• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

You still can't capture him even if he had nothing.

He will join later, replacing Trewd anyway.

Poor Trewd. Always replaced by people with more than "I'll follow Parn forever" as dialogue.

And you get Reinhardt, Arthur, Ishtar, FalaFlame!Cyas, Cheat!Sara, etc.

Meanwhile, the Spear can now turn enemies into stronger enemies. Or slimes which can divide. :[

Spear? o.o

Secret of Mana Hard Mode. The hack description says that the Spear you get has been cursed.

Seiken 2? SNES?

Escaflowne is a very solid series with an ending that leaves more to be desired for. Maybe it would have had a greater impact on me had I watched it at a lower anime viewing powerlevel. It's still one of the most likeable and original shoujo titles I have ever seen with a pairing I was actually rooting for.

Remind me after she's finished the whole series to link her to a AMV chock full of spoilers that I remember being great.

It was one of the first AMVs I ever remember seeing, so it's probably low-tech compared to things produced these days but...

If I recall correctly it was something Maboroshi Studios put together with Escaflowne footage surrounding Dilandau set to the tune of Sweating Bullets by Megadeth.

Three episodes before that spoiler,

I had finally peace with the fact that Dilandau was most definitely a guy. And then, well... All I have to say is that Sunrise has always and will continue to troll the hell out of me.

That AMV was charming. Er, as charming as Dilandau can get. Dilandau himself was too batshit for me to think that personality was all from the experiments. She's still somewhere in Celena, I just know it...!

brb, fanfiction, manga, fanart, and doujin to wash out the kind of empty ending.

Escaflowne is a very solid series with an ending that leaves more to be desired for. Maybe it would have had a greater impact on me had I watched it at a lower anime viewing powerlevel. It's still one of the most likeable and original shoujo titles I have ever seen with a pairing I was actually rooting for.

My anime viewing power level when I saw Escaflowne for the first time was like... 3. I'd seen Evangelion, Hellsing, and umm... Outlaw Star. Then I was catching Martian Successor Nadesico and Escaflowne at the same time at anime club.

Three episodes before that spoiler,

I had finally peace with the fact that Dilandau was most definitely a guy. And then, well... All I have to say is that Sunrise has always and will continue to troll the hell out of me.

That AMV was charming. Er, as charming as Dilandau can get. Dilandau himself was too batshit for me to think that personality was all from the experiments. She's still somewhere in Celena, I just know it...!

brb, fanfiction, manga, fanart, and doujin to wash out the kind of empty ending.

Trololol indeed. And yeah, I really ought to pick up the manga (both of them) at some point. If I recall correctly there was both a shounen and a shoujo manga produced.

I never actually watched the feature film, but I've heard it's more of a reboot/reimagining, so don't go there to fill your void.

Edited by Balcerzak

I had wanted to watch Escaflowne pretty much ever since I started watching subbed anime, but only did so much later and was somewhat disappointed.