Exactly how do ambush and wrath not work well together?

General Spoon

I know they do something screwy and its not a good idea to put both on the same unit, but what exactly happens?

Well, Ambush weakens Wrath. It definitely doesn't cancel Wrath since otherwise Beo's Sword wouldn't have given both skills. I'm not sure exactly how but maybe Wrath's activation rate in counterattack decreases from 100% to something like 50% or something.

The producers must have figured out that the combination was too broken.

No, you know how Wrath doesn't activate on Player Phase? Vantage makes every battle like Player Phase. Therefore...Wrath never activates.

In that case, why does Beo's Sword give both Wrath and Ambush? In the enemy phase, Ambush always activates. If Ambush nullifies Wrath then why on earth would Beo's Sword give Wrath skill if it NEVER activates?

In that case, why does Beo's Sword give both Wrath and Ambush? In the enemy phase, Ambush always activates. If Ambush nullifies Wrath then why on earth would Beo's Sword give Wrath skill if it NEVER activates?

It'd probably only activate against an opponent with Ambush.

Edited by Arthur

Ambush works 100% of the time in FE5, though.

Really? I could have sworn that when using Delmudd when he first appears, with the Beo no Ken, against a Wyvern(Enemy Phase), Ambush didn't activate.

And there were other ocasions with Halvan and Machua, and I don't recall the enemy having Nihil.