Lacking Conversations?

thanibomb

Personally, I think FE:DS is really lacking in the conversation/support department. I mean, Marth is the only one that does the talking, and some characters don't even talk at all (Barth and his buddies, Hardain's groupies, etc). Newbies who don't know which enemies are recruitable like Wendel and Rickard have no way of knowing until its too late. I know its supposed to be a remake of FE1, but I expected an improvement in the story and the characters... not just a graphics boost. :\

There's a few hidden convos. Ogma can talk to Shiida, most characters have a talk with Marth, the peg sisters have a chat with each other...

Yeah, but that was really minimal effort from IS. I know they wanted to keep as close as possible from the original, but IMO, convo-wise, that was a really bad move. They should have created a lot of new convos for characters who didn't get any in the original games, so to improve the storytelling and character development. Hey, look at Star Ocean : Second Evolution, the PSP remake of Star Ocean : The Second Story : they actually put some real effort in giving several Private Actions for Dias, who didn't get any in the original game, for example.

Edited by AceNoctali

i'm not defending that move, I'm saying people exaggerate the lack of improvement in the overall story. Just the scriptwriting alone makes it shoot from a 1/10 to a 4/10.

Besides, I'm glad the support system is gone, and I'm willing to sacrifice the conversations for it. +25 avo and boosts to atk/def/crit were just ridiculous. If we must sacrifice them to get only the random map conversations in order to prevent the wtfhueg support boosts from rearing their ugly head again, then so be it.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

i'm not defending that move, I'm saying people exaggerate the lack of improvement in the overall story. Just the scriptwriting alone makes it shoot from a 1/10 to a 4/10.

Besides, I'm glad the support system is gone, and I'm willing to sacrifice the conversations for it. +25 avo and boosts to atk/def/crit were just ridiculous. If we must sacrifice them to get only the random map conversations in order to prevent the wtfhueg support boosts from rearing their ugly head again, then so be it.

Characters should still introduce themselves when they join. I agree with AceNoctali... the gameplay is still solid, but I expected way more character development.