• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I fought more bulls in the first level than the first half of Serious Sam 3 itself.

Enemy diversity has so far been great. Only missing a few really lategame enemies and the new assault troops they added specifically for SS3 but IMO got too much screentime. Felt like slaying CoD dudes with an AI.

What weapons did you have when fighting those bulls?

I saw those troopers in gameplay videos and didn't really like 'em, seemed pretty boring and kinda made me wish there was a nuke for just those fuckers like the Shield of Seals vs Earth Dragons from FE3.

Indeed. But when revisiting GB's stage, they turned green. Weird.

I dunno, I found Serge harder in the first time you fought him. Same with Agile.

Dunno what to say to that one.

The first time I played the SNES megaman games, I didn't really try the boss weapons and just stuck with the Buster. Serges' second fight has spikes and you fight him on moving platform. Fun times man.

I wonder how the fuck are they gonna do that scene with VAMPIRE JACK THE RIPPER coming out of a horse.

Aw man they might just cut that one out.

Dunno what to say to that one.

The first time I played the SNES megaman games, I didn't really try the boss weapons and just stuck with the Buster. Serges' second fight has spikes and you fight him on moving platform. Fun times man.

Aw man they might just cut that one out.

Yeah, I had the same reaction.

That might explain, because both are veeeeery easy with Morph Moth's weapon.

Which is a bummer, that scene was gloriously over the top.

Yeah, I had the same reaction.

That might explain, because both are veeeeery easy with Morph Moth's weapon.

Which is a bummer, that scene was gloriously over the top.

Real men do Buster only and no upgrade runs. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH!?

Black screen, sound effects only.

I can already imagine fanboys being anal about it. "THIS IS A TRAVESTY, YOU MIGHT AS WELL NOT MAKE THIS ANIME IF YOU'RE GOING SHAME SOMETHING AS GLORIOUS AS JOJO WITH THIS RETARDED CENSORSHIP".

Edited by Sirius

What weapons did you have when fighting those bulls?

I saw those troopers in gameplay videos and didn't really like 'em, seemed pretty boring and kinda made me wish there was a nuke for just those fuckers like the Shield of Seals vs Earth Dragons from FE3.

Coach gun. A clean 2HKO at close range, though I usually weaken them with the pistol anyway.

They give assault rifle ammunition but that's their only redeeming factor.

Edited by Dio

Leg upgrade for MMX1's an exception since I think you can't skip it. But if you CAN skip it, how the hell could any boss be defeated.

Maybe some subtanks or a weird fucking glitch.

Coach gun. A clean 2HKO at close range, though I usually weaken them with the pistol anyway.

They give assault rifle ammunition but that's their only redeeming factor.

Just that? Man fighting more than 3 of them at once could pose some problems. I usually shoot a rocket and then blast with the Coach gun in TSE when fighting them one on one, works pretty damn well.

KILLER AMMO BOXES.

Just that? Man fighting more than 3 of them at once could pose some problems. I usually shoot a rocket and then blast with the Coach gun in TSE when fighting them one on one, works pretty damn well.

KILLER AMMO BOXES.

I've seen two at a time, but they usually weren't alone. I tend to be conservative with my rockets, mostly because they're rare and I don't like their splash damage radius.

They make the assault rifle viable. It's actually not that great in the DLC because ammo is scarce. I often have to use the pistol in fact, but again that may just be me being too conservative with my ressources.

It helps that MMX's final 3 bosses are kinda easy.

I wonder how hard it would be in MMX2 or MMX3.

Yep. Auto-arm part for that fight too.

MMX2's first Sigma is easy after you learn his patterns. The Head thing would just be some tedious shit and you have enemies to kill occasionally that might drop son Energy so there's that.

X3's? I often get the Z-saber just cause of how much I hate this fucker.

I've seen two at a time, but they usually weren't alone. I tend to be conservative with my rockets, mostly because they're rare and I don't like their splash damage radius.

They make the assault rifle viable. It's actually not that great in the DLC because ammo is scarce. I often have to use the pistol in fact, but again that may just be me being too conservative with my ressources.

Not bad. When I said Rockets + Coach gun, I meant direct hits. Rocket splash damage in Serious Sam is only good for killing Marsh Hoppers or weakening Kleers so that the minigun will shred them faster.

