1. 1. Choose:

• Incredible Strength
    • Unquestionable Intelligence

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can.

No you cannot. Your ability to learn and brain capacity only deteriorates with age, it never increases. When you learn your max and yet learn something new, either something is being sacrificed, or you're not actually committing it to long-term memory.

Edited by Bohemund

Yes you can.

It depends on how you define intelligence, honestly; you're probably not going to wake up one day and develop a knack for solving non-linear mathematics in your head. You can gain knowledge, obviously enough, but I believe that this isn't what the OP is speaking of. Despite the fact that intelligence is a rather vague term, I think he means if you basically woke up one day and had a super-brain.

If this is discussing whether I'd rather wake up one day and have some kind of mad memorization skills along with the capability to assess situations at lightning-fast speed, then definitely the latter. I've always dreamt of how awesome it would be to sit and watch something, then forever be able to recall the event to perfection, even down to my thoughts at the time. Learning would be so much more fun.

It depends on how you define intelligence, honestly; you're probably not going to wake up one day and develop a knack for solving non-linear mathematics in your head. You can gain knowledge, obviously enough, but I believe that this isn't what the OP is speaking of. Despite the fact that intelligence is a rather vague term, I think he means if you basically woke up one day and had a super-brain.

If this is discussing whether I'd rather wake up one day and have some kind of mad memorization skills along with the capability to assess situations at lightning-fast speed, then definitely the latter. I've always dreamt of how awesome it would be to sit and watch something, then forever be able to recall the event to perfection, even down to my thoughts at the time. Learning would be so much more fun.

This sounds amazin.

But I'm going to go with amazing strength. I feel comfortable with my intelligence at the moment. With more intelligence comes more knowledge, and as far as I'm concerned, Iwith knowledge comes responsibility. There are so many more things you can take care of AND things only you can take care of. Also, I already hate going around being smarter than the average Joe, I'd hate being super intelligent. If I see the evil truth of so many things now, imagine when you can analyze everything. I'd be hella depressed.

Yes, I know how ridiculous my argument sounds.

Edited by ¡Random Black Guy!

Ah, then he and I are talking about two different things, which explains why I was thinking he must be 8. My apologies, Bohemund.

The latter. With intelligence, I could think of something to acquire the former. :D

I agree with this, If I have Intelligence, I could make a machine to give me mutant strength.

I'm not really sure. Having intelligence is nice, but doesn't help much if you have the ability to make use of it. Strength is nice, but that doesn't help much if you have little intelligence to make use of it. Tough choice.....I'm already pretty strong, so more intelligence might help me more.

Intelligence. Physical strength can be increased if you work at it; the capacity to learn and reason can be refined, but not increased.

Even if you work really hard youll never be able to reach the point where you are able to stop a car, lift a boulder, destroy a wall with your bare fists etc.