How many protoss carriers would it take to destroy a Star Destroyer?

It only took around 30 fighters in the movie, and each carrier can hold 8 interceptors at once, and carriers can rebuild interceptors.

I'm thinking its more about getting enough interceptors at the exhaust-thingy than anything else. All that would have to be done is to get one good shot off. So I'll say, maybe a dozen carriers at most?

Although the fighters are too small and would evade their turbolasers, the carriers are extremely vulnerable to fire, and the fighters are destroyed when the carrier is detonated. It would take a thousand starships with more firepower than I've ever seen.

Although the fighters are too small and would evade their turbolasers, the carriers are extremely vulnerable to fire, and the fighters are destroyed when the carrier is detonated. It would take a thousand starships with more firepower than I've ever seen.

Yes, I know that the carriers being shot would be a problem. It depends on how long the carrier's shields can hold out.

I'm going to see if I can compare the turbolasers's power to something...I'm post it when I'm done.

Okay, so carriers have 300 HP, and 150 shields. So an effective health of 450.

A Yamoto Gun blast is 250 damage.

A Battlecrusier's ATA Laser Battery blast is 25 damage.

A Scout's Anti-Matter Missiles do 28 damage.

A Dark Templar's Warp Blades deal 40 damage. Are these similar enough to light sabers to be considered?

Something tells me that those turbolasers are going to tear the carriers apart. I'm going to try and figure out how big arbiters are.

Okay, so aribiters would be too big to cloak the carriers and not be shot down. Arbiters are large enough to have their own crews, it seems.

Edited by Dr. Claw

Tassadar's Gantrithor sterilized the planet Chau Sara with ease, but I assume you expect only conventional Carriers to be employed employed in this assault. The attack will be far more effective in the hands of an individual who can micro Carriers efficiently so as to keep them at the maximum possible range from the Star Destroyer. How many Carriers would be needed may depend on who would be chosen to command them.

Would the turbolasers likely deal explosive or normal type damage?

Edited by CaptainWistmarre

Tassadar's Gantrithor sterilized the planet Chau Sara with ease, but I assume you expect only conventional Carriers to be employed employed in this assault. The attack will be far more effective in the hands of an individual who can micro Carriers efficiently so as to keep them at the maximum possible range from the Star Destroyer. How many Carriers would be needed may depend on who would be chosen to command them.

Would the turbolasers likely deal explosive or normal type damage?

The Battlecruiser's Laser Batteries deal normal damage, so I suppose the turbolasers would probably deal normal damage as well.

Seeing as how Luke's single ship could blow up the death star, I don't know what to believe in regards to this.

You forgot that they sacrificed about 28 ships before he blew the thing up. And he would've been shot down if Lone Star Han Solo didn't save his butt.

Hmm. A for effort.