• Igrene
    • Garret
    • Douglas
    • Niime
    • Dayan
    • Juno
    • Yodel
    • Karel

Really can they change the stats when translating?

Well, I'm not saying from personal experience, I checked the growths from the Sword of Seals section.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, did you just suggest that you don't want to go to Sacae? You are aware at the Peg fail in this game aren't you? Shin is the single most valubale unit out of the 4 you can train/not train for that branch. Shin should be fielded in every playthrough you play for rnak due to his pwn of Wyverns, mobility, and and good stats. Sue makes a case for being fielded if your willing to baby her/heal spam her. She is certainly better than Thany or Tate. Sacae may be harder, but its toally worth it.

Lol, did you just suggest that you don't want to go to Sacae? You are aware at the Peg fail in this game aren't you? Shin is the single most valubale unit out of the 4 you can train/not train for that branch. Shin should be fielded in every playthrough you play for rnak due to his pwn of Wyverns, mobility, and and good stats. Sue makes a case for being fielded if your willing to baby her/heal spam her. She is certainly better than Thany or Tate. Sacae may be harder, but its toally worth it.

Since when is Tate bad? She is better than Shin at least. Thany's not as good, but she at least is better than Sue, who sucks pretty badly. Then there's the fact that people generally don't want to go to Sacae I think because it's a lot tougher.

It's true that people don't want to go to Sacae, high speed nomads make it difficult for you to double them which results in some difficulty for the combat rank... they're also more accurate and have critical hit rates so you can expect those if you're using units with low luck.

The Ilia pegasus knights are morons mostly using Steel Lances which is dropping their speed by about 8, making it possible for even crap like Lilina to double them.

And yes there's lots of Wyvern units in this and going to Ilia only makes it even better for Klein but being stuck to bow still hurts him.

Edited by Sirius

Lolz, Shin with enemy bonuses > Tate easily. Bows are much much better than in most games here, and once he promotes, and has swords to attack in CQB, he can be a beast. Thany or Tate>Sue I buy, but no way is Shin below either of them. Easily trained and pwn against the most prevalent enemy, with equal mobility, equals win.

Shin should be fielded in every playthrough you play for rnak due to his pwn of Wyverns, mobility, and and good stats.

That's what I did, I trained both Shin and Sue to Nomadic Troopers, they are simply awesome.

It's true that people don't want to go to Sacae, high speed nomads make it difficult for you to double them which results in some difficulty for the combat rank... they're also more accurate and have critical hit rates so you can expect those if you're using units with low luck.

The Ilia pegasus knights are morons mostly using Steel Lances which is dropping their speed by about 8, making it possible for even crap like Lilina to double them.

And yes there's lots of Wyvern units in this and going to Ilia only makes it even better for Klein but being stuck to bow still hurts him.

My Lilina maxed speed by then <_< , she will probaly for you too if you train her.

I take Miledy to Sacae, exactly no bow user can harm her because of her Delphi Shield.

Lolz, Shin with enemy bonuses > Tate easily. Bows are much much better than in most games here, and once he promotes, and has swords to attack in CQB, he can be a beast. Thany or Tate>Sue I buy, but no way is Shin below either of them. Easily trained and pwn against the most prevalent enemy, with equal mobility, equals win.

Tate gets HM bonuses in case you didn't know. And how is a horse = in mobility to flight? And although there are a lot of Wyvern enemies, Tate still isn't stuck to 2 range until promotion. She also has decent supports in Klein and Thany. Shin's only got Fir, but Fir is more likely to grab some Noah and Rutger.

That's what I did, I trained both Shin and Sue to Nomadic Troopers, they are simply awesome.

Klein needs no training to be an awesome bow user, and he doesn't send my ass to Sacae. Even with Shin being godly even being used later, he still needs to be trained up.

My Lilina maxed speed by then <_< , she will probaly for you too if you train her.

My Saul maxed Defense and Luck, your point? Lillina in reality is very slow, and doesn't fix the fact she starts slow.

I take Miledy to Sacae, exactly no bow user can harm her because of her Delphi Shield.

Or we could just not go to Sacae and never have to worry about it.

Honestly, Ilia is easy. I suck at rank pay, but beating the chapter before it's gaiden in 5 turns without thieves...If I can do it, others should be able to do it.

But to be on topic, Klein may not be the best unit, but he's definitely one of the better prepromotes.

Edited by Grandjackal

Finally, somebody who like Niime, I like her for combat AND for staves too.

Well Niime's not bad really. Auto A in both staffs and dark magic, pretty awesome starting stats (though her speed is crumby), can do nice chip damage and A staffs is pretty awesome, not to mention she has the magic to put them to good use.

Gets killed easy, but still pretty good considering.

Just because Shin is the best out of the four does not mean he is any good - the other three are pretty crappy. If you don't touch any of them, you go to Ilia at any rate, and Ilia definitely is easier than Sacae. There's plenty of good teams if you don't use Shin, and your entire team practically gets a huge boost by going to Ilia instead of Sacae (they all have an easier time beating pegs than nomads).

And what level was she? Arena abused? Yeah... no thanks. I should probably mention that if I had gone to Sacae, she would've been doubled by the Nomads. Fun time!

As for Shin, as great as he is, he still suffers from the same problem as Snipers: Cannot counter-attack directly. Being able to use swords after promotion sure sounds nice... but let's not forget that that pretty soon you'll be facing Wyverns that pack lots of defense and using a sword would give them WTA. Not a good thing.

Ilia >>> Sacae. Why go to a place where you'll have trouble doubling? For Dayan? Bleh, he sucks.

Igrene is win, she doesn't need HM bonuses, now Klein...Klein isn't better than Igrene, well, his growths are, but who uses him?

WHAT

Did you just say that he's statistically better, but he sucks because you don't use him...?

I voted Echidna. i used her on my first playthrough, and she turned out all right.... I hear percival's pretty good, but i never used him

*on a side note, she seems to be the only character other than Lilana who gives Gonzales any respect >_<

I voted Echidna. i used her on my first playthrough, and she turned out all right.... I hear percival's pretty good, but i never used him

*on a side note, she seems to be the only character other than Lilana who gives Gonzales any respect >_<

Is good? Dammit, he STARTS good! He's...amazing! He just shows up to be awesome! Give him a shot next time, he won't dissapoint.

Gonzales can be friends with Treck, as bad a support that is...

WHAT

Did you just say that he's statistically better, but he sucks because you don't use him...?

Growths aren't everything. Bases count for a lot too. If I remember right, in normal mode it takes ages for Klein to catch up to Igrene, and even in Hard mode he starts out the equivalent of a couple levels down.

Growths aren't everything. Bases count for a lot too. If I remember right, in normal mode it takes ages for Klein to catch up to Igrene, and even in Hard mode he starts out the equivalent of a couple levels down.

I know. I wasn't saying that Klein > Igrene since, honestly, I couldn't care less about that argument. I was wondering what the hell he was trying to say in that post? It was just... wow.

Edited by Julius

That's right bases, Igrene has better base stats than Klein.

That's right bases, Igrene has better base stats than Klein.

Barely when factoring in HM bonuses. And in exchange, she cannot use Silver Bow, takes kill favouritism to get to S bows, has Fa for her only viable support, and doesn't have a period of time where she is statistically superior to the units on the main team.

Edited by Mekkah