Anima Magic

Through out the past fire emblem games i have played i have learned that Dark Magic has something to do with learning about dark ancient forces and submitting yourself to thee power it offers and eventualy become consumed by power. I learned that light magic involves un-fettered faith and in returned you are granted powers of lgiht magic. But i haven't learned how anima magic works lore-wise, can anyone give me a source that explains this?

I would assume it has to do with studying nature and the elements.

This is correct. Anima is also called Nature. It's all about the elements, of which there are four main Anima (although Wind, Water and Ice seem to be connected).

This is correct. Anima is also called Nature. It's all about the elements, of which there are four main Anima (although Wind, Water and Ice seem to be connected).

What he said. It's also revealed in Fe7 that anima is the easiest form of magic to control, as explained in Canas's supports with Nino. It's also why Hugh, Canas's son in Fe6, prefers anima to become a mage, instead of a shaman, as explained in their B support, as Hugh cries, when Canas shows him flux. :P wimp.

Also, for anima magic, the connection to the spellbook is weaker than others, as it is revealed that Nino can't read, and so, she just copied the sounds Sonia made, and learned to cast fire just by imitating Sonia's words like a parrot.

And if you think that's right... Soren should have been able to memorize all of his spells in 3 years then have to look at a dumb book. -_-

Edited by Ryuzaki

Take a look here for our earlier discussion on all types of magic: The Magic Philosophy

It is said to be controlled by spirits, and there is a limit to how much power each person can achieve. It (we guessed) is determined by the amount of soul, or quintessence, you have. That last part is just a guess, but it makes sense. See that link for a much more in-depth explanation.

Edited by Ragnell

Good read, but then again, what does that have to do with the theory of Anima Magic?

I understand most of the topic, but what about Fire, Thunder, Elfire, Elwind, Bolting etc.

Where do they draw THEIR power from?

In your post, you only mentioned light and dark. and how quintessence is the mutual power in everything... of deities and souls of light and the user's own life and exterior spirits for dark...

but what about... NATURE?

I would assume it has to do with studying nature and the elements.

Of course not, that's what you all might think, but it just takes reading the spells and shouting them out, you would know this if you read Erk & Nino's B support conversation:

She said she just says the spell, she imitated Sonia's chanting.

Good read, but then again, what does that have to do with the theory of Anima Magic?

I understand most of the topic, but what about Fire, Thunder, Elfire, Elwind, Bolting etc.

Where do they draw THEIR power from?

In your post, you only mentioned light and dark. and how quintessence is the mutual power in everything... of deities and souls of light and the user's own life and exterior spirits for dark...

but what about... NATURE?

I also mentioned that magic is controlled by spirits. It says so in this convo below(I bolded it). Plus, it talks about how spirits feed off you when you become a spirit charmer. So basically, spirits control magic and people control magic by controlling spirits. Don't know how you do that by reading from a book, but oh well.

Calill: Ha ha ha! Oh, Tormod. I have only shown you the tip of the magical iceberg. Anyone can learn that much with hard work and practice. Maybe not as quickly as you, but... Whether you can go further, however, depends on your own essence.

Tormod: My essence?

Calill: The abilities that you were born with... or lack. Having a certain essence is the key to mastering magic.

Tormod: Wh-what do you think? Do I have a magical essence?

Calill: Sorry, Tormod. But you and I, we're nothing special. Some talent, yes. But not the true essence.

Tormod: Then...this is it? This is as far as I'll go? I can't be the world's mightiest mage, no matter how hard I try?

Calill: Well, there is a way to improve magical abilites beyond one's essence, but... even that has limits. And a price.

Tormod: What kind of way?

Calill: You let a spirit come into your body. It's called Spirit Charming.

Tormod: That sounds crazy!

Calill: Some would say so. Magic comes from these spirits--from their interactions with the natural world. If you take that power into your body, your magic will see a dramatic and powerful improvement. In plain language, you turn your body into bait. You get better magic, and the spirit gets...you.

Tormod: W-what? It...it EATS you?

Calill: As I understand it...the spirit will slowly consume your soul in exchange for essence. So I suggest you not make such a bargain unless you're absolutely prepared.

The magic is bound in a book, or something. I remember reading something about this somewhere in FE3, let me try and dig it up.

Found it.

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem

Script translation (Book 2)

Chapter 9: Sanctuary of sorcery

Map opening

After much struggle, Marth finally escaped and arrived on Khadein soil.

He then waited for the rest of his troops to catch up.

The magic city, Khadein, is a sanctuary for mages.

Many prospecting mages go there to undergo vigorous training.

The basis of Sorcery relies on sealing nature's hidden power into tomes and staves, and freely using those to harness great power.

Hundreds of years ago, a sage created an academy here, and taught his life's teachings to people.

However, originally designed to bring happiness to people, magic was used in conflicts, and was bought and sold in masses.

The sage was disappointed, and disappeared without a trace.

Although it seems hard to believe, some people say that sage was Archsage Gato.

But right now, those who can wield tomes and staves are limited to a few high bishops.

But even they can only use weak Fire and Live magic.

Powerful magic like Aura cannot be created without the power of Orbs.

Also, those who can wield such powerful magic are limited in number.

This was chosen to be by the will of its creator.

Magic city Khadein...

A proud and almighty Sanctuary of Sorcery.

Edited by Dr. Claw

Of course not, that's what you all might think, but it just takes reading the spells and shouting them out, you would know this if you read Erk & Nino's B support conversation:

She said she just says the spell, she imitated Sonia's chanting.

Oh, you're right.

My bad.

:o

Oh, you're right.

My bad.

:o

No problem, it is a very common misconception.

----------------------

Light magic works different on Micaiah I think since she just needs to chant the spells.

I know this only counts for FE9+10.

Didn't Ike say something about only knowing the old language for spells?

And for Soren not remembering the spells: Pages! 1 page plus speaking for spell.

They're written in Galdrar.

That's how Soren was able to read the writing on the walls in FE9.