• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an insult. It's KoF '98 as it should be, more like.

Oh c'mon don't have prejudice against Mugen

Oh c'mon don't have prejudice against Mugen

No prejudice, but Mugen is usually just tons of characters from different things just mashed together, and it's unrefined usually. Of course, I know there may be good Mugen games too, buuuut...

This thing is a masterpiece! Especially in this comparison.

This thing is a masterpiece! Especially in this comparison.

It is a masterpiece when compared to most KoF games. I mean, SNK/Playmore/Eolith are so lazy to do a decent job sometimes

It is a masterpiece when compared to most KoF games. I mean, SNK/Playmore/Eolith are so lazy to do a decent job sometimes

They usually had time/budget/memory problems though, so it's excused. I know the Boss Team didn't get a faithful representation because of memory problems (most notably Krauser), and the voices in 2003 sound muddled for the same reason. I guess that's why they moved to new hardware.

They usually had time/budget/memory problems though, so it's excused. I know the Boss Team didn't get a faithful representation because of memory problems (most notably Krauser), and the voices in 2003 sound muddled for the same reason. I guess that's why they moved to new hardware.

The only KoF that sounded and looked solid, in the 00s was XI.

And what buggers me is that they change Athena's goddamn outfit every single game, and yet took almost 15 years to do something in Iori, for instance.

Yep, and that was because they realised releasing a game every year isn't going to work. They dropped the yearly titles so that they could work on a game more.

And what buggers me is that they change Athena's goddamn outfit every single game, and yet took almost 15 years to do something in Iori, for instance.

Well, for Athena, it was kind of her gimmick, considering she's a pop star and all. I guess they thought Iori's initial outfit was too iconic to change and needed to stick around more.

Though they did change Kyo with every new arc, so I dunno why they didn't do the same for Iori. It would have been interesting.

Mascot, tits, etc.

Yep, and that was because they realised releasing a game every year isn't going to work. They dropped the yearly titles so that they could work on a game more.

Well, for Athena, it was kind of her gimmick, considering she's a pop star and all. I guess they thought Iori's initial outfit was too iconic to change and needed to stick around more.

Though they did change Kyo with every new arc, so I dunno why they didn't do the same for Iori. It would have been interesting.

The await really did pay off. But they are almost back with the one game per year formula, that kinda sucks.

IMO Kyo's school outfit is way more iconic than Iori's... whatever the fuck he wears.Buuuut the changed to something nicer.

Mascot, tits, etc.

I don't see them changing Mai's outfit. Yeah, you might be right.

The await really did pay off. But they are almost back with the one game per year formula, that kinda sucks.

I'm more ticked that they left their gritty and realistic sprite style for something so...dumb.

IMO Kyo's school outfit is way more iconic than Iori's... whatever the fuck he wears.Buuuut the changed to something nicer.

I like Iori's outfit, but yeah it would have been nice for him to change threads every arc like Kyo and Robert. At least we have a new design now, and it looks snazzy.

Though I like Robert's 96/97/98 outfit the best.

I'm more ticked that they left their gritty and realistic sprite style for something so...dumb.

I like Iori's outfit, but yeah it would have been nice for him to change threads every arc like Kyo and Robert. At least we have a new design now, and it looks snazzy.

Though I like Robert's 96/97/98 outfit the best.

Ralf and Clark look bigger than Raiden, goddamit.

Robert's NGBC outfit was the pimpest of them all. Goddammit was he cool in that game.

Ralf and Clark look bigger than Raiden, goddamit.

The worst part is that Ralf and Clark aren't the only victims of this new style. Almost everyone is. ;__;

Robert's NGBC outfit was the pimpest of them all. Goddammit was he cool in that game.

Oh yeah, that Robert is definitely the best. Also, more Robert lovers here, that's always a good thing. The guy doesn't get enough love. He dresses snazzy and kicks ass, much better than boring old Ryo.

The worst part is that Ralf and Clark aren't the only victims of this new style. Almost everyone is. ;__;

Oh yeah, that Robert is definitely the best. Also, more Robert lovers here, that's always a good thing. The guy doesn't get enough love. He dresses snazzy and kicks ass, much better than boring old Ryo.

There are some exceptions, but the worst case might be Takuma. But some SDMs are quite cool, like Clark's Londong Bridge.

Robert is fucking awesome. No wonder why Capcom did a character based on him!

There are some exceptions, but the worst case might be Takuma. But some SDMs are quite cool, like Clark's Londong Bridge.

I'm actually ok with the K' team, but some are just unforgivable.

Robert is fucking awesome. No wonder why Capcom did a character based on him!

Have you played SVC? Some of the conversations with Dan mention this whole Robert thing. It's pretty funny.

Speaking of which, Robert should have been in CvS games. Ken and Ryu were, so why not Ryo and Robert?

I'm actually ok with the K' team, but some are just unforgivable.

Have you played SVC? Some of the conversations with Dan mention this whole Robert thing. It's pretty funny.

Speaking of which, Robert should have been in CvS games. Ken and Ryu were, so why not Ryo and Robert?

Robert looks ok, and Leona looks lovely.

Yeaaaah, I did, it was awesome.

Well, they put goddamn Todoh in his place.

Robert looks ok, and Leona looks lovely.

Oh yeah, some other guy fawned over her too. Nice new design.

Yeaaaah, I did, it was awesome.

Well, they put goddamn Todoh in his place.

That's true, but I still wish they put more effort into those games. Or just release a CvS3.

Oh yeah, some other guy fawned over her too. Nice new design.

That's true, but I still wish they put more effort into those games. Or just release a CvS3.

Indeed it was one of the high points in XII.

Lol Morrigan not getting a new sprite.

Lol Morrigan not getting a new sprite.

lol yes. At least some others got new sprites, and we got to see what SNK characters look like in Capcom style. I particularly liked how they handled Rugal.

lol yes. At least some others got new sprites, and we got to see what SNK characters look like in Capcom style. I particularly liked how they handled Rugal.

Rugal looked like a fucking devil when he absorbed Akuma. I loved it.

Also they even remembered Hibiki and SFI Eagle, that's awesome.

Rugal looked like a fucking devil when he absorbed Akuma. I loved it.

Yet he was GOD RUGAL.

Also they even remembered Hibiki and SFI Eagle, that's awesome.

Indeed it is. Though I would have preferred Kagami over Hibiki (obviously), but it's still nice that a LB representative was there.

Indeed it is. Though I would have preferred Kagami over Hibiki (obviously), but it's still nice that a LB representative was there.

Dunno, I would've like Kaede or even Shigen.