• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Atelier Totori was released today (Europe). Nice to see at least 1 copy on a shelf in a game store- the boxart looks so pretty and tempting.

It had better... That girl to the right of Chrome on the title is so adorable. ;__;

EDIT: Er, that's not the motivating factor but she is adorable!

EDIT2: Just remembered her name--Liz.

Well I'm glad somebody likes Liz!

Wasn't the Dragon the only enemy with a nice item?

No... Ultima Weapon has a Ribbon to nick off him. It's a rare steal, however. And Dragoon Boots sound awesome, especially for Mog (Jumping with a spear doubles the power). (Assuming we're talking about FC enemies)

Edited by Metal King Slime

Wasn't the Dragon the only enemy with a nice item?

There's a few I can think of. The boss at the end of the minecart ride has a rare Tempest blade, which might be useful if you really like using Cyan (even then it's not so great). Dragons occasionally yield Genji Gloves, and the Ultima Weapon rarely gives up a ribbon. There's a few enemies that occasionally yield good items in the WoR, but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

The problem is that there is a low chance of getting anything good, only a one in eight chance even with perfect steal accuracy. :\

I believe you can steal copies of the most powerful weapons in the game (ragnarok, excalibur, atma weapon) from either the statues or from pieces of the Tower of Kefka...

Too bad they aren't very helpful unless you're playing the advance version. :\

Oh, and it's only a Ragnarok and an Ultima Weapon you can steal.

Edited by Charlie

Atelier Totori was released today (Europe). Nice to see at least 1 copy on a shelf in a game store- the boxart looks so pretty and tempting.

The soundtrack didn't impress me as far as I've seen though

The problem is that there is a low chance of getting anything good, only a one in eight chance even with perfect steal accuracy. :\

That's better than it was FF5, where you only had about a 3% chance of stealing a rare item (not to mention not having the luxury of having Steal work all the time). And speaking of World of Ruin... The enemies on that island Celes starts on have Elixirs and Megalixirs to steal from but die even when left alone, so you might want to use Stop on them (beware Black Dragons, however; they can cause Zombie).

No, there's no relic like that. There is the Thief Knife which allows Shadow to steal occasionally, but that's it.

Yeah, that might be it.

But still, all those items can be stolen in WoR, in the Veldt, amirite?

As for Sabin, this is really gonna sound odd, but you'll want to concentrate on Magic boosts for him. Along with the obligatory warning that Sabin is not colosseum material.

As for Sabin, this is really gonna sound odd, but you'll want to concentrate on Magic boosts for him. Along with the obligatory warning that Sabin is not colosseum material.

lolMantra

In fact, the reason I'll use Gau/Mog/Sabin is that they deal very good magic/elemental damage for no MP cost. Specially Gau.

lolMantra

In fact, the reason I'll use Gau/Mog/Sabin is that they deal very good magic/elemental damage for no MP cost. Specially Gau.

In case you're wondering... Most of Sabin's Blitzes are actually Magic based. Shocking, huh?

In case you're wondering... Most of Sabin's Blitzes are actually Magic based. Shocking, huh?

Quite shocking!Not.

But yeah, stuff like Aura Bolt and Fire Dance are VERY useful.