Event Preparations

Deity

Seeing as to I want to be serious about this deal, I decided to post this here in General and not in FFTF where silliness and other silly topics would just bury it. Not only is this intended for regular members here, but also for the Ads and Mods, or the people with power, because they have a saying in all this too.

I decided to leave this thread open for those who are interested in joining particular groups that I will invent if this thing passes.

Before I go on, lemme assure you that I do know what I am doing, and that I really think this has a chance of becoming another source of fun here in our beloved SF.

Anyway, if any of you wish to join these groups, or the activities that I have planned, here is a list of what is to be expected from this deal.

1. First and foremost, I want to make up this group thingy for us to have fun here in the forums, nothing else. I have heard talks about groups and competitions, but nothing seems to happen, so I have decided to take that step forward. Now I know there are members here who think this sort of thing wont ever be successful, but there are others who would wish to try, and for those, I am willing to fight on with this. I decided to implement some stuff into the Academy I wanted to make, and this is it. It is now atm known as The SF Academy.

2. There would be rules to follow if this event comes to pass. Those from the site and more that could be made for this sort of event.

3. There would be a ranking system for all members and clans that join. Everyone starts from the bottom, just like a darn recruit. By solving puzzles, quizzes, events, etc, members will gain EXP and level up, thus acquiring new ranking and in-game items that will be usable in some way during this event.

4. Every clan needs a leader, and so when people join and we finally have enough to get it going, I shall determine who will be the first leader for a particular group. Worry not, if you are not chosen as a leader, you can quickly replace one if things go your way.

5. If I need assistance with it, I would probably let a few of you help me out, though I know I can tackle it myself.

6. As a final note, we will use this thread for those of you who wish to join in. Just say something that lets me know you are in. Once I acquire enough people to get going, the doors for the event will close. See it as a private academy that closes its doors once the members are in. They will open once again after the first year ends, which of course is just imaginary, it could be a month, less, or more, etc. Until then, nobody else will be able to join during that span of time. At the end, awards to the best members will be given; Awards that can be displayed in siggy if the staff agrees to let us use small icons. Aside from all that, records will be kept and in the future will be broken.

Anyway, I am serious about this, so I expect you peeps to be serious about it too. XD The more we sign up, the faster we can get this thing going.

*Signs up* XD

The formation of parallel military groups in crumbling regimes is common, and their attempts to establish the own "rule" and "ranking" systems, extraneous to those of the accepted system, help establish the legitimacy of these groups. Although parallel military organizations may exist alongside the current regime for extended periods of time, the eventual conflict over legitimacy, conflicting rule systems, and questions of authority, will inevitably and invariably drive the groups into conflict. It is therefore in the best interest of any regime to cull any attempts at establishing dual legitimacy.

Fortunately, without a broad base of support, and with a strong state capable of denying such calls for legitimacy, the ruling power almost always succeeds over the contesting power, and the dying gasps of those at leading these groups as they grope desperately for power are lost in the cavernous halls of history, until even their name is forgotten.

Copy pasta~

Edited by Black Knight

Change of plans. I will still go on with it, except that I just came to realize I will need more space for it, not just a single thread. Things would crowd up and so I must use a full forum for this kind of thing.

Of course, nobody is forced to join, but if you want to have a taste of it, you are welcomed to do so. And it wont be a big ass forum, but it will have a few sections for the Academy thingy and perhaps a writing section.

When I have it ready, I shall post a link in my sig of it.