FE4 THREAD

Fia

I don't know... I find Korean and Japanese very similar, both culturally and linguistically.

Dunno about Chinese, though. I want to learn, but I can't right now...

Not to mention both like to kick people's asses in games

Look look, bunny, Lumi: http://i.imgur.com/RN1nLQJ.jpg (Yes, the first thing I noticed when I got the catalogue was the bunny. >_>)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

...What? I...um.... I.... already have one in mind if I have to go Brazilian?!? I mean... Um.... SPANISH PLEASE. Wait. I mean JAPANESE.

Also, there is a very clear distinction between Korean, Japanese and Chinese!!

Bunny :3

You mean besides TE? I already said it, we are ALL OF THEM.

I wonder what this is all about...? Not that I'd expect Chrom to be able to solo chapter 11, with his %!@#$ resistance...

Oh yeah, those mages. Maybe with an A support with War Cleric!Lissa? It was her sister too...

Edited by Tonton

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know... I find Korean and Japanese very similar, both culturally and linguistically.

Dunno about Chinese, though. I want to learn, but I can't right now...

...Well..... I... don't know really..... I only really know Chinese because family. :< Don't learn it! It's the DEVIL language!

Bunny :3

You mean besides TE? I already said it, we are ALL OF THEM.

What do you mean "besides"? >_>

Oh...okay then.

*pokes* NOT REPEATEDLY.

...Well..... I... don't know really..... I only really know Chinese because family. :< Don't learn it! It's the DEVIL language!

I mean, I've studied both Korean and Japanese. The languages are immensely similar. Implications, grammar, word order, those four Chinese character proverb things, sounds (like dokidoki and the like), and the vocabulary as a whole. Of course, they're not identical, but from what I hear, most Koreans (that know Korean) are able to pick up Japanese pretty quickly. (I know I found my knowledge of Korean a huge help...)

B-but... I aspire to become a polyglot. Actually, not really, but I want to learn languages.

I know English, Russian, and Korean. I'm working on Japanese. And I want to learn Spanish and Chinese. Then I can maybe move on to French, German, and Italian. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm probably never going to learn any of those except for the four I'm learning now. Of all of them, the ones I want to know the best are English, because it's my native tongue, Korean, because, well, uh, I'm Korean, of course, and Japanese, for obvious reasons. Russian... I want to continue for the sole reason of retaining what I learned before... Otherwise, I don't really care for it...

*trows TE and Rei Rei at Shirley*

what

*shakes fist angrily at Oi*

I'd have GVT if I could

Curse them and their crappy phone plans

Edited by OldMan

I mean, I've studied both Korean and Japanese. The languages are immensely similar. Implications, grammar, word order, those four Chinese character proverb things, sounds (like dokidoki and the like), and the vocabulary as a whole. Of course, they're not identical, but from what I hear, most Koreans (that know Korean) are able to pick up Japanese pretty quickly. (I know I found my knowledge of Korean a huge help...)

B-but... I aspire to become a polyglot. Actually, not really, but I want to learn languages.

I know English, Russian, and Korean. I'm working on Japanese. And I want to learn Spanish and Chinese. Then I can maybe move on to French, German, and Italian. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm probably never going to learn any of those except for the four I'm learning now. Of all of them, the ones I want to know the best are English, because it's my native tongue, Korean, because, well, uh, I'm Korean, of course, and Japanese, for obvious reasons. Russian... I want to continue for the sole reason of retaining what I learned before... Otherwise, I don't really care for it...

It's possible... but I think the same can be said for Chinese with learning Japanese too, at least for reading/writing anyway. Maybe for pronunciation and other things, it might be more for Korean. Maybe the three are pretty tied up together anyway...

Eep. Well, that's your goal anyway... I... um... really just want to re-learn Japanese and learn Spanish now. I don't actually care much for my own um... well, for Chinese.

and the Koreaaaaaaan penguin?

Okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay.

*Pokes back...once*

*hugs Nightmare*

Edited by Sylveon

*stabs Tonton*

Andddddddddd to whoever knows Korean, someone tell me what penguin is in Korean. :D Hangul and um... romanized form.

What did I do this time?

I know only Portuguese and English. And I can understand some Spanish. I plan on trying to learn Japanese as soon as I'm satisfied with my English. WHY DON'T YOU WANNA LEARN PORTUGUESE MASTER RACE?

what

I'd have GVT if I could

Curse them and their crappy phone plans

We are superior. and you know Japanese, so it has to count something

Why can't you, your city doesn't have it? (like mine) Or something else?

I spent the entire day having to use my phone's Internet >_>

It's possible... but I think the same can be said for Chinese with learning Japanese too, at least for reading/writing anyway. Maybe for pronunciation and other things, it might be more for Korean. Maybe the three are pretty tied up together anyway...

