Quick Pokémon question, about Wonder Cards...

AceNoctali

Hiya everyone. Not sure if someone has the answer to this, but I'll give a shot at asking anyway.

So I plan to go to Tôkyô's Pokémon Center during next week, to get the special Onemuri Pikachu (the one who has Yawn as a special move).

Problem is, I already have 3 Wonder Cards in both my 2 Japanese Platinum carts : the Pokemon Center Eevee one, the Darkrai one, and the Secret Key one.

To make matters worse, on both carts I got the Member's Card, but still haven't caught Darkrai (since I plan to SR both of them, and Cresselia as well who's needed to be released and who's IVs and Nature are set upon release) ; and on my second Plat cart I'm SRing Eevee for a Hidden Power Grass one, and the Secret Key is only obtainable on this one after I get the Eevee.

So my question is : If I delete my Darkrai's Member's Card Wonder Card (so I can make some place for the Onemuri WC, and keep the Secret Key WC for my first Plat cart), will the Member's Card gotten from it still be legit, and thus allow me to capture Darkrai ?

If you do know the answer to this, thanks a VERY lot in advance !

Edited by AceNoctali

Hiya everyone. Not sure if someone has the answer to this, but I'll give a shot at asking anyway.

So I plan to go to Tôkyô's Pokémon Center during next week, to get the special Onemuri Pikachu (the one who has Yawn as a special move).

Problem is, I already have 3 Wonder Cards in both my 2 Japanese Platinum carts : the Pokemon Center Eevee one, the Darkrai one, and the Secret Key one.

To make matters worse, on both carts I got the Member's Card, but still haven't caught Darkrai (since I plan to SR both of them, and Cresselia as well who's needed to be released and who's IVs and Nature are set upon release) ; and on my second Plat cart I'm SRing Eevee for a Hidden Power Grass one, and the Secret Key is only obtainable on this one after I get the Eevee.

So my question is : If I delete my Darkrai's Member's Card Wonder Card (so I can make some place for the Onemuri WC, and keep the Secret Key WC for my first Plat cart), will the Member's Card gotten from it still be legit, and thus allow me to capture Darkrai ?

If you do know the answer to this, thanks a VERY lot in advance !

If you haven't done the quest and captured Darkrai (or gotten Eevee) then finish them and then delete the card. If you're one of those people who reset for natures or shiny, you'll have a hard task probably. But if you don't care get the mission out of the way so you can accept this new one.

I can't finish the Darkrai quest on Platinum 2 yet, as I'm near the beginning of the game, so yeah.

And I'm one of those who resets for Natures, IV, and eventually Hidden Power and Shinyness, indeed. :P

But don't worry, I finally got my chance last night for Platinum 2's Eevee. I think I'll just erase both Eevee Wonder Cards, then (even though I would have loved to keep them. :/ ).

Thanks for your answer ! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Double-post, so that everyone who plays Pokémon and will eventually run out of Wonder Card slots know it :

I went to the Pokémon Center this week-end to get the Onemuri Pikachu (which I did), and tested myself : as long as you retreived the item in the Pokémon Shop in your game, you can erase the Wonder Card where you got the item, and still catch the Pokémon linked to that item.

For instance, I erased the Member's Card Wonder Card (after having retrieved said Member's Card at the Pokémon Shop of course, so the Member's Card was in my inventory), then quickly checked if I could capture Darkrai : and indeed, I still could.

You have to get the event item in the Pokémon Shop first, and THEN you can erase the Wonder Card (and thus still be able to get the Pokémon linked to that item, like the Member's Card for Darkrai, or Oak's Letter for Shaymin).