"Friends with benefits"

DeSu

I will be the first to say NO.

My friends are there to relieve stress, not cause it. Emotion aside, I don't want to deal with the unintended side effects of casual sex. Fortunately, my friends understand this.

Don't get too self-righteous there, I essentially said no (though given the wording of the OP it was more open ended than a y/n sort of thing), as did a few others before (and after, in Bohemund's case) me. Just because one is not offended by the idea doesn't mean they'd leap headfirst into something like this. Or are you saying you're offended by other people entering into such a deal?

That said, sex is actually a pretty decent means of stress relief -- it can lower blood pressure (as would any other physical activity, over time) and release endorphins (and maybe dopamine, in the case of a more emotional connection -- maybe a given?), as well as some other things I should remember but don't.

I will be the first to say NO.

My friends are there to relieve stress, not cause it. Emotion aside, I don't want to deal with the unintended side effects of casual sex. Fortunately, my friends understand this.

If you think sex causes stress, you are woefully naive.

And if you are competent, there are no side effects. You wrap it and she's on the pill. That's how it works.

• 2 months later...

Well, even though the last reply is from March, I'm going to respond anyways seeing as it's on first page:

I think friends with benefits can be a good thing since it's basically getting the benefits of a relationship without the commitment. But keep in mind that being friends with benefits will either cause you to fall in love with that friend or end up having drama big enough that can end your friendship. Also some of your friends with benefits may still get a little jealous and cause drama over people who may have romantic interests with you.

But even though I said all that, I rather just have a girlfriend.

Edited by Joey

Well as long as we aren't involving our lives, my friends are cool. But some guy is being a prick to me because I did not want to be his friend and stalks me and makes up gay-shit rumors because of it. Glad the school year ended so I don't have to see that dick anymore.(The stalker guy)

But keep in mind that being friends with benefits will either cause you to fall in love with that friend or end up having drama big enough that can end your friendship.
Bullshit. Two mature halfway-intelligent adults will have no such problems.
Also some of your friends with benefits may still get a little jealous and cause drama over people who may have romantic interests with you.
And I 'may' go buy a winged pony. Doesn't mean it's all that fuckin' likely.
But even though I said all that, I rather just have a girlfriend.
Don't worry, the choice isn't yours.

Psychologically speaking, this is probably better than something like casual sex with strangers or a one on one relationship. If you're trusting enough with your friends (and not stupid), I don't see any reason why friends with benefits would be bad. I mean really ask yourself, you "fall in love" with someone, do you REALLY feel different with them than your friends? Choosing one is basically just saying they're your BESTEST friend, which is...Childish.

Another bright side is friends tend to be more trusting, and thus it is easier to find out about possible infections, and thus you are cleaner for it. Unless you're friends with a douchebag, then I guess you're SOL.

This is me, saying "If you fuck with your friends, you'll be friends forever"....Unless it turns out you're an unlikable prick, or incredibly stupid.

Or maybe I'm naive.

Psychologically speaking, this is probably better than something like casual sex with strangers or a one on one relationship. If you're trusting enough with your friends (and not stupid), I don't see any reason why friends with benefits would be bad. I mean really ask yourself, you "fall in love" with someone, do you REALLY feel different with them than your friends? Choosing one is basically just saying they're your BESTEST friend, which is...Childish.

Uh, what? I mean really, what the fuck? "I wuv u, ur my bestest friend <3". That really how it works for ya?

I wouldn't mind watching an anime where that sort of thing is happening. Do any exist?

Well, to answer myself on this... School Days is the perfect candidate.

I am currently on a "friend with benefits" kind of relationship, nothing too serious, we don't have sex because well it's hard to find girls who even want this kind of relationships, it is even harder (if not impossible) to find someone who'd want to have sex.

Anyway it's my ideal relationship where I just fool around with the girl and nothing more, I just hope she doesn't end up wanting to be more, because I really don't want a long term serious relationship right now.

But really, friends with benefits FTW :lol:

I am currently on a "friend with benefits" kind of relationship, nothing too serious, we don't have sex because well it's hard to find girls who even want this kind of relationships, it is even harder (if not impossible) to find someone who'd want to have sex.
So you're saying it's entirely unlike it.

Well, I'm sold.

(And it's not hard at all, so long as you aren't a completely hideous chud and have at least a smidge of confidence.)

So you're saying it's entirely unlike it.

Well, I'm sold.

(And it's not hard at all, so long as you aren't a completely hideous chud and have at least a smidge of confidence.)

I was talking about my circle of friends, where the majority wouldn't even fool around with someone unless they are boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean all my girl friends are virgins, so really it would be impossible for me to have sex with these friends. Now if I looked harder, and outside my circle of friends then of course it wouldn't be as hard. But yeah pretty much my friends aren't that horny/desperate/looking for this kind of relationship.

Oh I forgot to give my caustic, polarized, and totally observer-based opinion on the subject. I think friends with benefits are a sign of wretched, pathetic hedonism, but I don't care what other people do. But its all about trust for me and I certainly would never trust, in whatever matter, a single one of my friends. Its hard enough trusting a significant other in any manner.

Edited by Crepe Knight