FE4 THREAD

Fia

what

Derp.

Good old Robert I bet.

Trying to long in from Robert's house or something?

$10 says Robert made an alt. at this guy's house. Oh well.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have to give up anything since I'm not technically Catholic.

I just need a somewhat good reason to give up M&Ms (it does awfully for my complexion).

You're not Catholic yet you're 'celebrating' lent? (Unless lent is also a Christian thing, I don't know).

Make some sense please. >_>

Edited by Hatari

... Ya know. Acne and such.

Naturally it's not the root of all of it but my face has cleared up a little since then. And not even half a week has passed (depending on how you look at it).

>_> I don't see why lent is a good reason to 'give up M&Ms'.

For Catholics it means something. If you're not Catholic, I don't see how it can mean anything to you.

So it's a bullshit excuse that means nothing to you and you have no real reason to abide by it.

You're not Catholic yet you're 'celebrating' lent? (Unless lent is also a Christian thing, I don't know).

Make some sense please. >_>

I could be atheist and still celebrate Lent.

Well, see, I can't just give up M&Ms all willy-nilly. So when I stick it to a holy holiday it's a lot more motivation to stick to the giving up.

I remember in eighth grade I used to call a kid fat all the time (in many ways). Then I used Lent to give that up and I ended up stopping the habit entirely.

>_> I don't see why lent is a good reason to 'give up M&Ms'.

For Catholics it means something. If you're not Catholic, I don't see how it can mean anything to you.

So it's a bullshit excuse that means nothing to you and you have no real reason to abide by it.

"Give up something dear to you." Usually something that's not a good habit.

Actually, you can look at it from a non-religious standpoint: test your mettle, see if you have the self-control to let go of something you indulge in often.

"Give up something dear to you." Usually something that's not a good habit.

Actually, you can look at it from a non-religious standpoint: test your mettle, see if you have the self-control to let go of something you indulge in often.

But don't use a religious holiday as an excuse to do it. ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THAT RELIGION GODDAMMIT!

Then just do that and don't attach it to a religious holiday. >_>. There is no reason it needs to be attached to a holiday you don't even celebrate.

Atheist says that there is no God. Lent is a Catholic holiday...

You are just contradicting yourself.

So are you saying that atheists don't believe in the virtue of self-control? Because I don't see Lent religiously (ya know, desert, Jesus, demons), I see it from a different point of view, which I just explained.

Naturally it's not the root of all of it but my face has cleared up a little since then. And not even half a week has passed (depending on how you look at it).

Urban legendsssssssss

Magus' theme.

Thought so.

So are you saying that atheists don't believe in the virtue of self-control? Because I don't see Lent religiously (ya know, desert, Jesus, demons), I see it from a different point of view, which I just explained.

Lux, stop.

Eating chocolate doesn't cause acne. That's an old wives' tale. Unless there's something else that I'm not aware of in the M&Ms that can cause acne...

What? How does that even make sense Lux? Being atheist by definition means you reject the existence of deities. It has NOTHING to do with self-control.

But don't use a religious holiday as an excuse to do it. ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THAT RELIGION GODDAMMIT!

Then just do that and don't attach it to a religious holiday. >_>. There is no reason it needs to be attached to a holiday you don't even celebrate.

I don't see why not. And I don't see where I said I didn't hold the Christian beliefs.

Actually there is, which I've already explained. If I can give it some semblance of meaning (and give it a certain amount of time), then it becomes a lot easier, as I know when it'll end. Alternatively I could pick any 40 days, but really, I don't want to do the whole "crossing out the days on the calendar" thing. I'll just know when Lent is over.