Orson

But Orson ends up not making use of that exp because he goes poofy after that. If Ephraim, Kyle or Forde get a kill, they can put it to use because they can keep the exp after the chapter while Orson destroys it.

nah. he betrayed his country and almost killed a hottie Eirika

What? Do not deny what is real...

I can't say I like him story-wise, or the role he plays as a playable unit. I can do perfectly fine without him.

Yeah, he isn't usegul since nearly everybody(Or I should say everybody) is easy in that chapter & besides you will unlock him after beating the game & and one of the Tower Of Valni floors, by then your Seth(If used) could be way better.

But Orson ends up not making use of that exp because he goes poofy after that.

The purpose of the game isn't to grow units though, it's to beat it safely and efficiently. Orson excels in both those areas, even if it is for one chapter.

But Orson ends up not making use of that exp because he goes poofy after that. If Ephraim, Kyle or Forde get a kill, they can put it to use because they can keep the exp after the chapter while Orson destroys it.
It's not like Seth does anything with the 4 EXP he gets for a generic kill either.

It's not like losing 30 EXP on a kill is much worse than losing 26 EXP on a kill. If you're giving up that 26 EXP on a kill anyway, you're not thinking "but look on the bright side, Seth is 1/25 of the way closer to gaining a level!"

Edited by dondon151

• 1 month later...

I never used Orson, but then again I NEVER use pre-promotes unless I'm forced to. That goes for Orson.

He's never touched an enemy in 5x; Kyle, Forde and Ephraim (mainly this beast) kills the enemies. Even in Creature Campaign, once I get him..."Oh look! R00n Sw0rd! *takes and benches*"

You're all wrong. Clearly Orson is easy mid to high tier.

Want to dwell on stats? He has enough Con to conceal a blade within his doublet, with no AS penalty. What's more is he comes with an innate A support with his wife. In a game where supports are hard to raise, this is a huge advantage. This alone makes up for his lack of availability.

Character wise, he brings some of the little tension the story has, and his obsession adds some flavour. +50 rep for being necrophiliac. That's hot.

Yeah. Orson is a real lifesaver in 5x, especially when you near the bend, and turn to go down on the way to the throne. He's a perfect wall/rescuer to dash in, wait, and drop off your units while being impervious to the monks, mages, shamans, and fighter. XD

That you shouldn't be using him to fight, only to lure enemies while unarmed.

You wouldn't. Of course, I rarely use Metis' Tome, Afa's Drops, Juna Fruit/Nut anyways, so...

I thought you could only get the Juna Fruit via codes?

What the heck does a Juna Fruit do anyway?

and he hogs EXP on a chapter that Ephraim can solo on HM.

Everyone who kills things "hogs EXP". You can't hold that against him just because he leaves.

Besides, there is no such thing as that in this game anyway.

-----

There is one question though. What happens if you actually get him killled on purpose in the chapter that he is playable in? And when you actually use him in that chapter...does he get to keep the EXP that he gained from the main story into the CC?

And using Orson isn't recommended, at all. He destorys easy EXP.

Everyone who kills things "hogs EXP". You can't hold that against him just because he leaves.

-----

There is one question though. What happens if you actually get him killled on purpose in the chapter that he is playable in? And when you actually use him in that chapter...does he get to keep the EXP that he gained from the main story into the CC?

When Orson dies in that chapter he just retreats, no he dosen't get the exp he got from chapter 5 to Creature Campaign, and Juna fruit lowers level of a unit by one when used.

-----

When Orson dies in that chapter he just retreats, no he dosen't get the exp he got from chapter 5 to Creature Campaign, and Juna fruit lowers level of a unit by one when used.

It's 1-5 levels, probably depending upon the Level of the character already. Listed between the Solar Brace and Dragonstone

http://serenesforest.net/fe8/item.htm

Want to dwell on stats? He has enough Con to conceal a blade within his doublet, with no AS penalty. What's more is he comes with an innate A support with his wife. In a game where supports are hard to raise, this is a huge advantage. This alone makes up for his lack of availability.

Character wise, he brings some of the little tension the story has, and his obsession adds some flavour. +50 rep for being necrophiliac. That's hot.

But supports only work with character that are alive!

I don't get why people are talking about using the Fruit on CC characters when you can just max out all their stats from buying stat boosters at the secret shops.

Even if I had a juna fruit, I definitely wouldn't use it on him or any of the creature Campaign characters.

But I agree with you on the stat boosters. That's probably the simpler route than just...killing things with them O_o

Edited by p00nage 4

Lloyd and Linus have an A support in the final chapter of FE7.

Lloyd and Linus have an A support in the final chapter of FE7.

Off-Topic: I'm surprised Lloyd and Linus didn't have a support with their Father at all. I know they're never really near each other (unless you count the final Chapter, but Brendan's usually dead by that point), but father, son bond? >_>

HE DOESN'T KNOW, SHH!

This is awesome since then Orson gets full support bonuses and doesn't need an extra slot.

With the excuse of an auto A support with a character's wife I could easily say Dorcas will beat the hell out of everyone in his starting chapter.

What about Pent?

I have no opinion about Orson, I'll kill him later anyway.. yey wall. Kyle could solo it too..

• 3 weeks later...

I have no opinion about Orson, I'll kill him later anyway.. yey wall. Kyle could solo it too..[/color][/font]

Then Forde can too :D .

I was just asking what did people think of Orson. C'mon, he has awesome growths for a pre-promote! And he's a good tank :awesome: .