The Fire Emblem Remake Topic

Phoenix Wright

FE2: I really have no interest in it... from what I've read of how it plays. Also due to it being the only FE game without a set of official art... I don't think IS has interest in it either.

IS has plenty of use in FE2. I've barely played the game, but I've figured out that IS has been borrowing ideas from this game for a long time. Monsters, moving on the overworld, branched promotions, multi-tier promotions, multiple parties, and some more I can't recall at the moment. I'm sure I'll be able to add to the list after I actually play the game.

FE5 criticals work the same way as FE4: double might as opposed to triple damage.

Could've sworn it did. Eh, I suppose that double might made it look like that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS has plenty of use in FE2. I've barely played the game, but I've figured out that IS has been borrowing ideas from this game for a long time. Monsters, moving on the overworld, branched promotions, multi-tier promotions, multiple parties, and some more I can't recall at the moment. I'm sure I'll be able to add to the list after I actually play the game.

I haven't played it myself but isn't this the first game to have a support bond (innate) between characters?

(I actually did play it for ~5 minutes once)

It is also worth noting that FE2 has one of the biggest divergences which no other game has repeated. Instead of having many weapons with limited uses, characters equip one weapon. And I think there's something funky with the magic system as well.

Edited by SeverIan

Kinda. Ankoku had a pegasus trio attack. While the sisters still have it here, Alm and Celica receive the same instant-crit attack if one is adjacent to another, if memory serves (so end of the game).

I know that Monshou (both books?) have "inner" supports, where some units give boosts to others. Not sure if it exists in the original though :/

I hope this stays ambiguous - I like it that the FE fan who really cares about shipping has the freedom to believe in any of the pairings available.
But then, there would be some fans who like to "take leaks" on the how the storyline unfolds, and try to force their pairing(s) on others just because they consider the pairing(s) they support "the correct ones." Even when the only known 100% "correct" pairings are Bartre X Karla and Louise X Pent.

I'm seeing this every now and then throughout this thread, and with other similar topics... remember, people, that remaking is not translating.

http://www.serenesforest.net/gallery/fe2.html

On the FE4-5 topic. We're probably not going to see this translated on the Virtual Console in English, so the best chance of it showing up is in a title release in the states (handheld or console non-download). The best chance for THAT to happen is either a sudden resurgance in the SNES, or a rerelease of the game in Japan for the Wii or DS. While Translating and Remaking are separate, they are tied together.

And what I meant was when they made the Museum site for Fire Emblem 2. Its the only game that was given no character arts. Which I found on a whole disappointing, I love the art for all the Fire Emblem games.

Edited by Rakath

I would like to see FE6 remade the most. Roy is already famous in the US and Europe, so all they'd have to do to sell copies is put a gigantic picture of his face on the cover.I don't know why they didn't do that with Marth in FE11

I would also like to see FE3 remade, since they already remade the first part (FE11). FE4 would be cool, but it seems too complex and different to sell well in the West. Not that it isn't good, but IS will want a game that is assured to sell, and no one who isn't a hard-core FE fan knows anything about any of the FE4 characters.

Edited by Ragnell

On the FE4-5 topic. We're probably not going to see this translated on the Virtual Console in English, so the best chance of it showing up is in a title release in the states (handheld or console non-download).

While not entirely unlikely, I agree.

The best chance for THAT to happen is either a sudden resurgance in the SNES, or a rerelease of the game in Japan for the Wii or DS.

Yes. But just because a game comes out in Japan, does not mean that it will then come to foreign markets. While it would be unlikely not to, it's still not something so concrete as to guarantee a U.S. or European or Aussie release of the game.

Otherwise, Mr. Rainbow Man on the Wii would've been here by now >.>

I would like to see FE6 remade the most. Roy is already famous in the US and Europe, so all they'd have to do to sell copies is put a gigantic picture of his face on the cover. I don't know why they didn't do that with Marth in FE11

I would also like to see FE3 remade, since they already remade the first part (FE11). FE4 would be cool, but it seems too complex and different to sell well in the West. Not that it isn't good, but IS will want a game that is assured to sell, and no one who isn't a hard-core FE fan knows anything about any of the FE4 characters.

