• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw a baby into the wilderness and have fun

Try fighting a lion.

Or a tiger.

Or an alligator.

Or a bear.

etc.

You see, there are a good number of animal species that can wreck our shit up.

We have to hide behind our inventions.

do we run fast

are we good swimmers

do we have a tough skin

do we have natural weapons

So you guys are talking about physical strength? :-/

Then yeah, I agree.

But humans are still far superior to any animal out there.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT OUR INTELLIGENCE!

gravity 1, baby 0

golden goal too

I don't geeeeet

is this a lolcalization joke?

Okay, there's no hope

Nah, just the spoiler

Glad you understand

That's a dumb thing to say. Newborns of many species aren't fit to survive on their own.

Sure

But humans stay quite the long time without being able to survive on their own

Modern humans at least

Then yeah, I agree.

Since when is intelligence strength

Have you never played D&D

Also, I'd like you to discuss your superiority when you're alone and naked in the middle of a savanna

Edited by TheEnd

Then yeah, I agree.

Missing the point again.

Then yeah, I agree.

depends. I think animals tend to be more intelligent than us in their natural habitat.

Since when is intelligence strength

Have you never played D&D

Also, I'd like you to discuss your superiority when you're alone and naked in the middle of a savanna

Since forever. To make up for the lack of physical strength, humans used the resources around them to their advantage. That intellectual property that humans have, of course seen in animal species as well, is unrivaled.

Nope!

Of course, I can make the same argument. Put a lion in an ocean and see how it does. A whale in a desert. An alligator in Antarctica.

Humans are, in fact, the most widespread mammalian species (or not? Maybe mice are around everywhere, too). They live in the cold north, the hot deserts, jungles, mountains. They are strong because of their ability to adapt WHICH COMES FROM THEIR INTELLIGENCE!

Missing the point again.

;~;

I probably am.

depends. I think animals tend to be more intelligent than us in their natural habitat.

Intelligent? Or advantageous?

There's a difference.

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Since forever. To make up for the lack of physical strength, humans used the resources around them to their advantage. That intellectual property that humans have, of course seen in animal species as well, is unrivaled.

Nope!

Of course, I can make the same argument. Put a lion in an ocean and see how it does. A whale in a desert. An alligator in Antarctica.

Humans are, in fact, the most widespread mammalian species (not). They live in the cold north, the hot deserts, jungles, mountains. They are strong because of their ability to adapt WHICH COMES FROM THEIR INTELLIGENCE!

;~;

Intelligent? Or advantageous?

There's a difference.

both, I'm not exactly sure it's instinct. But Animals I'm sure would be able to identify certain plants and animals much better than we do. Of course most animals have a keen sense of smell but us humans tend to have much better sight than most animals do but there have been tons of humans that have been killed by eating poison. Plus they seem to be able to hear better. Also most animals are MUCH more independent than we are. I consider that intelligence.

both, I'm not exactly sure it's instinct. But Animals I'm sure would be able to identify certain plants and animals much better than we do. Of course most animals have a keen sense of smell but us humans tend to have much better sight than most animals do but there have been tons of humans that have been killed by eating poison. Plus they seem to be able to hear better. Also most animals are MUCH more independent than we are. I consider that intelligence.

in·tel·li·gence
inˈtelijəns/
noun
the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

By this definition, humans are the epitome of intelligence. No other species compete, whether they have intelligence or not.

Edited by Not-an-Apple

As technology advances, human beings become weaker in some sense.

Human adaptability doesn't judge whether the things it's discarding are good or bad, after all

Just whether they're needed or not

Nope!

Intelligence is strength in the same way intellectual property is property

Note: Intellectual property wanted to be property because property is so cool

It shows

I'd like to see how your STR-based mage would perform

Though there are 3E sourcebooks that would allow muscle magic, and 4E is silly

Humans are, in fact, the most widespread mammalian species. They live in the cold north, the hot deserts, jungles, mountains.

I don't even need to say anything anymore

Intelligence it the most powerful thing. Why do you think Batman always beats Superman?

Because you are a Batman fanboy

This is an argument

There are many others, but that's the one most suited to the highly scientific level of our discussion

Edited by TheEnd

Even the WISE WHAMU recognized that there is strength that can topple intelligence

And yet Wham was beaten not because Joseph was stronger, but because he used his wits.

okay probably messed up a bit their. such as hearing. But like I said. They can learn to identify things a lot better than we can. they can find a decent shelter much quicker than we can. Yes we might be better at devising systems. But Animals can find places to collect nuts and stuff for winter. I will stop there for now.

Sadly, in many cases that word is swapped for want/desire.

Subjective needs

Making mankind weaker since (???)

dan is the fistest mage

If only I were playing a wacky 3E campaign

Our DM is even allowing players to freely make characters at 400k experience now, after all

Edited by TheEnd

What good is intelligence if you are up against a bear, lion, tiger, wolf, or another predator by yourself?

I kind of have to disagree there. I think you have intelligence you can play with animals instincts if you know the animal well. (This of course makes me sound like a hypocrite because then humans do possess some good intelligence.) But animals can can do the same. But anyway if you are a person that has studied up on an animal than you may be able to use the animals emotions. For example you may be able to run the animal into a river. Some animals can't swim. But I don't know enough on say how fast this animals that you listed can run on average than we can run. Man my points kind of don't go into much detail but i am a bit lazy so sorry.