Best in the series: Round 2

I think that Shanan begs to differ. Balmunk, huge dodge, huge damage output, decent defense, etc.

And 6 Movement, no reliable option for indirect attacking, and extremely money-intensive.

And geographicly the owner of the bargin ring.

Not necessarily. The Bargain Ring can be found in one of the villages in Chapter 2, so someone else could already have it.

And 6 Movement, no reliable option for indirect attacking, and extremely money-intensive.

Magic Swords are everywhere in FE4. They're quite rare in FE6, though.

Also, Shanan annihilates the arena. Money is no issue in Holy War.

He's really only comparable Levin!Sety in his own game, who joins 2 chapters later, at the tail end of said chapter, might I add.

In the Second Generation, not every characters has a mount and is going to be rushing ahead to kill things like in the first generation.

Take the start of Chapter 7 as an example.

Your army (assuming all characters were paired):

Celice

Lackhe

Skasaha

Lana

Oifey

Delmud

Lester

Fee

Arthur

Julia

Johan/Johalva

Patty

Shanan

Out of those 13 characters, four are mounted. The only one who's actually able to take a few hits or dodge reliably out of them would be Oifey. (Beowulf!Delmud only has 8 defense and 9 speed at base level, Lester's an Arch Knight, and Fee has 29 HP (lol) and 7 defense at base.)

Oh shit.

Lakche or Shanan... Lakche or Shanan...

Lakche has better growths and skills, but Shanan has Balmung...

So many uninformed people voting for inferior GBA swordmasters...

Meh, Lakche.

I'm going to vote for Rutger. I personally find him more useful in his game than most of the others. The descendants of Odo can go jump off a cliff.

Guy, because he has good stats, growths, and excellent availability. He's useful to the endgame.

By the way, does this include FE11 reclassed Swordmasters? If so, Abel gets 2nd place with me.

I'm gonna say Rutger for being wtfawesome in a game where most everyone sucks,Shanan and Lakche are great too,but the maps are too big for foot units when Oifay exists.

I am also going to go with FE10 Zihark, for being one of the few shining stars on the fail Brigade. Good all around stats, sweet Earth affinity, plus he can join Ike's team later on for even more EXP. Zihark has a good Endgame too, the RES boost compared to Edward or Mia helps in the final 3 chapters a lot.

Rutger or Joshua for me. 2 epic dudes right there. Also pretty dang useful for their team without arena (or tower/ruins in FE8)abuse. Hint hint Fir and Marisa hint hint.

*prepares to be attacked by fanboys*

Edited by Reinfleche