My brother knows who Sigurd is. And he's not a hardcore Fire Emblem fan. Infact, he barely likes RPGs, I think.

Yes. But just because a game comes out in Japan, does not mean that it will then come to foreign markets. While it would be unlikely not to, it's still not something so concrete as to guarantee a U.S. or European or Aussie release of the game.

Otherwise, Mr. Rainbow Man on the Wii would've been here by now >.>

There's a difference between "Mr. Rainbow Man" and "Fire Emblem" in that now (at least, not back when the NES/SNES era was around) we get all Fire Emblem releases worldwide in a usual timeframe after its Japanese release. There is still a slim, sliver, gleam of a chance we won't. However it's about the same as Nintendo going 'oh, Mario doesn't sell in America anymore' or Squeenix going 'we won't lose any money if we don't release the new Final Fantasy game in Europe'.

However, the way I see it. FE6 and FE3 have their foot in the international door already. They are easier to sell. Marth starring in Book 2 makes it an easy follow up to Shadow Dragon's recent remake. And Melee helps with the sales of Fire Emblem 6 Aka Fire Emblem: The one with that cute little Shota Roy in it. FE6 is also linked to 7, which was our first. And the first is always the most memorable.

FE4 is a new world (not exactly a bad thing, but it has nothing to build from for us to enjoy). There are some plot elements that (while I find them hilarious), some might find less than sellable in the states. I personally have no issue with these points, but some might.

Edited by Rakath

But then, there would be some fans who like to "take leaks" on the how the storyline unfolds, and try to force their pairing(s) on others just because they consider the pairing(s) they support "the correct ones." Even when the only known 100% "correct" pairings are Bartre X Karla and Louise X Pent.

Just going to mention that I think Ninian X Eli from 7 is fairly unlikely because Roy would slow-age like that purple-haired half-mamkute otherwise.

I know he's young for it to set in but I assume his endings would be different (cliched sad ending where she ages and dies while he stays same).

*Is shot for attacking Eliwood X Ninian*

Anyway the only sex I'd like to see made canon is Soren X Ike.

My brother knows who Sigurd is. And he's not a hardcore Fire Emblem fan. Infact, he barely likes RPGs, I think.

But is that because you told him? (I'm assuming you to be a hardcore FE fan) Or did he just find out independently?

Just going to mention that I think Ninian X Eli from 7 is fairly unlikely because Roy would slow-age like that purple-haired half-mamkute otherwise.

I know he's young for it to set in but I assume his endings would be different (cliched sad ending where she ages and dies while he stays same).

*Is shot for attacking Eliwood X Ninian*

Anyway the only sex I'd like to see made canon is Soren X Ike.

But is that because you told him? (I'm assuming you to be a hardcore FE fan) Or did he just find out independently?

but isn't Ninian half-mamkute already? who knows if the longevity still remains after having the dragon blood so diluted and stuff.

:o

but isn't Ninian half-mamkute already? who knows if the longevity still remains after having the dragon blood so diluted and stuff.

:o

Sophia didn't seem to have any problems.

In any case, chances are that being quarter-dragon wouldn't slow down his aging THAT much more.

Edited by Aless the Black Knight

Sophia didn't seem to have any problems.

In any case, chances are that being quarter-dragon wouldn't slow down his aging THAT much more.

Besides, if half-dragons in other Fire Emblem games are anything to go by, their aging resembles that of an ordinary beorc human until they're about 16. And Roy is 15 in FE6.

On second thought, they're not anything to go by, because they can't shapeshift.

Which brings up an interesting point, too; if Ninian is Roy's mother, can Roy shapeshift too?

Edited by Paper Jam