• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, how come my ROM freezes EVERY TIME Gandolf attacks Midir any time I try to use Nightmare?

As far as I know, you can't edit either of them or else it freezes.

I'm sure there's a way around it, but...

I know it was heavier for Battle.net and the option of not using cinematic CDs. Otherwise, the specs seem low for the time: 233 MHz Pentium or better, 32 MB RAM, 650 MB drive space, 4X CD-ROM drive, DirectX compatible video card

It didn't run well in my old (shitty) K6-2.

Hey, how come my ROM freezes EVERY TIME Gandolf attacks Midir any time I try to use Nightmare?

Stop cheating.

I played a bit of D2 but stopped quickly because like Arthur said, it felt too much like an MMORPG. Never playing that kind again.

Diablo 1 feels a bit more strategic IMO, especially with the Warrior and the Rogue. The Sorceror on the other hand can just tank with Magic Shield and blast fireballs at enemies. The only ones that can't be harmed by magic can be petrified and he can use his limited combat skills ( preferably aided by a Golem ) to kill them.

It happened to me when I got to Bartuc. The bastard is immune to all magics, except I didn't have a Golem spell. Not only that, but I visited a shirne that lowered the attack power of my weapon to increase my armor class twice, meaning this fight was hella long.

Diablo 1 feels a bit more strategic IMO, especially with the Warrior and the Rogue. The Sorceror on the other hand can just tank with Magic Shield and blast fireballs at enemies. The only ones that can't be harmed by magic can be petrified and he can use his limited combat skills ( preferably aided by a Golem ) to kill them.

It happened to me when I got to Bartuc. The bastard is immune to all magics, except I didn't have a Golem spell. Not only that, but I visited a shirne that lowered the attack power of my weapon to increase my armor class twice, meaning this fight was hella long.

I liked the Warrior.

I think I started a Rogue playthrough with an increased item drop hack (come on, items are fun), but it crashed hopelessly in the middle of the catacombs.

As far as I know, you can't edit either of them or else it freezes.

I'm sure there's a way around it, but...

Aw.

Stop cheating.

I'm just doing it for fun. :[

Also, you guys abuse the hell out of everything. >_>

I liked the Warrior.

I think I started a Rogue playthrough with an increased item drop hack (come on, items are fun), but it crashed hopelessly in the middle of the catacombs.

First time I played through I took the Warrior, but I made two costly errors:

One: I used an axe as my main weapon and never kept a backup ( sword/hammer and shield ).

Two: I made him more of a magician.

Needless to say, I was thrashed in the Halls of the Blind and even today it's a quest I dread, despite the reward being nice.

Years later when I went back as a Sorceror he just destroyed everything on his path. Fire Bolt up to the Caves where he switched to Lightning and finally to Chain Lightning/Fireball in Hell.

Not really a Rogue fan. Never been too fond of archers. I like to hit stuff with something or set fire at it, not shoot them with arrows.

Also, you guys abuse the hell out of everything. >_>

I don't do anything. I simply let them fight against the enemies and later they reach LV.30. :mellow:83

First time I played through I took the Warrior, but I made two costly errors:

One: I used an axe as my main weapon and never kept a backup ( sword/hammer and shield ).

Two: I made him more of a magician.

Needless to say, I was thrashed in the Halls of the Blind and even today it's a quest I dread, despite the reward being nice.

Years later when I went back as a Sorceror he just destroyed everything on his path. Fire Bolt up to the Caves where he switched to Lightning and finally to Chain Lightning/Fireball in Hell.

Not really a Rogue fan. Never been too fond of archers. I like to hit stuff with something or set fire at it, not shoot them with arrows.

I liked swords, and kept a secondary set of intelligence-boosting equipment so I could study all books I found, lol.

Halls of the Blind was quite easy. Never had trouble with it.

I don't do anything. I simply let them fight against the enemies and later they reach LV.30. :mellow:83

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I see what you did there.