If I turn the game off, does it still auto-suspend?

IF you ask me, it's better that way, because the Fire Emblems that used the auto suspend feature used a flash save that tended to wear out the battery of the game very quickly (which eventually meant the all your files go bye bye, and there's no way for you to save your files.

How exactly is this painful when you can just suspend the game? You can skip the battle scenes and enemy's turn if you're in a rush to suspend the game too >_>.

It's nice to have if forget your charager on a trip, yet you play FEDS so much that it runs out of juice before you get to a save space.

IF you ask me, it's better that way, because the Fire Emblems that used the auto suspend feature used a flash save that tended to wear out the battery of the game very quickly (which eventually meant the all your files go bye bye, and there's no way for you to save your files.

But you could change the battery if you really wanted, right?

also, no auto-suspend = no more easy-arena trick(or finding your opponent in the arena simply by wagering gold, and turning off power in the event your unit has a disadvantage(weapon triangle-wise)/you think your unit will die in the arena to the enemy, and turning power back on, and rejecting the wager, and reentering arena, wager, get a new enemy)..

^ because of that fact, the arenas of this game are a whole different ballgame than the arenas from fire emblem: blazing sword and sacred stones, where you can auto-suspend, while in this game, if you have to stop w/o losing chapter progress, you have only two options: manual suspend or save. If there's no way you can do either w/o losing an important character, you can start all over again(you can't directly restart chapter in this game, just like fe4-fe5 which, oddly, don't have a "restart chapter" command(that fact applies to this fire emblem game too because it shares that observation with those two games, meaning if you made a bad mistake, since the rng can't save you w/o auto-suspend, you have to make a new save file...), and play up to the point of where you made the mistake on your old file...

^ sure wish it still did it, but :(

Edited by shadowjam

also, no auto-suspend = no more easy-arena trick(or finding your opponent in the arena simply by wagering gold, and turning off power in the event your unit has a disadvantage(weapon triangle-wise)/you think your unit will die in the arena to the enemy, and turning power back on, and rejecting the wager, and reentering arena, wager, get a new enemy)..

^ because of that fact, the arenas of this game are a whole different ballgame than the arenas from fire emblem: blazing sword and sacred stones, where you can auto-suspend, while in this game, if you have to stop w/o losing chapter progress, you have only two options: manual suspend or save. If there's no way you can do either w/o losing an important character, you can start all over again(you can't directly restart chapter in this game, just like fe4-fe5 which, oddly, don't have a "restart chapter" command(that fact applies to this fire emblem game too because it shares that observation with those two games, meaning if you made a bad mistake, since the rng can't save you w/o auto-suspend, you have to make a new save file...), and play up to the point of where you made the mistake on your old file...

^ sure wish it still did it, but :(

From this text block, I get that you can't restart chapters. I haven't tried it, but I'm going to call you out on this.

I meant touching the screen while on the loading chapter menu. Some buttons should pop up on top of the Touch Screen, but I don't know if touching the buttons will work since I just use the R button.

You're welcome to try though. ;D