Edited by Sophius

ssbb for the amazing character detail, right down Samus's protruding chest to every grain of fur on lucarios body. They gave ivysaur scales, and peach boobs. Call me a stickler for detail :)