FE11 Class overhaul from FE1/3

Classes  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What Class did you feel FE11 needed, but was missing?

• Promoted Lord
    • Soldier / Halberdier
    • Horseback Magic user (Valkyrie, Mage Knight)
    • Horseback Axe user (Great Knight)
    • Armored Sword user
    • Promoted Thief (Rogue or Assassin)
    • Bard or Dancer
    • I think the class set was perfect as it is.
    • Reclass needed tweaking.
    • Armored Axe user

So, we know that FE11 has more classes/promotions than FE1. Tweaking the game to match the more current standards set. Hence the split between the Mercenary and Myrmidon classes, the addition of Falcoknights, everyone most getting to promote.

However what do you feel it could of used in its upgrades? Something that would of been useful but was missed.

I think that the Male/Female class sets needed a Soldier/Halberdier set and for one of the two Magic wielding promotions to be a horseback unit (Sage and Bishop seemed... redundant... especially with how they had equalized Magic/Resist growths).

Soldier was simply so that Unpromoted Cavaliers and Pegasus knights had a second option to promote into using lances. Allowing you to keep their Lance use when the chapter is filled with anti-flyer or anti-horseback weaponry.

Edited by Rakath

RECLASS NEEDS TWEAKING >: (

I want my all Berserker runthrough :(.

While that would be fun (and the game needed to give more spots for CERTAIN classes like, well, Berserkers, only two was a bit sparse), Being able to all one class would be overkill.

Then again, I'd settle for female Berserkers... The class separation seemed a bit sexist. Sorry ladies, you're not strong.

No, no, and most definitely no.

I don't mean with an event promotion, I mean an item promotion (best case, giving the Fire Emblem a Use command to promote. Worst is its an item you get whenever you retake Altea). However the added 10 levels and Fixed Promotion Stat increases wouldn't be a bad thing.

So long as they don't pull a Roy and make the Promotion something horrendous (like Chapter 23 - End. That'd be a horrendous Promotion event).

No, no, and absolutely positively not.

No promotion separates Marth from other Lords, and also gives him a more modest style to him as opposed to "LOOK AT HOW EPIC I AM".

He is fine stat wise. Most units in the game only go up to level 20/10-20/15 anyway, and 20/20 is a bit overkill unless you're a pre-promote.

Edited by Chainey

Marth is crazy strong without a class change, so I agree with Chainey. However, he really should of had a new animation when using Falchion, or give him the Fire Emblem as a shield at least. Throughout the whole game there's no visual change to show how he's getting stronger, unlike Mystery of the Emblem, which is a shame.

What was needed was Armor Knights or Generals using Swords. Why? Because they could in the NES game, that's why.

chara_e06.gif

I suppose Generals using Bows is pretty cool though.

I also felt sad that there were no Crossbows for Archers or different animations for the Ballistician weapons. I mean, in the NES game, the Pachyderm was a CANNON. That's just plain cool.

chara_e13.gif

Generally I felt the class system was great and considering all the variables, it's well balanced.

Edited by Violet

Personal preference begged the return of Mage Knight for me after FE9 and 10 gimped on that, but that wouldn't be true to FE1, so I didn't mind that.

So, I thought that the class setup was just fine. I also thought Marth being unable to class change was fine enough. It DID set him apart from others and still does.

I just miss that epic flash when he used the Falchion in FE3...

Edited by Mage Knight 404

I just miss that epic flash when he used the Falchion in FE3...

Well, still exists, sort of. Except now it's in the style of the GBA games. What I missed was the epic sword swings in the style of the Shield Breaker from Melee.

I think hunter vs. archer is completely redundant. Archers could have used more move and hunters could have gained a mount, so that IS could have avoided the overkill growths on Sedgar and Wolf.

I agree. Archers have more defense than Hunters, but so what? They aren't supposed to be in the front lines anyway. And 5 move is horrendous, especially when Hunters get more move in their tier one AND tier two (along with the ability to use swords). Snipers should either get crossbows or a 2-3 range as compensation. >:\

I agree. Archers have more defense than Hunters, but so what? They aren't supposed to be in the front lines anyway. And 5 move is horrendous, especially when Hunters get more move in their tier one AND tier two (along with the ability to use swords). Snipers should either get crossbows or a 2-3 range as compensation. >:\

Horsemen can't use Longbows.

Snipers should get a bit more of an Acc/Crit Buff than the 5% they get currently.

However All four classes are from the original game... so it isn't exactly a shock that all four are in FE11 (even if Archers do get a bit of a raw deal here).

Snipers are fine as they are, actually. It's raising an Archer and promoting him to Sniper that's the huge issue.

I don't see the issue (at least on Normal)... since it isn't that hard to Weapon EXP them due to Promotional gains. Raise them as a Myrmi/Cav/Pegasi and Reclass later. They come in with a C-Rank.

Hard you're turtling a bit more so its not like you lose much with the lower movement since the party won't be blazing trails across the level.

I forgot about C Rank bows for Snipers. Makes them even better off the bat as a class, though by the time you are getting Snipers you'll be wanting to use Silver which will require raising weapon level.

Hard you're turtling a bit more so its not like you lose much with the lower movement since the party won't be blazing trails across the level.
Hunters are still better though. Stronger so they work better as Chip damage if we're going to argue that they're not going to get hit anyway.

Am I the only one who's never had much trouble using Archers in FE? Okay, you need to be careful with them but the same can be said for Mages. Mages drop like flies if someone gets a physical attack in (or, hey, if a strong Archer snipes them). Archers are for taking out enemy Archers (which are often stationed in places other units can't reach easily) and for dealing with flying units (which they obviously destroy pretty easily).

Aside from that, they're there to help weaken other units for others (or finish them off if they need EXP). Using Archers is a fairly simple deal and once they become Snipers they can be utterly, utterly devastating.

Oh, and Longbows and Killer Bows are terrifyingly good at times.

That all said, Hunters are good too, but they're pretty much the same aside from the extra movement anyway.

Raising Archers (despite my suggestion to just skip it and reclass them later) hasn't been an issue for me. They also are pretty easy to Arena (due to the limited enemy units to fight them).

That all said, Hunters are good too, but they're pretty much the same aside from the extra movement anyway.

and the vastly superior atk/spd

and the vastly superior atk/spd

Which side?

As Hunter's 'vastly superior' Base Atk (+1 on Archer) and Base speed (+2), and while it has 20% Strength growth (to Archer's 10) Hunter's 'vastly superior' Speed Growth is... 5% less. The caps are equally similar between Horseman and Sniper. (Sniper's have a higher skill, Horseman a higher Speed).