Lux's Luscious Lair of Sprites!

Lux Aeterna

I'm certain none of you forgot me. I'm pretty sure a fair amount of you know me for one thing: spriting. My thread was lost in the time warp, and so was my account. The thread was gone, and my computer died, erasing my works. So I have to start clean. I only have two things left: My self portrait, and Sarina. (Update June 23: Eh, you lose works you make new ones. : D) I'll show you Lux (me!) first. Mugshot and still sprite included. : D

2e0o1l3.png

Yes, admittedly, although I said I wanted to include a knife, I haven't figured out how... When I figure it out, and am ok with the results I'll show it. Next one is Sarina! Mugshot and still sprite also included. : D

20s7j0k.png

And that battle sprite I made myself with no help. : D It's a combination of a sniper body, along with Roy's sword. : D And if you look closely, you can faintly make out Sarina's headband in the sprite. The mugshot however, had a lot of touching up thanks to Bohemund, Marthur, and Riku. Thanks go to you three. Next up is Fa's battle sprite, done according to the official art.

msnlvt.png

I left the hood there because I'm virtually certain Fa is hiding one back there. Personally I don't like the cape (it was my first try, please don't go too hard), but... The recoloring itself is kind of nice in my opinion. Next up is Farina's official art.

ddyoo7.png

I made the sprite like that so you could really notice the change in her clothing. Next up is one of the most modified battle sprites to date. Introducing... The bloodgoyle!

1238tvs.png

Ok, that makes my eyes bleed a little, but... Consider it a third tier for the goyle family. The changes are still small. They are: Tail modified sort of to look devil-like; given double swords; recolored. This stuff really starts to get fun when I get better at it! : D

I believe credits are in order. Let me know if I've forgotten you.

First thank you goes to FEplanet, my main source of sprites, mugshots, and all other stuff.

Teachan (Ar-Wing, for those of you that don't know why I said that), you have critiqued almost all of my sprites. Thank you!

Bakeneko, you have critiqued many of my sprites as well. You are the one who helps me make those little-large touchups that really build up. Merci, monsieur (you're French, so naturally that kind of thank you is in order. XD)!

Freohr Datia, you are the one who helped me get started with spriting. You've even seen my first sprite that was ever published, and you know it wasn't pretty. O_o But you did cheer me up when I felt as though I shouldn't sprite. Many thanks to you! : D

Princess Kilvas. Thanks to your spriting tutorials, I now have a better idea of how to sprite. Thank you so much!

Lastly, to you readers, for taking time to look at my humble collection of sprites. :3

Well, critique away! Oh and uh... Compliment here and there. I like to know I'm doing a good job. XD

Edited by Lux Aeterna

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you dont mind, but I made some slight changes to Sarina's eye. And gave your battle sprite a knife

Sarina2.png

Luxspriteknife.png

Its not a great knife... Could be better... but I'm lazy at the moment. Maybe you can use that as a sort of guide to help you put your own knife in.

And if you do mind then... shoot me or something :lol:

I'm not exactly an amazing spriter myself, but I'll just say that Sarina's eyes are a little bizarre for some reason, although I'm not sure how to fix that at all, and your hair on the viewers left seems kind of awkward. It doesn't really seem to fit. Besides that, there isn't anything that really bugs me... at all. Good work!

I hope you dont mind, but I made some slight changes to Sarina's eye. And gave your battle sprite a knife

Sarina2.png

Luxspriteknife.png

Its not a great knife... Could be better... but I'm lazy at the moment. Maybe you can use that as a sort of guide to help you put your own knife in.

And if you do mind then... shoot me or something :lol:

Of course I don't mind. I specifically stated "critiquing welcome." The knife looks a bit unoticable until I look closely though. I'll think about building off of it. The mugshot on the other hand, I fixed according to your fix. My thanks for you (and two others I forgot to thank) are under the picture now. : D

I don't have much to say on this but for Sarina you might want fix the collar on her though.

I'd prefer if you were a bit more specific. What does the collar need work on?

I'm not exactly an amazing spriter myself, but I'll just say that Sarina's eyes are a little bizarre for some reason, although I'm not sure how to fix that at all, and your hair on the viewers left seems kind of awkward. It doesn't really seem to fit. Besides that, there isn't anything that really bugs me... at all. Good work!

The eyes were fixed thank to Riku. Since the hair can't really be fixed, here's my excuse: The wind is blowing (from the left) on her hair.

I forgot to mention before: Sarina's battle sprite looks great. Im looking forward to more of your stuff

: D Thanks. The battle sprite stuff is what I really enjoy.