Try to be less conservative, ammo is usually distributed so that you spread your weapon usage some but you'll never be without ammo for too long.

Not bad. When I said Rockets + Coach gun, I meant direct hits. Rocket splash damage in Serious Sam is only good for killing Marsh Hoppers or weakening Kleers so that the minigun will shred them faster.

Try to be less conservative, ammo is usually distributed so that you spread your weapon usage some but you'll never be without ammo for too long.

I think my problem is targetting the wrong targets with rockets. Usually I go for Major Biomechs, but since they can go in different directions now, it's not easy to hit them.

In fact there's this "new" enemy called the Scrapjack, which is a concept taken from 2nd Encounter but tweaked a bit. He's a fat slob firing several rockets after every X seconds of walking loudly. They'd make perfect rocket targets due to how slow and big they are, but in practice I tend to pistol snipe them and dodge their rockets even if it takes me a dozen magazines to do it.

Yep. Auto-arm part for that fight too.

MMX2's first Sigma is easy after you learn his patterns. The Head thing would just be some tedious shit and you have enemies to kill occasionally that might drop son Energy so there's that.

X3's? I often get the Z-saber just cause of how much I hate this fucker.

The final part is just extremely boring. 1hp per hit, no way.

Yeah, but now that I think about it, Serge/Agile are WAY harder. Specially Serge.

Cheaaaaaaaaap difficulty.

I think my problem is targetting the wrong targets with rockets. Usually I go for Major Biomechs, but since they can go in different directions now, it's not easy to hit them.

Sounds like for these the best weapons would be Cannon and the Devastator. There's a way to get closer to these in TSE sometimes, you basically just have to time a jump so that they aim a little more upwards so you can move forward to dodge the rockets and hit 'em with a few of your own. It's pretty much the main reason I survive 2 of them when rushing Land of the Damned's christmas song.

In fact there's this "new" enemy called the Scrapjack, which is a concept taken from 2nd Encounter but tweaked a bit. He's a fat slob firing several rockets after every X seconds of walking loudly. They'd make perfect rocket targets due to how slow and big they are, but in practice I tend to pistol snipe them and dodge their rockets even if it takes me a dozen magazines to do it.

That's rather slow.

The final part is just extremely boring. 1hp per hit, no way.

Yeah, but now that I think about it, Serge/Agile are WAY harder. Specially Serge.

Cheaaaaaaaaap difficulty.

Mhm.

Agreed on Agile if it's the first one we're talking about. I've found final Agile pretty easy every time.

Lol play X6.

Mhm.

Agreed on Agile if it's the first one we're talking about. I've found final Agile pretty easy every time.

Lol play X6.

Yeah, Agile I is harder. Mainly because he's way faster and actually moves. Poor Brute is a joke.

That's the one with Gate, right? Haha, I saw that motherfucker. Ridiculous.

Sounds like for these the best weapons would be Cannon and the Devastator. There's a way to get closer to these in TSE sometimes, you basically just have to time a jump so that they aim a little more upwards so you can move forward to dodge the rockets and hit 'em with a few of your own. It's pretty much the main reason I survive 2 of them when rushing Land of the Damned's christmas song.

That's rather slow.

I actually really enjoy the Devastator for those since its rounds go a lot faster.

Thy Lord dondon151 would be unpleased with my unefficiency. And he would make me sad with his comments ;_;

Edited by Dio

Yeah, Agile I is harder. Mainly because he's way faster and actually moves. Poor Brute is a joke.

That's the one with Gate, right? Haha, I saw that motherfucker. Ridiculous.

By Brute you mean Violen the big guy? Yeah he doesn't really get an upgrade on the last levels like Serges and Agile do.

Fight him. As Zero or Unarmored X, without the Shock Buffer equipped. I dare ya.

I actually really enjoy the Devastator for those since its rounds go a lot faster.

Thy Lord dondon151 would be unpleased with my unefficiency. And he would make me sad with his comments ;_;

That's the point.

Hahah. I guess I just like to kill shit fast. Zumb'uls get sniped before they shoot a rocket, usually.

Edited by Sirius