• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, especially with games like Contra, Battletoads and Maximum Carnage.

Always these two. Also you had to see Ike-Mike fulminating at me after he lost 5-6 times against my Adon with his Cody.

In the case of Contra, I'd say 4 ranks up pretty high in the series in terms of difficulty. That or I'm rather unlucky in that game. Now if only I could play the Xbox Ninja Gaidens and no-damage NES Ninja Gaiden (I can beat it without dying at least).

Your Adon is a troll, Ike-Mike's rage is completely justified. Speaking of raging, recall that sudden Alex discovery of mine that made you HATE Stun Gun Headbutt?

Edited by Sirius

Of course, especially with games like Contra, Battletoads and Maximum Carnage.

I actually thought Contra became overall more difficult as it progressed. The first two feel ridiculously easy compared to later installments.

Edited by Musashi

In the case of Contra, I'd sa 4 ranks up pretty high in the series in terms of difficulty. That or I'm rather unlucky in that game.

Your Adon is a troll, Ike-Mike's rage is completely justified. Speaking of raging, recall that sudden Alex discovery of mine that made you HATE Stun Gun Headbutt?

Ask Mumu for help I guess. I hear he's good at it.

Hehehehe. Also while you did discover it, I managed to do exactly the same thing now. In fact, we should play again sometime soon. I might even have a counter to it, seeing as I practiced my Alex skills a lot lately, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also sleep. Way overdue. Night and have a nice day.

Ask Mumu for help I guess. I hear he's good at it.

Hehehehe. Also while you did discover it, I managed to do exactly the same thing now. In fact, we should play again sometime soon. I might even have a counter to it, seeing as I practiced my Alex skills a lot lately, but I'm not 100% sure.

Practice with my jumps is all I need. Stupid rocket hanging area that gets rid of my weapon upgrades >_>.

You always practice to counter me.

Seriously. "Fusion is too easy, fusion sucked because blah blah" is what I've mostly seen for it.

That's odd. I'm not sure where else to look, but the Fusion board at GameFAQs is clearly more active (aka not dead) than the ZM board, and player reviews are mostly the same (and positive) for both. I've already shown you the critic numbers. Perhaps it's more like Majora's Mask in that it wasn't too well-received initially but grew over more time.

Other M is probably the lowest Metroid game according to fans, yes. Probably would've done better if it wasn't called Metroid and that whole "You need Adam's authorization to use weapons" is just begging for warranted nitpicking and hate.

The way they used the authorization I felt actually made sense. They were in a facility that could possibly have live humans anywhere and many of Samus' weapons are quite lethal, so since he's the only one with a view of everything it makes sense that he'd want to restrict her weapon usage. It still doesn't explain shit like the hell run, though.

That's odd. I'm not sure where else to look, but the Fusion board at GameFAQs is clearly more active (aka not dead) than the ZM board, and player reviews are mostly the same (and positive) for both. I've already shown you the critic numbers. Perhaps it's more like Majora's Mask in that it wasn't too well-received initially but grew over more time.

Looks that way.

Majora's Mask is the only 3D Zelda I've played in a long time, haven't played OoT since my 3 heart run years ago.

Blasphemy. It's a good game, but no way is it better than Fusion. Metroid Fusion might be the first game that ever actually scared me. Zero Mission was too easy.

Looks like you need to stop playing those two scr00b modes.

Last time I played Easy or Normal was to unlock hard mode on my ZM rom so I could do that video walkthrough which I need to get around redoing.

Edited by BLS

Super Metroid's Phantoon and Draygon are the only times I actually had a legitimate challenge in Metroid games. Rest of them were easy once I figured out their patterns, but yeah, the black pirates in Zero Mission were stupidly strong.

In the case of Contra, I'd say 4 ranks up pretty high in the series in terms of difficulty. That or I'm rather unlucky in that game.

Nah, I have a lot of trouble in Contra 4 too. It isn't exactly easy, but other games in the series, like Neo Contra, are harder. Then there's Hard Corps which most fans say is the hardest, but it's actually the easiest, at least to me. Seems mostly because it's a memorisation type of game, where you have to memorise how each stage goes so you don't blindly run into hazards.

It's also my favourite Contra game, not because it's easy, but because it has impeccable design (in every way). I guess some people don't like the fact that memorisation plays a bigger role in it than it does in other Contra games, but I don't mind it.

Well, can't you copy your current save so that in one copy, you grind optical shot so you can defeat Death with less trouble and finish the run? You can go back to the copy left at Death to try and beat it with the weak Optical Shot you have now.

Balcerzak was about to say something Metroid related. I just know it.

Edited by Sirius

Well, can't you copy your current save so that in one copy, you grind optical shot so you can defeat Death with less trouble and finish the run? You can go back to the copy left at Death to try and beat it with the weak Optical Shot you have now.

I've gotten pretty close to beating him a few times, so there's no need. If I see it's totally impossible, I'll give that a try.