Lent

Mufasa

Lent is a religious thing, in which people give up something they enjoy for a month as a display of dicipline. And though I'm not religious enough to do that for any sort of religious purposes, I might do it for personal purposes. Just to see if I could do it.

Of course, I'm probably gonna end up not doing it, but for those of you who do follow Lent, or for even those you wouldn't, what would you give up for it?

Me, I'd probably give up my Wii for a month. (I still have my 360 so it wouldn't be that big a loss.)

Would Ramadan be counted as Lent? I've been doing that since I was able to (which was about three years ago), so...

If it's the same basic principle then I guess.

Religions, as different as they are, are very similar.

Oh yeah, I remember something about Lent. Some secretary where I work at did that sorta thing. She likes to drink alot of Diet Dr. Pepper. Anyway, she stopped drinking it for 30 days, or was it 42? I dont know, but she did. And I bet she is gonna do it again.

Personally, I don't believe in that, but good luck to those that do.

I'm Catholic, and I do it every year. But I never give anything too big up (I know, I'm a wuss). I've given up, ice cream, dessert in general, and gum that I can remember. I should do something more this year... I might end up giving up going on here (except to post my story) :(

I am a Lutheran and we do it, mainly because we are somewhat of a popeless spin-off of Catholics.

3 years ago i gave up Ice cream. The next year Soda and last year i only ate during meals. Don't know what I am going to do this year though....

Isn't the thing thing where you can't eat meat on Fridays and fish is considered a vegetable?

Yeah, pretty much. On Fridays you can't eat any red meat but white meat is fine.

I'm supposed to celebrate lent because I'm catholic, but uh, I never give up anything and always forget about the NO RED MEAT ON FRIDAYS rule. I feel bad now ;_;

Is there an echo in here?

Maybe, everybody seems to be repeating the same thing D:

I have decided I am going to give up taking money from my brother's dresser....even though I shouldn't be doing that anyways......