Eep. Well, that's your goal anyway... I... um... really just want to re-learn Japanese and learn Spanish now. I don't actually care much for my own um... well, for Chinese.

and the Koreaaaaaaan penguin?

Yeah, there's a lot of Chinese influence on Korean and Japanese. But that's only natural given China's thousands of years of dominance. They copied not only language, but religion (Buddhism channeled through China), government (China's centralized form of government was copied by both Korea and Japan at certain points in time), and culture in general (many Korean and Japanese went to China to be educated in the arts). Heck, only relatively recently have Korea and Japan risen in power.

I'm taking AP World Hx this year.

BUT YOUR PRIDE!!! YOU NEED TO BE PROUD OF YOUR INNER CHINESE!!! (But really, I didn't feel fully "Korean" until I moved to Korea for a year.)

Penguin would be 팽귄 [pen(g)-guin], I believe. You could add 새 at the end, making it "Penguin bird." But plain "penguin" is the one that's used more, I think.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

We are superior. and you know Japanese, so it has to count something

Why can't you, your city doesn't have it? (like mine) Or something else?

I spent the entire day having to use my phone's Internet >_>

My Japanese knowledge is second rate

JLPT agreed, don't bother it about it

My mother needs a decent phone plan, as she talks with relatives outside of town pretty often

GVT's phone plan is ridiculous, and you know how Brazil is

Internet plans more expensive than combo plans, etc.

BRPRIDEMODEON

I need a smaller version, brb.

My Japanese knowledge is second rate
JLPT agreed, don't bother it about it

My mother needs a decent phone plan, as she talks with relatives outside of town pretty often
GVT's phone plan is ridiculous, and you know how Brazil is
Internet plans more expensive than combo plans, etc.

I never said you were fluent or anything, just that you knew it.

Yes, I know that pretty well...

Edited by Tonton

Yeah, there's a lot of Chinese influence on Korean and Japanese. But that's only natural given China's thousands of years of dominance. They copied not only language, but religion (Buddhism channeled through China), government (China's centralized form of government was copied by both Korea and Japan at certain points in time), and culture in general (many Korean and Japanese went to China to be educated in the arts). Heck, only relatively recently have Korea and Japan risen in power.

I'm taking AP World Hx this year.

BUT YOUR PRIDE!!! YOU NEED TO BE PROUD OF YOUR INNER CHINESE!!! (But really, I didn't feel fully "Korean" until I moved to Korea for a year.)

Penguin would be 팽귄 [pen(g)-guin], I believe. You could add 새 at the end, making it "Penguin bird." But plain "penguin" is the one that's used more, I think.

Yes, that's true. Chinese is the basis of them all, I guess.

and NO! I've always gone back to China for vacation for about a month (during college years) with my parents but I never felt proud of being Chinese. In fact, I'm probably a shame to my ancestors if they knew because I prefer Korea and Japan more. XD

...Huh. That's...how you read it in romanized too? XD HOW DO YOU SAY IT THEN.

You are action-oriented today.

*Hugs*

MAYBE I AM.

BRPRIDEMODEON

I need a smaller version, brb.

I never said you were fluent or anything, just that you knew it.

Yes, I know that pretty well...

what

okay

and that's illegal, you know

venda casada and all that shit

but nobody seems to care

did you really put the Brazil flag as your avatar

because I don't actually know many flags

also, for TE?

[7:11:28 PM] Mitsuki: it's fineeee

[7:12:04 PM] Vashiane: It's not fine - it's illogical!

[7:12:42 PM] Mitsuki: IT'S FINE

[7:12:50 PM] Mitsuki: or should i say

[7:12:56 PM] Mitsuki: 大丈夫

Edited by Sylveon

what

and that's illegal, you know

venda casada and all that shit

but nobody seems to care

People were Korean pride! and Chinese pride! so I had to go Brazilian pride mode. It's temporary

Nobody seems to care about a lot of things here...

and I'm not talking about THAT Nobody

did you really put the Brazil flag as your avatar

because I don't actually know many flags

YES

Edited by Tonton

announcing you're a brazilian is a suboptimal plan

first because leech brs will flock to you

second because people will automatically think you're a noob and a scammer

better withhold the info until they're familiar with it, and then when they notice it

"fuck, i like a br"

Yes, that's true. Chinese is the basis of them all, I guess.

and NO! I've always gone back to China for vacation for about a month (during college years) with my parents but I never felt proud of being Chinese. In fact, I'm probably a shame to my ancestors if they knew because I prefer Korea and Japan more. XD

...Huh. That's...how you read it in romanized too? XD HOW DO YOU SAY IT THEN.

Well, not basis, but more like heavy, heavy influence. Both Korea and Japan managed to hold on to their own, unique traditions, despite the similarities.

B-but... ;~;

Peng-gween.