FE4 THREAD

Fia

...Fucking manual. It says that not only is Raziel your average Vampire (Well, other than being slightly deader than usual, but that happens part way through the game), it says ALL Vampires eat souls. Then again, 90's video game manuals were notoriously inconsistant with the actual game's stories...

Maybe it was talking about his pre-wraith days but forgot to specify.

Kojima pretty much said LoS is an alternate universe from the standard Castlevania timeline anyways. Legends' problem with it's origin of the Belmont lineage past Sonia was specifically who the father of Sonia's child was. [spoiler=Castlevania Legends]Anyone who knows Alucard knows damn well he hates his own bloodline and wants to keep it from ever spreading. There's no way in hell he'd actually let himself father a kid.

Dracula himself, on the other hand, obviously has no qualms about making babies.

Well, point is, the silliness level is the same, if not worse. It's just done in a...different way, but it's still stupid all the same.

I genuinely hated Hector, but I do have to admit, I did enjoy the Prequel manga to CoD, despite Hector's worthlessness and Isaac's constant near-nudity. Saint Germaine got derailed later though when he was revealed implied to be Aion in Castlevania: Judgement...

Aeon is a different character, but even if he were Saint Germain, Judgment is non-canon and you can put your mind to rest with just that one phrase.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like Ys or Turn based.

My gorilla cannot use fire against trolls.

A pity that I can't recommend Zwei II or Legend of Heroes since lol Japanese. You've been playing Diablo, haven't you?

Oh right. Have you tried Live a Live yet?

Get a mage into your party.

Maybe it was talking about his pre-wraith days but forgot to specify.

Well, point is, the silliness level is the same, if not worse. It's just done in a...different way, but it's still stupid all the same.

Aeon is a different character, but even if he were Saint Germain, Judgment is non-canon and you can put your mind to rest with just that one phrase.

Maybe, but it did go out of it's way to insist that all vampires in Legacy of Kain ate souls and not necessarily blood...

It's Kojima, the guy behind Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders. If it wasn't silly, something would be wrong.

Thank god. I mean, I love the game and all, but the story really did blow.

It's Kojima, the guy behind Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders. If it wasn't silly, something would be wrong.

Kojima didn't make the story. I mean, really, think about this: no matter how silly his stories might be, would Kojima do something completely retarded like Lords of Shadow? Of course not, only David Cox would.

Thank god. I mean, I love the game and all, but the story really did blow.

I've been wanting to play it since forever since it looks interesting, but from what I read, the story and characters blow. Simon is a loud-mouthed, insecure idiot? Maria is obsessed with breasts? Eric is an annoying dick? Seriously now.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why they made Eric 15.

Kojima didn't make the story. I mean, really, think about this: no matter how silly his stories might be, would Kojima do something completely retarded like Lords of Shadow? Of course not, only David Cox would.

I've been wanting to play it since forever since it looks interesting, but from what I read, the story and characters blow. Simon is a loud-mouthed, insecure idiot? Maria is obsessed with breasts? Eric is an annoying dick? Seriously now.

I still need to get the game to get the full story, since what I know of it is mostly spoilers from a friend who won't loan me the game to play it myself, but the ending was from what I heard very Kojima-esque, so I figured he had a hand in it. I don't know how much more retarded it gets than [spoiler=Lords of Shadow]a Belmont being Drac

, though.

Simon's loud-mouthed, yeah, but insecure? Idiot? Not really. He's treated more like a hot-blooded Blood Knight than anything- He just wants to compare himself to Trevor, who's legendary by the time the original Castlevania takes place. As for Eric, 1) he's younger than 15 in Judgment, and 2) He, unlike a lot of other characters, actually gets development in story mode and goes from being an arrogant jackass to something closer to the way he is in Bloodlines, although it's still poorly executed. The arrogance and jackassery can be explained away with puberty as well, but...

Maria has no excuse though. I swear, her story mode is truly just a joke.

I don't know how much more retarded it gets than [spoiler=Lords of Shadow]a Belmont being Drac

, though.

SATAN. That is all.

Simon's loud-mouthed, yeah, but insecure? Idiot? Not really. He's treated more like a hot-blooded Blood Knight than anything- He just wants to compare himself to Trevor, who's legendary by the time the original Castlevania takes place.

If it was just an act of humility, I would've accepted it. But Simon is having like, self-esteem problems or something, until he beats Trevor and understands that he's better.

As for Eric, 1) he's younger than 15 in Judgment, and 2) He, unlike a lot of other characters, actually gets development in story mode and goes from being an arrogant jackass to something closer to the way he is in Bloodlines, although it's still poorly executed. The arrogance and jackassery can be explained away with puberty as well, but...

You sure he's younger than 15? But anyway, it's good to know that he actually becomes better.

I still can't understand why he's a shota, though.

Maria has no excuse though. I swear, her story mode is truly just a joke.

Eric should've had penis envy to be the perfect counterpart to Maria.

As ridiculous as I think Judgment is, Eric's age makes sense. Judgment takes place in 1907 and Eric was born in 1892.

SATAN. That is all.

If it was just an act of humility, I would've accepted it. But Simon is having like, self-esteem problems or something, until he beats Trevor and understands that he's better.

You sure he's younger than 15? But anyway, it's good to know that he actually becomes better.

I still can't understand why he's a shota, though.

Eric should've had penis envy to be the perfect counterpart to Maria.

At least Satan actually had a role in turning Drac into Drac in the original story of Dracula. It's not as bad as some other Castlevania's stories... Let's face it, Shaft really never should have been able to hijack Richter's mind. The fact that he even could touch Richter is a massive hole in Symphony's story, all things considered.

I think it wasn't really any of those as much as he just wanted to measure himself up against the legendary heroes. It just came off horribly wrong because the writing was awful. Really, I thought the implication that Sypha beats Trevor in Trevor's story mode was a bigger problem than Simon's personality.

I think it probably was just to have a token shota to offset the token loli, and Soma and Jonathan were too new to make it into Judgment (Let's face it, the only reason Shanoa's there at all is for the tie-in with Order of Ecclesia). Dumb reasoning, but eh.

Let's face it, Shaft really never should have been able to hijack Richter's mind. The fact that he even could touch Richter is a massive hole in Symphony's story, all things considered.

He did have a moment of weakness, so it's not entirely unreasonable, if at all. You know, the whole "What need for the shepherd when the wolves have all gone?"

I think it wasn't really any of those as much as he just wanted to measure himself up against the legendary heroes. It just came off horribly wrong because the writing was awful. Really, I thought the implication that Sypha beats Trevor in Trevor's story mode was a bigger problem than Simon's personality.

Well then, I guess that sets things...straight, in a twisted Castlevania Judgment sort of way.

He did have a moment of weakness, so it's not entirely unreasonable, if at all. You know, the whole "What need for the shepherd when the wolves have all gone?"

Fair enough, although truthfully, even then, Richter should have by all means tore Shaft a new one.

A pity that I can't recommend Zwei II or Legend of Heroes since lol Japanese. You've been playing Diablo, haven't you?

Oh right. Have you tried Live a Live yet?

Get a mage into your party.

Ah, haven't played Diablo in a while now.

and haven't played Live a Live.

BG: I do have a mage but is resting the only way to get spells back up? Doing Nalia's quest when trolls took a castle.

Edited by Hakumen