Huh... Month old glitches from yaymarsha.

http://yaymarsha.blogspot.com/

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this. I randomly decided to visit his blog again.

Speaking of that, I noticed that the programmers forgot to fix a glitch with that feature. If you warp someone away by doing that, the game still thinks the person is in that spot (for one turn). Hello invisible Light Rune/convoy/trade partner. Makes me wonder if the supports work too, because it would be rather amusing to have someone receiving support from a unit on the opposite end of the map. Also worth noting that you can select the warped unit (ha, word choice) from the tile they were at, but you can't really do anything because it's still out of range.

[Random thought that just hit me while I wrote that last sentence]: What happens if you warp the unit only a few spaces away, and move them around after selecting the original spot? Do I smell Tibarn the Astronaut cooking again? Probably not, but I'll test that later.

[Edit]: I've tested this "glitch" some more, and there is no Tibarn to be found (sadly). I'll note some observations I made though:

- It does not function as an invisible Light Rune during the enemy phase. It only appears to limit enemy movement during the player phase, but they just run right through it.

- You can use the Talk command normally. I sent Sheeda to the top right of Chapter 15 and had Oguma talk to the square where she was, and they spoke to each other as if everything was normal.

- I had Marth trade items with himself (no neat side effects though). Yes, you read that right.

- Terrain bonus does not carry over to the new location.

- If you warp a unit a short distance away and select their invisible version, the cursor arrow automatically draws to that spot (you can't move there). Nothing else neat to note about that.

[End of edit]

Doesn't sound practical since it doesn't give the effects he was hoping for, but it's still interesting that this was found.

Now here's something really interesting:

1. Warp the target unit anywhere close. Skip the warp animation quickly. If done properly, the unit will have a hidden clone in their original location.

2. Select the second staff user and make them move adjacent to the clone.

3. Select the Warp staff and then press left or right. The game will lock up, requiring you to power off/on to continue. The music won't stop playing, oddly enough.

That's it. With such an easy glitch, you have made the debug department at Intelligent Systems look stupid.

There is also another interesting side effect of this glitch that I want to keep to myself for now. Once I get my hands on some good AA batteries, I'll record all the neat things this glitch can do (I said neat, not awesome). After that, I'll combine them into one video and slap it up on my YouTube account. Please look forward to that.

So not only can Sirius' Zagaro destroy my game, but now warp staves can too. BROKEN TIER THINGS MAKE MY GAME ILL.