• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, based on current experiences I have come to a conclusion that P-3, Chapter 12 and Chapter 14 form the unholy trinity of chapters in this game.

Yeah, I was thankfully able to figure out a way to lure away 2 Dark Mages and an Ice Dragon away for a turn, so it helped. I just got on the Save tile and it's Turn 13. :angry:. I still have to clear the Ice Dragons + Dark Mage on the left hand side too. As for my Wyrmslayer weapons, they're almost gone. I haven't touched the Pike, but the Swords are at their last resort soon. Of course I'm also broke: ~4000 Gold my ass.

I couldn't field a Thief, so it's going to take me even longer to get everything, then there's the shitty reinforcements I have to deal with. Rrgh this chapter is about as annoying as 12's and P-3 or 8.

Yeah, I was thankfully able to figure out a way to lure away 2 Dark Mages and an Ice Dragon away for a turn, so it helped. I just got on the Save tile and it's Turn 13. :angry:. I still have to clear the Ice Dragons + Dark Mage on the left hand side too. As for my Wyrmslayer weapons, they're almost gone. I haven't touched the Pike, but the Swords are at their last resort soon. Of course I'm also broke: ~4000 Gold my ass.

The worst part of the chapter is the very beginning as those ice dragons don't move unless they can get a KO on a unit, either that or have a general that can take a hit from one of the Dark mages+those 3 ice dragons. I honestly think if you don't have a durable general for that chapter you're pretty fucked unless you don't mind sacrificing one unit. Also, at least you have more wyrmslaying uses than I do. I've broken one spear+sword and the other spear has 4 uses left while the other sword has 1 use left. And I only have like...2k left lulz.

I couldn't field a Thief, so it's going to take me even longer to get everything, then there's the shitty reinforcements I have to deal with.

Who are you fielding then? I managed to make room for a thief and still do somewhat okay in 14. Reached the save point by turn 7.

The worst part of the chapter is the very beginning as those ice dragons don't move unless they can get a KO on a unit, either that or have a general that can take a hit from one of the Dark mages+those 3 ice dragons. I honestly think if you don't have a durable general for that chapter you're pretty fucked unless you don't mind sacrificing one unit. Also, at least you have more wyrmslaying uses than I do. I've broken one spear+sword and the other spear has 4 uses left while the other sword has 1 use left. And I only have like...2k left lulz.

I think I could've reached the save point a little earlier, but I didn't have anyone that could tank the Dark Mage + 3 Ice Dragons. So what I did was have Palla trigger the Ice Dragon on the left side of the map (in that corner where you're usually backed into) and then had Sniper Caeda counterattack at least one of them. I lured them out another turn, then charged at the Ice Dragons and plopped Catria + Chainey up front. Then I had those two retreat back a little bit, while I had Luke counterattack the Dark Mage on Turn 4. I guess I could've tried luring the Ice Dragon a second time and then plowing through the Dark Mages, etc.

Who are you fielding then? I managed to make room for a thief and still do somewhat okay in 14. Reached the save point by turn 7.

- MU

- Luke

- Palla

- Catria

- Sirius

- Caeda

- Leiden

- Merric

- Malliesia

- Feena

I guess I could temporarily bench someone, but I can't do Sirius because of him trying to get the Leiden support. So it might be... Luke or Palla I guess. Or even Merric.

Edited by Colonel M

That was my fuckin' schtick...

Hasn't L4D1 been, like, $20 for months?

It was 6 bucks one day on a summer sale on Steam. I missed that one and then there was another L4D sale I couldn't get to due to insufficient funds. I've pretty much bought all the games I have on Steam while they're on sale... IIRC

Bioshock: 5 bucks.

Quake collection containing the 8 items: $7.50

Orange Box: $13

Bionic Commando Re-armed: $5

Portal: Free.

Alien Swarm: Free.

Also, apparently I got the Quake collection 5 minutes before the sale ended lol.

Edited by Sirius

I think I could've reached the save point a little earlier, but I didn't have anyone that could tank the Dark Mage + 3 Ice Dragons. So what I did was have Palla trigger the Ice Dragon on the left side of the map (in that corner where you're usually backed into) and then had Sniper Caeda counterattack at least one of them. I lured them out another turn, then charged at the Ice Dragons and plopped Catria + Chainey up front. Then I had those two retreat back a little bit, while I had Luke counterattack the Dark Mage on Turn 4. I guess I could've tried luring the Ice Dragon a second time and then plowing through the Dark Mages, etc.

Oh wait, so if I kept the one to the left alive on turn 1 the 3 ice dragons would have moved? Because what I did was have SM!Sirius get 8 squares away from that ice dragon to the left that's near the thief then have Feena dance him over to the dragon and then he proceeds to 1RKO with the Wyrmslayer and then SM!Shiida with a Levin Sword and Falcoknight Catria proceed to tag team the thief with the Fortify Staff. First time I tried luring the dragons one by one, none of them would move at all. That's nice to know though that if you leave that one Ice Dragon to the left alive the others will come even if they can't KO anybody.

- MU

- Luke

- Palla

- Catria

- Sirius

- Caeda

- Leiden

- Merric

- Malliesia

- Feena

I guess I could temporarily bench someone, but I can't do Sirius because of him trying to get the Leiden support. So it might be... Luke or Palla I guess. Or even Merric.

I'd say maybe get rid of Merric for that chapter. Least Luke and Palla are capable of doubling.

I hate shaving and I hate that it's the lesser of 2 evils even more.

Shaving isn't too bad.

Edited by Joey