FE4 THREAD

Fia

Actually owning the game has its advantages too. If I had decent recording equipment, I would probably be one of the only people on this board that could make FE3-5 speed runs for speed demos archive.

I could actually do the same despite the fact that I don't own the game.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipped from the East Coast. Will actually be here in about a week.

=o

Still, have fun~

I won't say good luck since I'm sure you can do it.

:awesome:

Say indeed, dear.

Alright.

Indeed.

Happy?

*sigh*

Farthest I made it on normal was on ch 6 and something made me stop. Not quit, but just stop. Restarted on Elite Mode and stopped again at 3. I don't know why, but a few chapters in makes me save and quit.

:mellow:

Try again.

>_>

<3

I could actually do the same despite the fact that I don't own the game.
On SDA's website:
Virtualization: We will NOT accept speedruns recorded on emulators (ZSNES, VBA, DOSBox, etc.) or other virtualization software (Wine, VMware, etc.). Emulators commonly allow for recording games frame-by-frame and then playing back the input at normal speed. Also, most emulators and virtualization programs have minor inaccuracies in timing and slowdown that inhibit accurate comparisons between runs. Finally, it is generally illegal in most countries to obtain ROMs. Note that an exception is made for officially sanctioned emulators such as the Game Boy Player for GameCube, Virtual Console, or GameTap. Due to problems with many official emulators, however, we prefer that you play on the original hardware whenever possible.
=o

Still, have fun~

I won't say good luck since I'm sure you can do it.

Solid Snake: "A real man RNG manipulates his own luck."

It wouldn't be by emulator function though, it'd be recorded on TV with the same sort of equipment you'd use.

The run would probably be rejected anyway unless you manage to trick them into thinking you were playing on console. They are aware of the advantages of emulators.

Finished the chapter already?

No. But the Defender Sword event keeps freezing (as expected), so I just want to take a break from it for a moment.

Plus, there's a limit to the time I can play I can play brawl. I can play FE4 anytime, because it's two floors down from my parents and they won't hear it.

EDIT: So is that a yes or no?

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I played up to around 7 or 8 in FE5...

But that was because I felt guilty about ROMming...

BUT.

There are no excuses. I actually purchased the game. So I will play it legally and pwn the heck out of it.

I don't think it's worth worrying about if they don't release it to your market. I mean if my copy of Ouendan's box is correct, it's illegal to purchase an unused copy of Osu! Tatake! Ouendan and use it for my nefarious purposes of rhythm game fun and adventures if I live outside of Japan, for example. Long live Japanese media, fuck the Japanese.

No. But the Defender Sword event keeps freezing (as expected), so I just want to take a break from it for a moment.

Save the game (not savestate) and then load? :mellow:

Edited by Fia

Save the game (ingame save fuunction), reset, load, get defender sword.

Redundant thread. Only. 8D

Edited by Tiena

Dang. I ended up asking a question indirectly, anyway.

Let me revise. I'll keep the question asking to a bare minimum.

No one cares, really. >_>

No one cares, really. >_>

If me asking questions passes off the message that I am fool, then it matters to me.

EDIT: So I take it this means no one is up for brawl?

Edited by Lux Aeterna

If me asking questions passes off the message that I am fool, then it matters to me.

Oh lol.

lol

lol

No one calls you an idiot because you asked a lot of questions, Lux. Asking question is natural.

I'm sure you know my reason why I called you so.

>_>

No you asking questions does pass of the message that you are a fool its okay to ask questions..

Why not repeat it, just to be sure?

Edited by Rehab

Oh lol.

lol

lol

No one calls you an idiot because you asked a lot of questions, Lux. Asking question is natural.

>_>

It was a lapse of judgement. Guess I took things too seriouslly. A-GAIN. Sorry then. ^^

EDIT: In that case, since the bridge collapsed, going through those mountains on the side is my only other option, yes?

AND SERIOUSLLY I WANT TO BRAWL BEFORE I RUN OUT OF TIME!!! Where's Pride when you need him...?

Edited by Lux Aeterna