These look really cool... its just... is your sarina mug shot... well the head part based off of usagi/serina? They look almost identical. If you have no idea what im talking about just ignore me. A blast from the past moment

Otherwise, these are really amazing. Keep up the great work!

Edited by lucky48910

Say, you've gotten a hell of a lot better since Chils... :P

I just got GIMP, so I might be able to help you out and such. Making animation sheets maybe?

Say, you've gotten a hell of a lot better since Chils... :P

I just got GIMP, so I might be able to help you out and such. Making animation sheets maybe?

Practice does wonders. : D

I still haven't figured out what gimp is, but yeah, animation sheets would be nice. I could make the sprites and you could animate them.

Practice does wonders. : D

I still haven't figured out what gimp is, but yeah, animation sheets would be nice. I could make the sprites and you could animate them.

It's a really powerful GNU Image Manipulation Program. Hence, GIMP.

It's a really powerful GNU Image Manipulation Program. Hence, GIMP.
And now if only I knew what GNU stood for... XD

Think of a freeware Photoshop. That pretty much sums up GIMP.

th_Untitled.jpg

i added more to the knife for fun... i just use paint the basic windows program for most of my images other with i use adobe ilustrator but i have GIMP to it works well

Hmmm... Because of the leggings or whatever those things are... It kind of blends... I think it would be better for my left hand to carry the knife.

Yeah, I use paint on everything. Although I'll have to take a look at GIMP. If it costs nothing, I may get it. As well as a spell editor.

I'm certain none of you forgot me. I'm pretty sure a fair amount of you know me for one thing: spriting. My thread was lost in the time warp, and so was my account. The thread was gone, and my computer died, erasing my works. So I have to start clean. I only have two things left: My self portrait, and Sarina. I'll show you Lux (me!) first. Mugshot and still sprite included. : D

2he8vft.png

... It appears that the rollover deleted your previous sprite with the fixed neck? Ah, well. You know the drill: The neck is too wide for the neckline of the robe.

Yes, admittedly, although I said I wanted to include a knife, I haven't figured out how... When I figure it out, and am ok with the results I'll show it. Next one is Sarina! Mugshot and still sprite also included. : D

262bmh1.png

And that battle sprite I made myself with no help. : D It's a combination of a sniper body, along with Roy's sword. : D And if you look closely, you can faintly make out Sarina's headband in the sprite. The mugshot however, had a lot of touching up thanks to Bohemund, Marthur, and Riku. Thanks go to you three.

Hmm... well, after a quick look-over the only real thing I see that you can do is try to edit the arm so it's less... rigid, I suppose?

Next up is Fa's battle sprite, done according to the official art.

r8bewy.png

I left the hood there because I'm virtually certain Fa is hiding one back there. Personally I don't like the cape (it was my first try, please don't go too hard), but... The recoloring itself is kind of nice in my opinion.

Cape itself could probably use a bit more varied shading.

... It appears that the rollover deleted your previous sprite with the fixed neck? Ah, well. You know the drill: The neck is too wide for the neckline of the robe.

Hmm... well, after a quick look-over the only real thing I see that you can do is try to edit the arm so it's less... rigid, I suppose?

Cape itself could probably use a bit more varied shading.

I took the easy way out and just cut off some of the robe, and then reshaded the neck. XD

The arm is supposed to be ridgid. I mean, she's a sniper with a sword. XD

Fix'd.

I took the easy way out and just cut off some of the robe, and then reshaded the neck. XD

The arm is supposed to be ridgid. I mean, she's a sniper with a sword. XD

Fix'd.

Well, suppose it works.

... I understand that, but the look of it... It looks like laziness on the spriter's part, to be honest. :/

Hmm... seems a bit flat. Not sure exactly how to fix it though. :/

Well, suppose it works.

... I understand that, but the look of it... It looks like laziness on the spriter's part, to be honest. :/

Hmm... seems a bit flat. Not sure exactly how to fix it though. :/

: D

I'm not sure how to fix it. D:

It's my first cape, so naturally it isn't perfect.

Hmmm... Because of the leggings or whatever those things are... It kind of blends... I think it would be better for my left hand to carry the knife.

I did it... but I made it look a lot more dagger-like, instead of a mammoth tusk. XD

2u7lm2t.png

Edited by Roxas

That could be usable. I'll be sure to credit you for it if I do.

YAY!

I've joined the elite world of SPRITAGE! >:D

Actually, instead of editing out the bow, you could just have taken the sprite of a Sniper that wasn't holding a weapon and added a sword. So yes, you could have skipped the disarming part.